Dear Shawn Watson,

The Dude

I'll take results over excuses on why we can't produce results any day. Excuses don't impress me.

You didn't take results. Hence I offered explanation.

But if you're not listening to explanation, there's really no point in discussing it. We have an offense in the 30s this year, and your excuse for that is "They didn't go up against good defenses, except for one, and even then, it wasn't for four quarters." Oh well.

OU threw 3 picks against Okie State and still managed to put enough points on the board to win. Good offenses find a way to overcome their own mistakes.

Not to mention that our D kept OU from capitalizing too much off our turnovers. We got shut out in the second half. There is no excuse for this.

You should not be calling those fumbles in our own territory, if you would, wait till we are on the 40. For example, when Rex fumbled, that was a good time to call that fumble. The INT that TMart threw was at a perfect time as well. Impecable. That WildCat with Rex, HORRIBLE. We don't need to be creative at all. Simplify the offense. And zone read after zone read? Open the playbook up.

I hope everybody that reads this understands what I am saying. Watson called a good game last night. The wildcat package with Rex was very innovative and well timed. This game WAS NOT Watson's fault. Our players did not execute the game plan. Make no mistake about it, the game plan that Watson constructed would have won us the game had it been executed properly. This one is on the players for not executing what was put in. If you turn the ball over four times against an OU team you will not win it.

They rarely ever execute, and if your players aren't executing then your not coaching ='s Watson's fault.

You can put RB execution on Beck, OL execution on Cotton, TE execution on Brown, and WR execution on Gilmore. Two or three of them have been pretty solid this year. QB is what comes down to Watson, and...

When Taylor doesn't execute: It's okay, he's a freshman, this is expected.

When Taylor doesn't execute: Fire Wats! Taylor isn't executing, that's outrageous.

I'm surprised how continually people forget what we are working with at QB right now. And who was responsible for that choice last night.

"Those who do not learn from History are doomed to repeat it,

the first time as tragedy, the second time as farce."

-G. Santayana

"The common man learns from his own mistakes.

The superior man learns from the mistakes of others.

The fool never learns."

-Otto von Bismarck

Should we swap Herbie Husker for Mr. Magoo?

Oh, the guilt, the guilt, the guilt.....

You can put RB execution on Beck, OL execution on Cotton, TE execution on Brown, and WR execution on Gilmore. Two or three of them have been pretty solid this year. QB is what comes down to Watson, and...

When Taylor doesn't execute: Fire Wats! Taylor isn't executing, that's outrageous.

I'm surprised how continually people forget what we are working with at QB right now. And who was responsible for that choice last night.

If you actually believe any of what you just wrote, then we could get rid of the Pelini brothers, keep the defensive assistants, and the defense would continue to dominate. I doubt seriously you believe that's true.

Last night was a tough pill to swallow. I feel rotten for the players. While close games are very fun to watch, losing them is agonizing.

So I was trying to get my thoughts wrapped around what needs to change. I began to think that maybe Watson needs to find a better fit for this high risk style of play calling. I was ticked to see him call such an inconsistent game. It seemed we could have consistently punched them in the mouth all game long. Watson wants to out scheme or trick the defense. When it works it really works, but OU's dc put Watson in his place last night. Last night I was all about seeing Watson move on. Then I watched the game this morning and no longer in the bye bye Watson camp. While in hindsight I would have not called some of the plays he did, 99% of the loss was caused by player error.

I am one that will never be mad at a player for how they perform if they are playing hard. It is their game to win or lose. Their teammates and coaches can be the judge and jury. That being said I could not believe the errors that were made and have consistently been made. I started to ponder what the future will hold next yr without the Seniors. I looked through the roster and all of my questions were answered. This team is young. They are full of youth. Also the Seniors have only been with this staff for the third year, so they are basically RSo or Jrs.

Based on this I think this entire staff needs to be applauded for a great yr. In 2010 only 20 teams had ten or more wins. Not a single one of those teams dealt with the adversity this team did. Only 3 or 4 of those 20 teams have coaching staffs with as short of tenure as Nebraska.

Congratulations 2010 Huskers on a GREAT season!!!!!!!!!

If you really believe we fielded a quality offense this year you're not paying attention.

Wash - Mizzou - OK State - Kansas State - 414 yards a game - I don't know what to say.

Sure it wasn't Herculean. But not a quality offense?

South Dakota State, Texas, Texas A&M, Iowa State, Kansas, and Oklahoma would like to have a word with you.

Mizzou is the only halfway decent defense of that bunch. We had a really, really good quarter against them. I remain unimpressed.

As an offense we have done absolutely nothing against a quality defense. Maybe you can throw Mizzou as an exception but that was for 1 quarter on about 4 big plays. We never really put a drive together until the end of the game, IIRC.

I said after the SDSU game that they had the blue print to defend the zone read. But all that everybody posted on here was about if was on off game and they were looking to bye week and we didnt execute, you know that kinda crap. All it takes is a defense playing assignment football to really stop the read, but you must have something to counter that to be somewhat effective. We dont, simple as that. Watson is making the offense complicated with freshman QB who has alittle bit of an ego problem, that is recipe to blow up in our face. Honestly what I saw last night was coordinater that go cold feet and a QB that tried to be a hero on every play. that comes down to the coaching staff..... by game 13 a freshman is not a freshman anymore considering he has started every game but 2.

Teams with terrible defenses we destroyed with alot of big play drives. why??? because they were undisciplined. Their is reason all the teams we beat are ranked in the bottom half in the country in points and yards allowed per game.

I'll take results over excuses on why we can't produce results any day. Excuses don't impress me.

You didn't take results. Hence I offered explanation.

But if you're not listening to explanation, there's really no point in discussing it. We have an offense in the 30s this year, and your excuse for that is "They didn't go up against good defenses, except for one, and even then, it wasn't for four quarters." Oh well.

Right, you explained why we had so many poor games on the offensive side of the ball. Which was my whole point to begin with. We're not fielding a quality offense, excuses as to why we aren't don't change that.

The reason we have a 30s offense (whoopie) this year is because of the horrible defenses we've faced.

No reason at all why we shouldn't of hung 60 on a vastly inferior team like SDSU. I suppose our definition of quality and our expectations our just different. I won't apologize for having high expectations, it's what keeps programs like Nebraska successful.

If you actually believe any of what you just wrote, then we could get rid of the Pelini brothers, keep the defensive assistants, and the defense would continue to dominate. I doubt seriously you believe that's true.

You're missing the point of what the OC does.

The OC is responsible for taking the guys at TE, WR, RB, OL, and QB, and designing an offense. He calls the plays during the game and gameplans against opponents. He isn't responsible for coaching up the WRs, we have a WRs coach for that. Does Watson teach them to run the offense? Yes. But when the players can't do their jobs, you got to start looking at the position coaches, unless you just want a scapegoat and point fingers meaninglessly.

you need to take Coach Pelini's football 101/102

You should not be calling those fumbles in our own territory, if you would, wait till we are on the 40. For example, when Rex fumbled, that was a good time to call that fumble. The INT that TMart threw was at a perfect time as well. Impecable. That WildCat with Rex, HORRIBLE. We don't need to be creative at all. Simplify the offense. And zone read after zone read? Open the playbook up.

I hope everybody that reads this understands what I am saying. Watson called a good game last night. The wildcat package with Rex was very innovative and well timed. This game WAS NOT Watson's fault. Our players did not execute the game plan. Make no mistake about it, the game plan that Watson constructed would have won us the game had it been executed properly. This one is on the players for not executing what was put in. If you turn the ball over four times against an OU team you will not win it.

I can't imagine why they weren't prepared to execute. Coaching has nothing to do with it I suppose.

• Fire 1