Standhardinger

According to Brian Rosenthal's latest blog post on HuskerExtra, CS could be leaving at the end of the semester. I know he hasn't played in the last couple games and wasn't getting a ton of minutes, but without a doubt he was a big offensive spark for an often offensively-challenged team. Some people will say this is no big deal, but come conference play (especially in winable games like ISU, CU, OU, etc.) when this team hits a stretch of low production like it always does, they are going to miss him.

I appreciate what Doc is trying to do, and in this instance maybe there's more to it than we know, BUT I think Doc needs to get a little more relaxed with his policies - you don't see many basketball programs benching as many key players as Doc due to academics.

I guess it would make sense because he is one of our best offensive ploayers, if not the best and if he isnt playing why not go to a place where he can contribute. If this is true it will hurt us, especially in big 12 play where he thrived last year. Hopefully Doc can talk him into staying.

I've heard he's been having big time academic problems, one of my buddies has a class with him this semester and he said he missed half the classes for the semester, and when he did show up it was at least 15 minutes late for every class and it was a Tuesday/Thursday class where he only had to show up twice a week. The last 2 weeks he had to have a coach waiting for him outside the class just to make sure he went.

I've heard he's been having big time academic problems, one of my buddies has a class with him this semester and he said he missed half the classes for the semester, and when he did show up it was at least 15 minutes late for every class and it was a Tuesday/Thursday class where he only had to show up twice a week. The last 2 weeks he had to have a coach waiting for him outside the class just to make sure he went.

Yeah I am in the same Theatre class with him and he always shows up 10-15 minutes late if he shows up at all.

It sounds like Doc's hands are tied on this one. Standhardinger pretty much earned his way off the team. I don't care how good of a scorer he is, if he's not here to be a student, he's not going to last.

:yeah

I'll say this: Nebraska isn't exactly a pipeline to the NBA. School is the only shot that some of these kids have to make a decent living. I like the way Christian plays but this isn't club ball like he used to play. There are stipulations and they need to be followed. It's student-athlete, not the other way around.

From a player: Doc laid into CS pretty good in front of the team (or at least some of them) and told CS that if he was to make a decision right then and there, he would kick him off the team. But he wouldn't do that, he'd talk with coaches as well CS and see how the next couple weeks worked out.

This was a couple weeks ago, so I would guess Doc will be making an announcement next week. I know a lot of media sources are saying this week, but I'd say the earliest we find out is Saturday's postgame, if not later. No one has told me this, it's just what I've put together from the few people I've talked to.

I have heard he wishes to go back to Europe and get paid to play. It is no secret he has been struggling in school. I wish the kid the best. Doc needs to fix this team. 5 years is a long time in the coaching arena to show if you are good or not.

Doc needs to fix this team. 5 years is a long time in the coaching arena to show if you are good or not.

Have you watched a game the last two years? Anyone who watched last year and this year can see this team has made monstrous improvements. They haven't played much competition yet, but at 8-2 they haven't shown much that needs fixed right now. Top 4 in the Big 12 in most meaningful statistics.