Let's give thanks.

Landlord

I'm not trying to condemn anyone for being upset or critical of our loss or anything of the sort, but with a month to wait for our bowl game, I thought this would be a good time to take in a little perspective and think about what exactly we are thankful for in regards to Nebraska football.

I am thankful for being raised into Nebraska football. It's not like I have any kind or right to the team or the university, I'm just an unconnected human being, but I feel very blessed to have been brought up as "part" of the program.

On a similar note, I'm thankful for what Nebraska represents. I'm not only glad to be a fan because of our tradition of winning, championships and awesomeness, but because of how we have achieved all of those things. This school stands for the right things: Respect, hard work, dedication, class, honesty, family, kindness, etc. That is why Nebraska football is so special. I have lived a sheltered life so I couldn't say, but I think it'd be hard to find that anywhere else in the country, maybe the world. When I was 15 I gave my life to Jesus, and before that was heading down the wrong road quick, and in my reborn life as a Christian I've gone through a lot as far as learning how to be a decent human being. Husker football has influenced this, without a doubt, for the better.

I'm thankful for the seniors, and the rest of the players on the roster. Every last one of them. Some of them were highly recruited, some of them were walk-ons, some were somewhere in between, but they all bought into Bo Pelini's culture (and thus, the Nebraska culture) and they became part of a family. We know that they gave it their all, every single day, because our head coach, our fans, our administration and even our players will accept nothing less. I am so very thankful that they chose to represent this university and state through their dedication to their craft, when they never owed us a damn thing.

I am thankful for Bo Pelini and Tom Osborne (and the rest of the administration/coaching staff). I definitely take for granted what we have here, especially the good hands that this program is in. Think of four years ago, when we were in turmoil with a losing season and a disinterested coach. Things could have gotten a lot worse before they got better, but we have the right men leading us. Tom Osborne is not the saint that most of us make him out to be, but he is a human being that attempts to conduct his life and therefore his position as athletic director in a Godly and proper manner, and that is to be applauded. I couldn't say anything about Bo's faith or possible lack thereof, but I am thankful for what he believes in as far as this football program, and as far as being a decent human being.

I'm thankful that I got to see every single Husker game on a television this season, the last season, and the one before that. What a blessing.

more to come as i think of them...what are you thankful for?

• Fire 3

I am thankful to be apart of something bigger than me. Bigger than all of us. Its not just the football team, its a brotherhood. Seeing 95% of the people in this state wearing red on gameday chokes me up. The tradition, the passion that people show this team is unbeleivable. When 86,000 people stand and clap in unision during the fight song is something to admire. And then the game itself, everyone in the stadium, players included. Everyone in the state. So many more throughtout the country/world all coming together for one cause. Its an awesome feeling!

• Fire 1

Fantastic post and message. Quite honestly - you may have saved my message board life. Frankly - this board and the Red Sea Scrolls have down right exhausted me this season....and it's really my first year lurking on them so often.

I for one couldn't agree more with all the thanks you gave. Great work.

Glad I could be of service.

I'm thankful for all of the above as well. It really feels like a brotherhood with other fans, doesn't it? Even when we think the sky is falling and the MLB satellites are watching us, I love every minute of it.

I'm thankful for the posters on this board making it a great place to stay. Knapplc, zoogies, Husker_X, Minnesota Husker (nice sig btw :P ), BRI, AR, and Cacti are just a few of the guys that I really enjoy listening to and conversing with, thanks for everything you bring to the board.

I'm also thankful for Lil Red :lol:

i'm grateful for many things of course with bein lucky enough to be a kid living in hawaii who gave two sh#ts about UH and instead always rooted for the huskers thanks to my dad who immigranted to this country from germany somehow ended up in lincoln and went to college there at Nebraska.... great times listening to the games on the radio... with pops screaming of course.... but great times always.........

Thanksgiving was 11 days ago

It's attitudes like this that make us NEED Thanksgiving. We shouldn't only be thankful for our blessings one day of the year, keep that perspective as often as you can! :)

I'm thankful for 14 games of football, and an extra month before it's over for my team.