10 wins.... Really?

Marf

Good lord.... Some of you people really piss me off. 10 win season, boys play their hearts out in the Big 12 Championship and come out a little short, and you're all over Tmagic, coaches, and others about the loss? Do you not think every player in that locker room feels 100 times as bad as we all do right now?

I can see some blame on Watson. On a few aspects of the coaching. But 10 wins... Give them some credit. A 10 win season is something millions of fans dream about their teams achieving. We get it, and oh look, we're not content. Okay, get rid of Watson. Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me. But don't let a few bad performances outline what this team has accomplished.

We will likely have 11 wins this season. 11. And we're not happy? Okayyy. Cool.

Be disgruntled all you want, be pissed at the coaches, but for the love of God at least get off of Taylor's back. He gave it his all, after all of you accused him of quitting the team, and not having his heart set on playing at Nebraska. You all tossed him under the bus. He had no support coming in. But he tried. He tried damn hard. Did that look like an athlete who wasn't interested in his team? I don't think so.

Calm down husker nation. There's always next year.

Next year. Next year. Why would I want to sign up for that. Okay, just wait eight months and then we can go back to beating South Dakota State, 17-3. That was SOUTH DAKOTA STATE. Or how about getting beat by a team when we pointed to that foe for months only to lay an egg right in our home stadium. This schedule was WEAK. And we lost three games. And, as for the Big 12 title game, our defensive athletes poured their hearts out in limiting OU like they did despite the fact that our offense threw up yet another clunker. All they had to do there late was run it up the middle twice and Mr. Henery could have kicked the game tying field goal. Instead we almost threw an interception, then gave up a sack that negated the FG chance. I am sorry, tonight was pain, not joy. Forgive me for not wanting to wish away almost an entire year of my life just to suffer through that garbage with Watson.

The anger on this board is typical. I'm angry as well. I'll come down off the ledge, but I'm still up here for now.

I have to say that after a discouraging performance like this, I'm not particularly looking forward to the WHOGIVESAF#$K.COM bowl, let alone next season.

I'm sure I'll get there. But until I do, cut me, and those that feel the same, a little slack please.

Some blame on Watson? Are you serious? The guy is a HORRIBLE play caller let alone a coach. The guy couldn't script a decent game plan let alone coach one. He NEEDS TO GO! By no means was this our QBs' fault. It was the OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR and to some degree Bo's!

Some blame. Yup. Did Watson give up 455 yards? I don't think so. He gets the majority of the blame, yeah, but there is certainly some that goes elsewhere.

I never said this was our QB's fault. It wasn't at all. Read my post.

Some blame on Watson? Are you serious? The guy is a HORRIBLE play caller let alone a coach. The guy couldn't script a decent game plan let alone coach one. He NEEDS TO GO! By no means was this our QBs' fault. It was the OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR and to some degree Bo's!

Some blame. Yup. Did Watson give up 455 yards? I don't think so. He gets the majority of the blame, yeah, but there is certainly some that goes elsewhere.

Husker33, this isn't Middling U. I don't care about the millions of other fans. This is Nebraska. 10 wins and another CCG loss doesn't cut it.

Although I'm fast becoming afraid that we're going to have to get used to it.

• Fire 1

I wasn't implying that you were commenting/blaming the QB but a lot of Husker fans are. I understand that the Defense gave up a lot of yards tonight but look at the 3rd down percentage of OU's. When we did have the ball on their side of the 50, our O couldn't do squat. Oh wait, we were have success running the Wildcat but Watson was up to his old tricks yet again.....If it's working, break it.

Good lord.... Some of you people really piss me off. 10 win season, boys play their hearts out in the Big 12 Championship and come out a little short, and you're all over Tmagic, coaches, and others about the loss? Do you not think every player in that locker room feels 100 times as bad as we all do right now?

I can see some blame on Watson. On a few aspects of the coaching. But 10 wins... Give them some credit. A 10 win season is something millions of fans dream about their teams achieving. We get it, and oh look, we're not content. Okay, get rid of Watson. Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me. But don't let a few bad performances outline what this team has accomplished.

Be disgrun'led all you want, be pissed at the coaches, but for the love of God at least get off of Taylor's back. He gave it his all, after all of you accused him of quitting the team, and not having his heart set on playing at Nebraska. You all tossed him under the bus. He had no support coming in. But he tried. He tried damn hard. Did that look like an athlete who wasn't interested in his team? I don't think so.

The problem is we're just a few plays from having 13. And I think with a better O-coordinator we're sitting at 12-1 right now. I'm not mad at Martinez, but I don't see anything special when I watch him. I wanted to believe in the hype earlier in the year, but couldn't never quite buy into that. I did feel he was the best we had this year and maybe next.... I am just excited to see what the younger QBs bring to the table next Spring.

Husker33, this isn't Middling U. I don't care about the millions of other fans. This is Nebraska. 10 wins and another CCG loss doesn't cut it.

Right. This is Nebraska where we fire coaches after 9-3 seasons. :facepalm:

10 Wins is nice, it's not horrible, a 10-3 season is great to most, but when you look at our sh#t hole of a schedule 10 wins is nothing to brag about, this conference was awful this year and we finally had a decent team back on track and the O fu#*$ up again late, As stated earlier who gives a sh#t about the toilet bowl we will be playing in and im not looking forward to a 7-5 record next season

Thank god, someone still has their freaking head on this board.

WYHusk, you are delusional.

I was pretty numb after this loss, as I was after the Iowa State loss last year, due to the turnovers. No one beat us but us. Only thing that really made me mad was Shawn Watson's play calling. He doesn't know how to call effective plays nor plays that tailor to the quarterback's strengths and weaknesses.

Be disgruntled all you want, be pissed at the coaches, but for the love of God at least get off of Taylor's back. He gave it his all, after all of you accused him of quitting the team, and not having his heart set on playing at Nebraska. You all tossed him under the bus. He had no support coming in. But he tried. He tried damn hard. Did that look like an athlete who wasn't interested in his team? I don't think so.

You're right about coming down too hard on the team, but the coaches deserver it. Let's take a look at our marvelous ten wins:

W- Western Kentucky- 49-10

W- Idaho- 38-17

W- Washington- 56-21

W- South Dakota State- 17-3

Many people were waving red flags after this game, but even more(including me) were still drinking the T-magic koolaid.

W- Kansas State- 48-13

L- Texas- 20-13

Excuse after this game is Texas just owns us.

W- #14 Oklahoma State- 51-41

W- #6 Missouri- 31-17

Our only two quality wins this season are Mizzou and OSU.

W(OT)- Iowa State- 31-30

W-Kansas- 20-3

L- #19 Texas A&M- 9-6

W- Colorado- 45-17

L- #9 Oklahoma- 23-20

Judging from those impressive wins, what exactly looks promising next year?

W- Fresno State

W- Washington

W- Wyoming

L- Wisconsin

L- Ohio State

W- Minnesota

L- Michigan State

W- Northwestern

W- Penn State

L- Michigan

L- Iowa

We'll be thrilled for the insight bowl this time next year. This was a cupcake schedule, and if we had an offense we'd be top 5 and in ncg discussions. Unfortunately I think the problems on offense go deeper than Watson.