New Conference Rival?

We're going to be in a division with Michigan and playing a regular annual game with Penn State, two of the winningest programs in college football. Add in Iowa for them being our annoying next door neighbors and we've got three natural rivals right there. I'd expect any rivalry with Michigan and Penn State to be more of a "gentleman's rivalry" and one with Iowa to be a "I hate your friggin' guts, go die" type of rivalry. :)

Iowa! Farmageddon, baby!

Bonus points and some award for "Farmageddon"! I say Iowa is a given for the new "border war rival". Then the others listed here, Ohio St, Penn St, Michigan, basically whoever else is fighting for top-dog. Insert those mentioned in the place of Tex-ass, Okie-homa, Okie-State.

All are good choices. I find it hard not to want to beat the absolute holy $&!@ out of Ohio State every year though. I'm just tired of constantly hearing about the Buckeyes despite how good they are. They have to be beat.

Here's another vote for Northwestern. There will be two teams wearing an "N" on their helmets, and those in Evanston lay claim to the "real" NU. "Why," they ask, "is the University of Nebraska 'NU'? Northwestern University is the real NU."

The battle for the N every year. Loser has to take the N off the helmet for the following year's game.

And they're purple Wildcats, so there will be a little nostalgia for those missing the Big 12.