Dear Shawn Watson,

The Dude

It's pretty simple. OU sold out to stop the run up the middle early on, because we were doing that. We had some success with the zone read early on. Some of the plays we have been hurt on it because Taylor isn't making the right read. He's made a few awful reads actually.

So we change it up. It's a chess match. Back and forth.

It's pretty simple. OU sold out to stop the run up the middle early on, because we were doing that. We had some success with the zone read early on. Some of the plays we have been hurt on it because Taylor isn't making the right read. He's made a few awful reads actually.

So we change it up. It's a chess match. Back and forth.

Dear Zoogies,

Your relentless defense of Shawn Watson is playing like a broken record. Give up.

Signed, Huskerboard.

• Fire 3

We can look at the total yards at the end of the game as well as the points scored by the offense already, and compare that to what people were saying before the game about what would be enough for Watson to show.

Not much more to say than that.

So you're done? Glad your satisfied with 17 early points followed by 3 quarters of a worthless offense. You're right, I think that is fairly similar to what most people were saying before the game. Watson showing some consistency? Remarkable...we should hang on to him. Maybe as the 1st quarter OC?

We can look at the total yards at the end of the game as well as the points scored by the offense already, and compare that to what people were saying before the game about what would be enough for Watson to show.

So you're done? Glad your satisfied with 17 early points followed by 3 quarters of a worthless offense. You're right, I think that is fairly similar to what most people were saying before the game. Watson showing some consistency? Remarkable...we should hang on to him. Maybe as the 1st quarter OC?

I don't know if there was ever a point in time when consistency was something that should have been expected out of our raw freshman QB, even when Taylor was healthy. At least deal in reality here. I think most would not have expected much more than 20 points and figured if we scored more than that, good chance for a win. Well, the offense has done that. If we lose this game it will be in no small part due to the defense. Although to be fair there is blame all the way around. * Turnovers being #1 on the blame list by a mile.

What happened to the wildcat? Let Rex throw it!

Considering we would run the zone read a lot out of that, I don't think many would like to see it. Although as I'm typing this Burkhead is making a 19-yard run on a zone read out of the Wildcat.

I don't know if there was ever a point in time when consistency was something that should have been expected out of our raw freshman QB, even when Taylor was healthy. At least deal in reality here. I think most would not have expected much more than 20 points and figured if we scored more than that, good chance for a win. Well, the offense has done that. If we lose this game it will be in no small part due to the defense. Although to be fair there is blame all the way around. * Turnovers being #1 on the blame list by a mile.

Considering we would run the zone read a lot out of that, I don't think many would like to see it. Although as I'm typing this Burkhead is making a 19-yard run on a zone read out of the Wildcat.

When a great team loses through complacency, it will constantly search for new and more intricate explanations to explain away defeat.

Pat Riley

When a great team loses through complacency, it will constantly search for new and more intricate explanations to explain away defeat.

Pat Riley

Nail on the motherf#~@ing head!