Hawkeye Drug Suspensions Coming?

CENTEXHUSKER

Sounds like Vegas just pulled the game in light of current rumors of 20+ players suspended from bowl game. We can only assume that it is for "violation of team rules", right? WOW! U of I is to issue a press release any moment either substantiating or denying these rumors. Anybody hearing anything concrete? Anybody care?

Sounds like Vegas just pulled the game in light of current rumors of 20+ players suspended from bowl game. We can only assume that it is for "violation of team rules", right? WOW! U of I is to issue a press release any moment either substantiating or denying these rumors. Anybody hearing anything concrete? Anybody care?

20 + players? Did they have a big house party or something??? Holy cow.

Received an email just a bit ago from a good friend that is a huge Hawkeye fan (why he would send this to a Nebraska fan is beyond me). The email stated that Hampton has been kicked off team for drug related incidents, and that a number of other starters have also failed drug tests (he mentioned names, but I don't want to make any assumptions just yet). He also told me that Brandon Wegher (Sioux City Heelan) has been granted a release from his scholarship, and that he is looking to transfer to NU. Although this kid is a real head case, he is a pretty nice player, and might be a decent addition if Heard never makes it to campus. We'll see what comes of it.

Received an email just a bit ago from a good friend that is a huge Hawkeye fan (why he would send this to a Nebraska fan is beyond me). The email stated that Hampton has been kicked off team for drug related incidents, and that a number of other starters have also failed drug tests (he mentioned names, but I don't want to make any assumptions just yet). He also told me that Brandon Wegher (Sioux City Heelan) has been granted a release from his scholarship, and that he is looking to transfer to NU. Although this kid is a real head case, he is a pretty nice player, and might be a decent addition if Heard never makes it to campus. We'll see what comes of it.

Wegher has been off the team for a while, hasn't he? And there is absolutely no way he comes here.

When Wegher was released from his schollie, he was prohibited from transferring within the Big Ten, including Nebraska, according to one of the DSM papers.

Wegher has been off the team for a while, hasn't he? And there is absolutely no way he comes here.

That's what I thought too, but I also don't follow Iowa football, so who knows. The way I understand it, is that Wegher was off the team, but was still holding a scholarship, and was just recently officially released from his scholarship. Maybe he was just taking the season off for "personal" reasons, but had the option to return next year? I don't really have a good answer for you.

When Wegher was released from his schollie, he was prohibited from transferring within the Big Ten, including Nebraska, according to one of the DSM papers.

Here it is:

http://www.dailyiowan.com/2010/12/13/Sports/20506.html