ISU Vs. PITT....Are we really this good

Armistead

Guy......I see the ISU game as being a replay of the Pitt game with a few natable exceptions.

1st......ISU is not the defending Big East Champs

2nd.....ISU is coached by Dan McCarney...a loser and known drunk....Not Wanstedt

3rd......ISU does not have a QB as good as Palko

4th......The Clones don't have the Blackshirts

I have been wrong in the past and will be in the future, but I look at this game as the coming out party for the Husker offense....Huskers Roll

NU 19

ISU 9

BOO SHACKA LA

:lol:

1st......ISU is not the defending Big East Champs (neither is NU). ISU is the defending north co-champ

2nd.....ISU is coached by Dan McCarney...a loser and known drunk....Not Wanstedt (matter of opinion, you are entitled to yours)

3rd......ISU does not have a QB as good as Palko (neither does NU). Meyer is better (runs AND throws)

4th......The Clones don't have the Blackshirts. (don't need 'em) ISU can score points.

5th..... The clones beat NU last year, and are coming off a WINNING season.

:box

It'll be an interesting game. If the clones don't SELF-DESTRUCT, they win. Luckily for NU, the clones always GIVE the game away in Lincoln. NU won't earn it, it'll be given to them.

NU 13

ISU 10

Luckily for NU, the clones always GIVE the game away in Lincoln. NU won't earn it, it'll be given to them.

Yep, the clones always give it away in Lincoln, like in 2003 they GAVE NU the 28-0 win. Oh, like in 2001, the gave NU the 48-14 win, and in

1999: NU 49 - ISU 14

1997: NU 77 - ISU 14

1995: NU 73 - ISU 14

1993: NU 49 - ISU 7

1991: NU 38 - ISU 13

(all games in Lincoln)

I could keep going but I think you get the point. The clones give nothing away. You can't get spanked so badley and call it giving it away. You clones have one good (well good for ISU) season and you start having delusions of grandeur. The series history is NU 81...ISU 16...and 2 ties, so once your win about 65 or so more games, than you could use the phrase "give it away in Lincoln" with sounding nutz.

You may say " that was then , this is now" , but you used the word "always", and you would be very wrong.

IN MY OPINION.

I consider "giving" a game away: coughing up turnovers (fumbles,interceptions), dropping passes, penalties (especially bonehead ones) and uncharacteristically poor play. It's the same definition that you apply when NU loses. Look around these boards, you'll see that NU never gets beaten, they GIVE it away.

Yeah, I know, ISU always plays bad! But when they play at LINCOLN they play worse!

Again, like you folks, I can only opine. The games haven't been played yet. :)

BTW, history is wonderful. But it doesn't win games. Ask PITT, 15-6-3 against NU. You have a long way to go to even that series. ISU is 2 for 3 in the last three years vs NU. You need this one to even it out. Sadly, college athletics is about "what have you done for me lately".

I think we will know a little more about the defense after this game. If they hold ISU like they have the others then I will start to believe in them. I still think we are very close to a major butt whipping by any team that truly has an offense. Iowa State beat a pretty good Iowa team that some were predicting to win the Big I-can-not-count conference.

I am truly afraid the wheels come off next weekend. We are fortunate to have the two weeks to prepare. I imagine ISU will be favored at our house. This is a make or break game. Unfortunately I think the defense will show what it really is and I do not think many are going to like looking at it.

I think this is the lowest I have ever been as a Husker fan. I am afraid the writing is on the wall for a major fall this year. I have my doubts if we will make a bowl game this year again. I know 3-0 is great to a lot of you. I just do not put much faith in it.

Sorry for the doom and gloom.

Thanks Pill,

I have family suffering from Katrina, family running from Rita and a cousin dieing with heart failure. Has not been a good month to say the least. Normally I can count on my Huskers to turn things around, that just has not been the case this year.

Are you in any danger with Rita, I know you mentioned Beaumont once or twice. I hear that it is headed directly there. I have a cousin that lives near Beaumont and have not heard from him. I lost two cousins in Katrina. I know he is on the road for sure.

I was not terribly impressed with Iowa State last nite. But man Army played fantastic. I very seldom watch any of the Military schools, but really enjoyed the game last nite. I found myself rooting for Army and I normally cheer for any Big 12 team. Ross is quite a coach, I would never have thought Army could be competitive with ISU.

Good game.

Even though i had a hunch a upset was possible last night and at times found myself rooting for Army, i am glad ISU won because i want them to come in cocky and leave with a L. It should be a good boost to our teams confidence if they pull out the W. Our offensive line (gulp..hopefully ...??) will dominate ISU's defensive line. If Zac gets enough protection and we attack ISU's weakside, we should be in REALLY GOOD SHAPE.