New bowl projections

FLU

I still do not understand the love for Stanford, the only real teams they have faced are Oregon, spanked pretty badly, up and down SC and Arizona. Most likely none other than Oregon will be ranked at end of season.

There competition have a losing record same as Oregon.

Somebody has to explain how SOS works. Stanford's is rated #8, and you're right, their opponents have a losing record. I guess if you take the Stanford game out of each of their opponents it is a bit over .500, but not much. I know some of it is based on your opponents opponents, but still, I just don't believe this. Wake Forest, Sacramento St, and Notre Dame were their OOC opponents. Suck, Suck, and Suck just a bit less than they usually have lately. How can they be at #8?

Can you say media darlings. Oregon and Stanford have replaced SC.

I hate to think of another year of SEC is the greatest talk, but I just do not see Oregon giving them much of a game. Oregon has not faced a big fast strong team yet. They are overmatched at the line of scrimmage by nearly 60 pounds offensive to defensive lines.

We all know the SEC plays fast quick players, Auburns have been good enough to beat all of them so far. God I hate to think of hearing every SEC fan screaming about how good they are another year. But I really do not think Oregon belongs on the same field with them.

But that is why they play the games.

I still do not understand the love for Stanford, the only real teams they have faced are Oregon, spanked pretty badly, up and down SC and Arizona. Most likely none other than Oregon will be ranked at end of season.

There competition have a losing record same as Oregon.

Somebody has to explain how SOS works. Stanford's is rated #8, and you're right, their opponents have a losing record. I guess if you take the Stanford game out of each of their opponents it is a bit over .500, but not much. I know some of it is based on your opponents opponents, but still, I just don't believe this. Wake Forest, Sacramento St, and Notre Dame were their OOC opponents. Suck, Suck, and Suck just a bit less than they usually have lately. How can they be at #8?

A lot of it has to do with margin of victory. For the most part, the Pac-10 didn't feature a lot of blowouts this year. Most teams played each other pretty closely, which skews the numbers of a guy like Sagarin. Because all of those teams played close games for the most part, the computer thinks they're all pretty even, when in reality seven of Stanford's twelve opponents have five or fewer wins. Nebraska played eight opponents with five or fewer wins, but because the Big 12 featured several blowout games, our SOS is 44th to Stanford's 8th.

Stanford's opponents have a combined record of 67-69, while Nebraska's have a combined record of 71-71. Each team has played four bowl teams, the major difference being that Nebraska lost to two of our four, while Stanford lost to just one (#1 Oregon). But even if we'd have beaten A&M, our SOS would still be skewed due to the margin of victory disparity. It's an odd year, I suppose.

Knapplc,

Who are the four that they played. Are you counting SC in that group? Maybe Washington if they win their last game against a whipping boy State.

Will any of their bowl teams be ranked besides Oregon?

I just do not see them as the power house that the media does, nor do I see Oregon as the Best or second best team in the country.

I agree it is a weird year.

I will be happy with any bowl, as a previous poster said, I would prefer the CCG win over any bowl right now. Let the chips fall where they may after that win. Pitt Uconn or Stanford. I do not care.

Stanford's opponents have a combined record of 67-69, while Nebraska's have a combined record of 71-71. Each team has played four bowl teams, the major difference being that Nebraska lost to two of our four, while Stanford lost to just one (#1 Oregon). But even if we'd have beaten A&M, our SOS would still be skewed due to the margin of victory disparity. It's an odd year, I suppose.,

KSU, OSU, Mizzou, A&M and now OU. If you count Washington that is 6 bowls teams out of 13 for NU. With a record so far of 4-1. Where did you get 2-2? Texas didn't make a bowl or did I miss something?