You can't turn it over 5 times and give up 7 sacks and expect to win

WYHusk

OU left 3 TDs on the field, at least. Another damn fine defensive effort ruined.

Let's see now. Last year we had no offense for 4 quarters of the Big 12 CCG. This year we had no offense for 2 quarters. So next year we can ...

oh wait. We face a Murderer's Row of a schedule next year. Awesome.

Buckle up, everyone. It's going to be a painful few years, I'm afraid.

Nebraska is not back. Will we be anytime soon? I've got my doubts.

You are correct but...the defense put us in a great position to squeake out a victory. Our offensive play calling stunk up the join. You are also correct about more painful years to come. We are heading into a strong conference and unless we get rid of our current OC, we are going to be sub par at best!

Yep.

You are correct but...the defense put us in a great position to squeake out a victory. Our offensive play calling stunk up the join. You are also correct about more painful years to come. We are heading into a strong conference and unless we get rid of our current OC, we are going to be sub par at best!

Watson did not call a good game. We had 3rd and 8 if I remember correctly at OU's 38(?) and he decides to pull Rex out of the wildcat and put Martinez in the shotgun and he ends up getting sacked, putting us out of fg range. Once we get going, he goes to something else. What's the deal?

Watson did not call a good game. We had 3rd and 8 if I remember correctly at OU's 38(?) and he decides to pull Rex out of the wildcat and put Martinez in the shotgun and he ends up getting sacked, putting us out of fg range. Once we get going, he goes to something else. What's the deal?

He sucks, is the deal.

What REALLY PISSES ME OFF, is that Watson didn't take ANY shots down the field. Hell, throw it down field to atleast keep some of their secondary honest. The guy is friggen clueless!

We need some speed at wideout to help this out... But yes, I wish we'd throw it deep once in a while to keep the D from sitting on the run the whole game.

Watson did not call a good game.

Hopefully he never does as a Nebraska OC!

What REALLY PISSES ME OFF, is that Watson didn't take ANY shots down the field. Hell, throw it down field to atleast keep some of their secondary honest. The guy is friggen clueless!

We need some speed at wideout to help this out... But yes, I wish we'd throw it deep once in a while to keep the D from sitting on the run the whole game.

We took at least two that I can remember. The one from Burkhead to Taylor that could have had a shot at working. Taylor to McNeil that was caught just out of bounds. There may have been a few more.

I don't know there was ever room for a lot of shots downfield. With Paul, maybe.

He sucks, is the deal.

Lol, good post. In my limited view I like Beck and Brown. Watson,Cotton, and Gilmore theres the door. Bye

While I don't see a lot of dark years coming up for us in the Big Ten +2, I think that we have to get rid of Shawn Watson. This play calling stunk up the joint. But there was one key play that had NOTHING to do with the OC that came in the second half and had a major impact on the game. That play, of course, would be Martinez's INT in the end zone. I understand that he was trying to make a play and wanted to be a hero, but you have to know better to force a throw across your body. If he would've taken the sack or thrown it away it would have been 23-16 Nebraska and we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.