Will Martinez be fully healed for the washington game and have his speed back?

Put Zac Lee in, the senior that did beat Oklahoma at home and Mizzou away last year. I know he is banged up but try the pass against a week Washington pass defense?

I would rather see Cody play. Not because I am a hater, but let Taylor fully heal and not risk injury again. It might be 6 weeks, but Taylor still has to practice so staying off his feet won't happen. Plus he is a freshman, so sitting out one bowl game will not hurt him.

Cody played great against CU, so let him flex on this game.

So who actually beat us unassisted? OU or UT? I could see an argument for either of these, but I think I'd have to vote for the Huskers beating themselves three times this year.

I think EZ could be referring to A&M, when they just beat us (despite us stinking, it's not the same as the meltdowns and snatching defeat from victory, as in UT or OU).

I heard that the staff optimistically even wanted Zac back against CU if he could gut it through but it's not practical at this point. Hard to imagine it changing soon enough to bring him back for the bowl game. Sad injury to knock Zac out like this. A full healthy Lee probably gets the nod from Missouri on...

• 2 weeks later...

I would rather see Cody play. Not because I am a hater, but let Taylor fully heal and not risk injury again. It might be 6 weeks, but Taylor still has to practice so staying off his feet won't happen. Plus he is a freshman, so sitting out one bowl game will not hurt him.

This is great and all but since this might be the quarterback formerly known as t-magic's last game for us I say we just as well use him.

This is great and all but since this might be the quarterback formerly known as t-magic's last game for us I say we just as well use him.

geez........here we go again, no doubt TM is leaving! :ahhhhhhhh:facepalm:

Hard to tell, my gut tells me no, he won't be at 100%. I don't think he will be until the spring in all honesty. He needs some time off of that ankle and it has to be more than 3 or 4 weeks. Several months is what he needs, but he's got to keep up on his strength and conditioning as well. It's a double edged sword.

If Taylor is even 80% they'll play him, and ride him the whole game if it's in doubt. He'd have to be dreadfully ineffective/hurting to sit. It's too bad that we won't see much of Zac - the guy has more than earned it, I'm thinking. I'd also like to see LaTravis Washington get a few snaps. Another great guy who's answered the call more than enough to earn some PT.

We gotta blow this Huskies team out something fierce from the very start, and let these guys get some time on the field.

Fully healed to get sacked and not throw the ball out of bounce. Maybe even poop his pants cuz he gets so nervous in the pocket.. You guys are all obsessed with a kid who had a few good games running, not passing. Make an argument about the OSU game, the receivers either had to come back to the ball or make a good catch. What a joke!

Fully healed to get sacked and not throw the ball out of bounce. Maybe even poop his pants cuz he gets so nervous in the pocket.. You guys are all obsessed with a kid who had a few good games running, not passing. Make an argument about the OSU game, the receivers either had to come back to the ball or make a good catch. What a joke!

i think Wats has screwed the kid up by not letting him roll out and asking him to stand in the pocket, puts undue pressure on him....let the kid roll out, he is a natural runner and has the speed to keep away from the rush.

Broken record here....<_<

Throwing on the run isn't in Taylor's arsenal yet. He was just making some progress throwing from the pocket, but it was derailed by the injury. He is fast, but oddly enough can't make use of that throwing on the run. We saw him do it once in the CCG and he threw a duck clear across his body. This is what I mean when I keep saying that Taylor is really raw and that's a fact not appreciated by many. Got to have patience with the kid.

I am more worried about Martinez's psyche than his feet/ankles. Obviously it hasn't been the easiest season for him off the field. And in his last game on the field, he looked like a deer in headlights and was thrown around like a rag doll. The kid has clearly regressed in some respects. The recipe for stopping Martinez is obvious: Bring as much pressure as possible and wait for him to panic.

Unless and until Martinez can roll out of the pocket, throw screens, check down to a RB (we should bring in Sam Keller to teach this to Martinez), throw the ball away, or take a sack, we might be better off with a QB who has a little more poise in the pocket.

I am more worried about Martinez's psyche than his feet/ankles. Obviously it hasn't been the easiest season for him off the field. And in his last game on the field, he looked like a deer in headlights and was thrown around like a rag doll. The kid has clearly regressed in some respects. The recipe for stopping Martinez is obvious: Bring as much pressure as possible and wait for him to panic.

Unless and until Martinez can roll out of the pocket, throw screens, check down to a RB (we should bring in Sam Keller to teach this to Martinez), throw the ball away, or take a sack, we might be better off with a QB who has a little more poise in the pocket.

Isn't a screen pass a relatively easy thing to accomplish? It requires touch on the ball, but can the kid really be incapable of throwing a soft pass? Bizarre if true.

Broken record here....<_<

Throwing on the run isn't in Taylor's arsenal yet. He was just making some progress throwing from the pocket, but it was derailed by the injury. He is fast, but oddly enough can't make use of that throwing on the run. We saw him do it once in the CCG and he threw a duck clear across his body. This is what I mean when I keep saying that Taylor is really raw and that's a fact not appreciated by many. Got to have patience with the kid.

Definitely a broken record. Martinez can't pass on the run, and it will definitely take time and lots of practice for him to get that down. Some people got it, others don't. Unfortunately he's in that "others" category at the moment when it comes to passing efficiently on the run.

We don't do that here at Nebraska no matter the athletes in our backfield. We didn't even see it this season until the CU game. It's ridiculous and pisses me off! It's such an easy play and with Helu and Burkhead they would blaze down the field without a problem. We need to come out with a different look on offense. Washington will be ready for the zone-read all day!