Dear Shawn Watson,

The Dude

2) Defense: you got owned. 17 of Oklahoma's 23 points at least were directly caused by three huge plays given up by the secondary. Cassidy, Hagg, and pretty much everyone (I guess it was Dennard's man). These are good players in a very good defensive system. But these three plays are more costly than I could even begin talking about. There was a lot of good defense today, and a lot of sharpness from Jones with his pinpoint passes. But there was also some giving up big runs up the middle (DL?...) and those three ugly, inexcusable plays. You cannot expect to go against a quality offensive team and make THREE miscues like that, and still expect to win. FOUR HUNDRED AND FIFTY FIVE YARDS today by the Sooners. I will not call for anyone's heads though. But just think about that. 4-5-5.

I totally disagree. After 4 turnovers, I can't believe the score was only within a field goal. Our defense played with their heart and soul. The wheels came off with that interception and we never got them back on.

This loss is on the offense, not the defense--at all. With that number of turnovers the Sooners should have been up on us by more than two touchdowns, but our defense prevailed. There's just too much talent on the Sooner side of the ball to keep giving them chances, I don't care how good our backs are. Eventually they'll get a good play in there given all those chances.

I blame the offense as a whole, but I'm still a T-Mart fan. He's a freshman and he's playing with the intensity of a Bo Pelini. He did try to do too much himself and time will tell if that's a Freshman error, or a character flaw, but all the hate directed at him is very unbecoming. I'm not a frequent poster, but Taylor is OUR quarterback and we should be consoling him and encouraging him. You all sound like a bunch of Real Housewives. Worse, really. Sad.

We still have one more game to play and then we're in a real conference. We need to build on a very successful year and move forward. We need to be positive and proud of what our team did this year. They struggled, but so did TO before he was a "genius." We had an extremely successful year. Don't forget what it was just a few years ago!

And for those of you who don't know better: Welcom to NU vs. OU. So many times it looked like TO had the game wrapped up and OU found a way to come back and beat us. Oh well. We're still a great program.

Suck up the loss. We can't change it. We can only move on from here. Let's move on and improve.

Hindsight is supposedly 20/20 but for some reason it doesn't seem to apply to Watson. I'll give him credit for the gutsy call on 4th down..... because it worked. But why does he keep trying things that are not working and seems to go away from things that are? The Wildcat makes us to "one dimensional"? I have news for ya Watts. We are "one dimensional" no matter what formation we are in!!! Not enough runs between the tackles last night.

I've just realized Shawn Watson can't be bothered to prepare his offense or make in-game adjustments because he's too busy making excuses for his shenanigans on the HuskerBoard under the username "zoogies".

If you really believe we fielded a quality offense this year you're not paying attention.

If you really believe we fielded a quality offense this year you're not paying attention.

Wash - Mizzou - OK State - Kansas State - 414 yards a game - I don't know what to say.

Sure it wasn't Herculean. But not a quality offense?

With the exception of Mizzou, those teams all have some of the worst defenses in college football. We weren't the only ones who hung mega points on those teams. The difference between us and those other teams is that our offense forgot to show up in our other games.

Wash - Mizzou - OK State - Kansas State - 414 yards a game - I don't know what to say.

South Dakota State, Texas, Texas A&M, Iowa State, Kansas, and Oklahoma would like to have a word with you.

Mizzou is the only halfway decent defense of that bunch. We had a really, really good quarter against them. I remain unimpressed.

South Dakota State, Texas, Texas A&M, Iowa State, Kansas, and Oklahoma would like to have a word with you.

Mizzou is the only halfway decent defense of that bunch. We had a really, really good quarter against them. I remain unimpressed.

Save you breath Dude.

You're arguing with a founding member of the Flat Earth Society.

SDSU - Total bad game. Texas - you saw the drops? I won't go into more detail about what happened against Texas, it's been discussed quite a bit. We had them on numerous occasions and dropped it all away.

All the rest of your games you listed? Happened after our #1 and #2 QBs got knocked out. A&M - Cody. Iowa State - Cody, and it wasn't that bad. How about our defense giving up 24 in regulation and another score in OT? Kansas - injured Taylor. Oklahoma - injured Taylor.

Missouri - we pretty much destroyed them. Taylor hits a cold spell, which he does because he is inconsistent, which he is because that's how Taylor is. He gets knocked towards the end of the 2nd. Zac comes in, gets one drive to make something happen with his arm. He doesn't. The next drive, Helu takes it to the house, and it's chew out the clock/preserve the game from that point on. We didn't try anything other than run, run, run up the gut and hold on for the win after we scored to go up 31-10 or whatever. So, that's the story of Missouri. I thought garbage time stats, don't matter? People used that quite a bit to discredit the 2007 offense, for example. And it's a very fair point. They don't really matter. That goes both ways.

SDSU - Total bad game. Texas - you saw the drops? I won't go into more detail about what happened against Texas, it's been discussed quite a bit. We had them on numerous occasions and dropped it all away.

All the rest of your games you listed? Happened after our #1 and #2 QBs got knocked out. A&M - Cody. Iowa State - Cody, and it wasn't that bad. How about our defense giving up 24 in regulation and another score in OT? Kansas - injured Taylor. Oklahoma - injured Taylor.

Missouri - we pretty much destroyed them. Taylor hits a cold spell, which he does because he is inconsistent, which he is because that's how Taylor is. He gets knocked towards the end of the 2nd. Zac comes in, gets one drive to make something happen with his arm. He doesn't. The next drive, Helu takes it to the house, and it's chew out the clock/preserve the game from that point on. We didn't try anything other than run, run, run up the gut and hold on for the win after we scored to go up 31-10 or whatever. So, that's the story of Missouri. I thought garbage time stats, don't matter? People used that quite a bit to discredit the 2007 offense, for example. And it's a very fair point. They don't really matter. That goes both ways.

I'll take results over excuses on why we can't produce results any day. Excuses don't impress me.

You should not be calling those fumbles in our own territory, if you would, wait till we are on the 40. For example, when Rex fumbled, that was a good time to call that fumble. The INT that TMart threw was at a perfect time as well. Impecable. That WildCat with Rex, HORRIBLE. We don't need to be creative at all. Simplify the offense. And zone read after zone read? Open the playbook up.

I hope everybody that reads this understands what I am saying. Watson called a good game last night. The wildcat package with Rex was very innovative and well timed. This game WAS NOT Watson's fault. Our players did not execute the game plan. Make no mistake about it, the game plan that Watson constructed would have won us the game had it been executed properly. This one is on the players for not executing what was put in. If you turn the ball over four times against an OU team you will not win it.