If Watson is gone...

If Watson does leave (and he will have to leave because I don't think Bo will fire him), who becomes our next OC?

I have no clue, but am interested in some of the names you might come up with.

For the last time - Gary Crowton from LSU.

absolutely not! living in new orleans, all I hear about is lsu all year long and trust me, he is enemy #1 for lsu fans.....he gets the blame for a majority of the problems (even more then miles and his mismanagement of the clock) since their title in 2007

This is the trouble with this whole discussion. Will Watson leave? Will Watson be fired? Who would take Watson's place? Heck, while we are at it... Will T-Mart stay? What will the final recruiting class look like? Would a loss to Wash U affect the class we bring in? All these questions are out there. But none have anything resembling an answer and none of them will have anything resembling an answer until well after the bowl season. I know we lost the Big 12 Championship. We're mad. We're bored. We don't want the season to be over already. We still want to talk Husker football. But, face it, there is just nothing interesting to talk about. The Bowl game. Please. Boring. The Watson saga, tired and played out. The recruiting news...well, we are at a point where it's just a hang-on until February on that front. Here is the only rainbow that I can come up with. The spring game will be here soon and when it comes there will be a whole new set of story lines. That is for all the people that really care about spring ball. I could care less, so that means I have about nine months left until I can really get into Husker talk again. Just shoot me now.

head coaches get recycled to coordinators all the time- just a quick blurb.

anywho, my random candidate:

Al Borges-current SDSU OC. Former OC of 13-0 Barn team.

The 2004 team was led by quarterback Jason Campbell, running backs Carnell Williams and Ronnie Brown, and cornerback Carlos Rogers, all subsequently drafted in the first round of the 2005 NFL Draft. The team gained a new offensive coordinator, Al Borges, who led the team to use the west coast style offense which maximized the use of both star running backs.

Borges and his brother Keith, an assistant with him at California in 2001, collaborated on a book titled Coaching the West Coast Quarterback (ISBN 1585183415) as well as a series of instructional videos by the same name.[9] Borges also contributed a chapter on strategy using the I formation for the American Football Coaches Association-published book, Football Offenses & Plays (ISBN 0736062610) published in 2006