Interesting Fact

Only twice since freshmen became eligible in 1972 has a team won a national championship with a freshman quarterback, redshirt or otherwise: Oklahoma in 1985, when Jamelle Holieway replaced an injured Troy Aikman in the third game, and Miami in 1983, when Bernie Kosar got drilled 28-3 in the opener before running the table.

Out of all the great Quarterbacks that have played since then, i never would have guessed these two.

Just saying that players , Especially QBs, need a year or two to devolop their full potential,and play at a championship level.

Who knows maybe Taylor Martinez will end up as good as Bernie Kosar! LOL

Only twice since freshmen became eligible in 1972 has a team won a national championship with a freshman quarterback, redshirt or otherwise: Oklahoma in 1985, when Jamelle Holieway replaced an injured Troy Aikman in the third game, and Miami in 1983, when Bernie Kosar got drilled 28-3 in the opener before running the table.

Out of all the great Quarterbacks that have played since then, i never would have guessed these two.

Just saying that players , Especially QBs, need a year or two to devolop their full potential,and play at a championship level.

Problem is, Watson developing QB's isn't one of his strongholds.

:yeah

Have you seen him have the same starter in consecutive seasons? I haven't, I just bring it up becuse to determain his skill in developing a qb he would really need to have the same starter for more than one year.

A few former Buffs and guys like Zac Taylor and Joe Ganz may disagree. He's simply never had an offense of this style before with a dual threat QB that is more runner than thrower... and possibly never had an offensive line coach or wide recievers coach this bad either.