2011 depth chart

krill

We aren't going to be able to cut it without a WR corps. Kinnie and Reed are the only proven guys.

We have some young talent on our team though. I know that they don't fall into the category of proven guys, but we have some kids that have a lot of talent. Stanley Jean-Baptise is going to be one heck of a ball player.

WR is arguably one of the thinnest positions for us at this point. Kinnie will get his catches as our #1 WR, but it's pretty thin behind him. I'd expect Enunwa to step up as a decent threat and possible #2. But, there's also guys like Jean-Baptiste, Kenny Bell and Gilly who could make a difference too. Lord knows we'll need it.

Just think if Joe Broekemeier was a senior to be. He would have been the second coming of Todd Peterson in 2011 the way he was playing at the end of this season. Hate losing guys like that. We could have really used him next year.

I want to see Carnes in the mix at QB. I also am foaming at the mouth at the idea of Rex Burkhead and Aaron Green together as our running backs.

Did Broekemeier see action all four years he was here? As a walk-on, I'd think he'd be eligible for a fifth (redshirt) year. He could start on a masters in something and be the next Peterson, as you say. He strikes me as the Rex Burkhead of wide receivers.

A buddy of mine from Aurora that knows the family told me during the CCG that Broekemeier supposedly applied for another year and was already denied of it...

Did Broekemeier see action all four years he was here? As a walk-on, I'd think he'd be eligible for a fifth (redshirt) year. He could start on a masters in something and be the next Peterson, as you say. He strikes me as the Rex Burkhead of wide receivers.

Posts like these make me keep reading this board. Haha

I think Kyler Reed will be a slot receiver most of the time next year. He is our biggest deep threat. They should use ben cotton at tight end mainly for blocking purposes. I think Reed and Kinnie will have big years next year catching the ball.

Im thinking Reed should move over to slot to replace McNeill. He could be deadly in that position if used right.

I think Kyler Reed will be a slot receiver most of the time next year. He is our biggest deep threat. They should use ben cotton at tight end mainly for blocking purposes. I think Reed and Kinnie will have big years next year catching the ball.

Im thinking Reed should move over to slot to replace McNeill. He could be deadly in that position if used right.

Our coaches have been brilliant at utilizing that position.

My only suggestion to the offense and defense...is that everyone needs to gain a few lbs...period! The Big 10 carries plenty of huge, and still quite fast players...The Huskers will need to bulk up a bit to deal with the running power of a Wisconsin offense....IMO...speed is awesome...but when you have big uglies with some decent speed...it can really put a damper on your quick defense...

QB - Bubba Starling

- Taylor Martinez

- Cody Green (RS?)

- Brion Carnes

- Jamal Turner (RS)

RB - Rex Burkhead

- Aaron Green

- Braylon Heard

- Tray Robinson

TE - Dreu Young (Injury RS this year?)

- Kyler Reed

- Ben Cotton

- Chase Harper (?)

WR - Brandon Kinnie

- Tim Marlowe

- Khiry Cooper

- Currenski Gilleylen

- Quincy Enuwa

- Taariq Allen

IMO We have a decent offense next year. Marlowe is the next Wes Welker in my opinion, and Kinnie is proven.

QB - Bubba Starling

- Taylor Martinez

- Cody Green (RS?)

- Brion Carnes

- Jamal Turner (RS)

RB - Rex Burkhead

- Aaron Green

- Braylon Heard

- Tray Robinson

TE - Dreu Young (Injury RS this year?)

- Kyler Reed

- Ben Cotton

- Chase Harper (?)

WR - Brandon Kinnie

- Tim Marlowe

- Khiry Cooper

- Currenski Gilleylen

- Quincy Enuwa

- Taariq Allen

IMO We have a decent offense next year. Marlowe is the next Wes Welker in my opinion, and Kinnie is proven.

I think Dreu Young is done with football, i know he has had some back problems which kept him out this year. Chase Harper never made it on campus, so count him out.

Still havent seen if Heard made the magic number yet. Even if he did, he would enroll in Jan. he is alittle behind i think in developing he may redshirt, especially if Green comes in and lights it up.

I think Kenny Bell has a better chance at being a Wes Welker than Marlowe does. Marlowe seems to have more straight line speed then he does evasiveness. Bell's been said of by the coaches that if he was playing he would've been the fastest WR in the Big XII. Also I'll point out his High School highlights.

Mark it down, Kenny Bell is going to be the biggest contributer on offense/special teams from the class that just redshirted next year. I think Enunwa is going to develop into a solid number 2, but Bell is going to provide the excitement.