Oklahoma vs Prince

gin_32

its true. you wanna beat the best, you go after them. bob stoops will go after him, test him. landry and company cant afford to simply give up one side of the field- gundy came after him with an accurate qb and a pro level receiver. its been shown it can work. the best team will win saturday, and i hope everyone brings their A game.

Let them try in Ubbens article breaking down the big 12 players of the year, he brought up a stat. Prince has been thrown to this year 40 times, 11 were completed and 5 of those completions were to Blackmon. Other than the best reciver in the nation attepts to throw to prince are 6 for 35 good luck with that.

broyles will be every bit of a test for prince as blackmon was, although his style is a bit different, you cant argue with his stats. last i saw he had something like 15 more receptions than blackmon, albeit less touchdowns and slightly fewer total yards. im hoping they do test him as well, as broyles and landry generally are of the more dink and dunk type, maybe something prince will have a better time jumping.

i simply believe that there is going to be a little more whiteknuckling for us as fans with prince than usual. the biggest reason may very well be those damn yellow hankies- those short routes broyles excels at are going to play into the very epitome of Bo and Prince's aggressive nature.

Let them try in Ubbens article breaking down the big 12 players of the year, he brought up a stat. Prince has been thrown to this year 40 times, 11 were completed and 5 of those completions were to Blackmon. Other than the best reciver in the nation attepts to throw to prince are 6 for 35 good luck with that.

broyles will be every bit of a test for prince as blackmon was, although his style is a bit different, you cant argue with his stats. last i saw he had something like 15 more receptions than blackmon, albeit less touchdowns and slightly fewer total yards. im hoping they do test him as well, as broyles and landry generally are of the more dink and dunk type, maybe something prince will have a better time jumping.

i simply believe that there is going to be a little more whiteknuckling for us as fans with prince than usual. the biggest reason may very well be those damn yellow hankies- those short routes broyles excels at are going to play into the very epitome of Bo and Prince's aggressive nature.

I think OU's passing stats are misleading. Remember that OSU has a very balanced attack. Some of Blackmon's potential plays are being eaten up by Kendall Hunter runs. OU throws more than OSU, so I would expect Broyles' raw numbers to be higher: he's had more bites at the apple.

I don't really understand the OP, but since Prince is about 12 games overdue for an interception, I say go ahead throw his way... Just tempt fate one more time...

Prince = this year's Matt O'Hanlon

I appreciate what you are trying to say here. And Ohanlon had plenty of picks.... but Matt doesnt hold a candle to Prince. Many of Matt's picks were gift wrapped.

... 5 of those completions were to Blackmon

And how many of those 5 were terribly under-thown? Prince had good coverage but didn't get his head turned around in time. I think if he'd turned to look he would have picked at least 2 of those 5 off. I'm sure he learned this from watching tape of that game. (like tape is used anymore...I suppose their tape is now HD on a 50 foot screen)

Neither team will have an advantage when it comes the the Broyles vs Prince/Alfonzo match up. Ryan will make catches, and get yards; he's just too good. Where NU will have to win this game is with Hagg, Gomes, David, Cassidy, Osbourne making plays on the other threats. Ou is very similar to OSU with the stud (Blackmon) and a nice, but not spectacular compliment around him. Make no mistake, OU has good athletes, but only one Broyles. If the under guys (Hagg, Gomes, David) are able to cover up the slots/TE's for OU, we'll be able to get pressure on Jones. From there, our D can really open up. If Jones can really spread it around and pick his matchups, we'll play much safer.

Think to MIzzou, we got most of the sacks when Gabbert realized he couldn't make his throws right away. Same thing we did to Jones in '09. OSU was able to hit some deep balls early, so the safties had to stay back an extra few steps, which opened up their running game. I would expect OU to go with that type of game plan early to see what they can get over the top. That means the early mtchup of our D line and their O line is the one to watch.

This should be very fun!!!!

GBR