If Watson is gone...

If Watson does leave (and he will have to leave because I don't think Bo will fire him), who becomes our next OC?

I have no clue, but am interested in some of the names you might come up with.

For the last time - Gary Crowton from LSU.

I cant see Crowton moving from OC at LSU to OC at NU. LSU hasnt exactly been great offensively any way.

Let's trade the OC of a 20-30s offense, for the OC of a #90s offense in LSU?..............or Barney because 2003 can't be worse than what we have now?..................

I hope this is just talk fueled by frustration.

I think Beck could be an interesting choice if Watson were to leave. But as I like Watson, that probably means most will hate Beck. I am not expecting more out of Beck than Watson.

no offense to beck but WE NEED TO GET AN ESTABLISHED OC... no on the job f#*k ups requried... i think if we want to improve we need to go out there and get someone... someone in tune with the 'nebraska' way of course but some one who comes in with a clear philosophy and a clear plan..... nobody with the deer in the headlights look

no offense to beck but WE NEED TO GET AN ESTABLISHED OC... no on the job f#*k ups requried... i think if we want to improve we need to go out there and get someone... someone in tune with the 'nebraska' way of course but some one who comes in with a clear philosophy and a clear plan..... nobody with the deer in the headlights look

You can pick an established guy with his own system, or you can pick "the Nebraska way". You aren't going to get both, which is why it's most likely we will promote from within. Bo has a hand in the offense as he should, as a true Head Coach, and so we're going to run the offense he wants. Watson is a capable guy who is on the same page with Bo on this. I don't know how people can't look at the first half, vs after Missouri, this season, and not realize what losing the top 2 QBs in one week has done to the offense. Watson won't be around forever I am guessing, so we better hope Beck has some real potential. No reason to doubt that, which is encouraging. I like Beck.

Let's trade the OC of a 20-30s offense, for the OC of a #90s offense in LSU?..............or Barney because 2003 can't be worse than what we have now?..................

I hope this is just talk fueled by frustration.

I think Beck could be an interesting choice if Watson were to leave. But as I like Watson, that probably means most will hate Beck. I am not expecting more out of Beck than Watson.

I'm not disagreeing with you at all, BUT you have to be a little careful. If LSU and NU switched schedules, Wats' O would be lower ranked and LSU's O would probably be ranked a fair amount higher. Again, not disagreeing with you at all, but comparing 20-30 and 90 is not a fair comparison.

OK, that's a fair point. I'm not suggesting Crowton is a bad OC at all, that's unfair to him. Every situation should be evaluated by more than just the numbers. In fairness to Crowton, I am going to take that back as I don't want to knock a guy I know nothing about.*

I disagree on the switch schedules though. Aside from Taylor's couple of cold spells, we rolled teams left and right this year until he was hurt. Hard to say what would happen, but I think that's a bit speculative.

* - I do know for sure though, that regardless of situation, if Watson ever had an offense ranked like that, nearly everyone would be running him out the door. It's just interesting that here we are talking about a guy on the merits of his skills and not merely some context-less statistics.

You can pick an established guy with his own system, or you can pick "the Nebraska way". You aren't going to get both, which is why it's most likely we will promote from within. Bo has a hand in the offense as he should, as a true Head Coach, and so we're going to run the offense he wants. Watson is a capable guy who is on the same page with Bo on this. I don't know how people can't look at the first half, vs after Missouri, this season, and not realize what losing the top 2 QBs in one week has done to the offense. Watson won't be around forever I am guessing, so we better hope Beck has some real potential. No reason to doubt that, which is encouraging. I like Beck.

when i meant i meant 'nebraska way' i was refering to anyone who doesn't behave like BC and honors and respects our traditions.... i think that would be easy to find.... i just feel more comfortable to take another gamble on someone being the OC who hasn't had much expirence... i think it would send us back a ways... being so close honestly each team only has a small window to 'arrive' so to speak... with each season it can get smaller and smaller... once you get to that moment you become a OSU, alabama etc..... and be around for a while... just dont our window to pass us by... but if anyone i like beck better than the other dingalings on our stafff