2011 depth chart

krill

Our entire O-line, whoever it will be next year, absolutely must step up in every Big 10 game to give us a chance. We cannot continue to have poor execution and stupid penalties like we've seen this year. Hope the guys replacing graduating srs are more disciplined against those strong, tough D-lines in the Big 10.

Quarterback

(#3) Taylor Martinez, 6-1, 195, So., Corona, Calif. - 1 letter

(#17) Cody Green, 6-4, 225, Jr., Dayton, Texas - 2 letters

Brion Carnes will be on the 2 deep. Been hearing good things about him.... He'll very likely push TM for the starting spot during srping/fall camps. Whether that turns out to just be 'coach speak' or not, thats what they'll be saying.

He fits into the same offensive scheme as TM, so everything I've heard makes sense from that perspective... CG will be the third wheel if we stick with the spread-zone offense.

Anyone else hope we have 4-3 schemes next year as well as the peso (and that weird 3-4 thing with Meredith roving???)

We're going to need to stop the run more effectively in the Big 10, plain and simple.

I could see us using the 4-3 against more between the tackle teams like Wisconsin, MSU, Iowa, and Penn State. But with teams like Michigan, Ohio State, and Northwestern we could see the peso, with key being on stopping the mobile QB.

That 3-4 thing with meredith lining up a LB, I believe it was referred to as the spinner. IIRC, Meredith was lining up on weakside of the formation and then kinda spying on Gabbert. Thomsen got a few snaps in it and got a sack courtesy of a Gabbert intentional grounding.

Is Braylon Heard ever going to make it? Or are we done with him? Aaron Green WILL be ahead of Robinson though.

Also I would say Bubba Starling would be penciled in at QB IF he doesn't go to the MLB. I gave up hope on that happening though.

I believe Heard is talking the ACT today he needs an 18, if he gets it he is N if not its juco he goes.

Wide Receiver (Z)

(#11) Curenski Gilleylen, 6-0, 215, Sr., Leander, Texas - 3 letters

(#6) Tim Marlowe, 5-10, 175, Jr, Youngstown, Ohio - 2 letters

I really hope either somebody else steps up, or one of these trains like hell in the offseason. We're going to need a good compliment to Kinnie and as of right now, neither of these two look promising.

•  
  • Cassidy will play free safety.
  • Interested to see how much Carnes pushes TM for playing time.
  • How will we use Corey Cooper and especially Daimion Stafford? Does either of these guys have the pure cover skills to fill in for Hagg at the Peso? If not, who does? Surely Stafford will see the field, whether it's here or sharing time with Osborne.
  • What about Gomes' dimeback/safety spot?
  • Assuming we see the 4-3 more, who gets the nod at the third spot? Fisher or Whaley?
  • Who will step up at WR? Looks pretty bleak.
  • Will any true Freshmen get a look at OL or CB? Klachko could challenge for a spot at guard, and Mitchel or Jackson will probably burn a shirt since Bo loves DB depth and these guys are expected to be ready.

•  
  • Cassidy will play free safety.
  • Interested to see how much Carnes pushes TM for playing time.
  • How will we use Corey Cooper and especially Daimion Stafford? Does either of these guys have the pure cover skills to fill in for Hagg at the Peso? If not, who does? Surely Stafford will see the field, whether it's here or sharing time with Osborne.
  • What about Gomes' dimeback/safety spot?
  • Assuming we see the 4-3 more, who gets the nod at the third spot? Fisher or Whaley?
  • Who will step up at WR? Looks pretty bleak.
  • Will any true Freshmen get a look at OL or CB? Klachko could challenge for a spot at guard, and Mitchel or Jackson will probably burn a shirt since Bo loves DB depth and these guys are expected to be ready.

Fisher and Compton at the two LB spots, David at Peso.