Who will the new RB coach be IF Beck is our next OC?

corncraze

Tim Beck would still coach RB. Bo would prob bring in just a QB coach.

Just because your an OC doesnt automatically make you the QB coach. So take that into consideration and Watson is still here.

Beck taking over QB coaching duties for the bowl game is a sign in that direction, though. Interesting, huh?

Pardon me if I'm wrong but I have yet to see anything saying Beck is our Quarterbacks coach now. In fact the latest pic of Watson in San Diego shows he is still very much working with the quarterbacks.

4d1a2de7bc1fa.preview-300.jpg

Ok so a lot of hypotheticals here, but say Watson does get the job at Miami of Ohio and Beck is promoted to be our next OC, what happens with some of the other offensive coaching positions? Does beck make himself QB coach along with OC? Or could Ganz get the job as QB coach (although I know he only has like 2 years under his belt for SOME coaching experience, he was a QB for us). Even further who would take the job as RBs coach?

Once again a lot of hypotheticals, but anyone wanna partake?

:snacks:

I don't know suh fan, just stuff that has been thrown around.

Ganz probably has no place here in this offense. Completely illogical for anyone to say Watson's style is incompatible, and for Watson to go and us to move on even more with this new offense, and then call for Ganz to stay and coach QBs.

I don't know suh fan, just stuff that has been thrown around.

I see. More rumours. Seems like the year for that I guess.

I hope Joe Ganz stays on our staff. The son of a coach, a pretty successful qb for us in his own right. I think his football IQ seems to be good enough to warrant keeping but who knows what's going to happen. With everyone.

I'd also like to see Bo continue to assemble 'his staff'. I don't know if that would include Beck as our offensive coordinator or not but however he would want to complete his staff I'd be happy with that.

• Fire 1

I mean, that is just because people like Ganz. He has no place in this offense's direction any more than Watson does, and Watson leaving and taking his passing game with him cements that even more. Sorry for a great QB for us like Ganz and Taylor, but apparently that is not what we are looking for anymore out of a QB.

I mean, that is just because people like Ganz. He has no place in this offense's direction any more than Watson does, and Watson leaving and taking his passing game with him cements that even more. Sorry for a great QB for us like Ganz and Taylor, but apparently that is not what we are looking for anymore out of a QB.

With respect, I think that QB fundamentals are QB fundamentals are QB fundamentals. Whether you run a Pistol, Spread Option, West Coast, Air Raid, Pro Style, or One-Back, the QB needs to learn how to set his feet when he throws, work through progressions, check down to his back when nothing is open, throw the ball away instead of forcing passes that aren't there, etc. I'm not sure that Ganz's experience as a QB in a West Coast Offense would preclude him from conveying important fundamentals to our QBs, regardless of the offense we eventually settle on.

• Fire 1

Does anyone know the status on Tom Rathman. After Singeltary's firing he might be available. Here's a guy that could coach RB and if Pellini chose to go to the run game/pass game coordinator split (like Beck experience under Mangino did at KU) TR would be more than capable. Further, I'm pretty sure Bo and Tom would be familiars with their niners connections.

Does anyone know the status on Tom Rathman. After Singeltary's firing he might be available. Here's a guy that could coach RB and if Pellini chose to go to the run game/pass game coordinator split (like Beck experience under Mangino did at KU) TR would be more than capable. Further, I'm pretty sure Bo and Tom would be familiars with their niners connections.

I like the idea of Rathman

I like the idea of Rathman

So do I but foo we really think he would leave the nfl to be a RB coach here? Isn't that a big pay cut? Also even if he gets let go from the niners, some other nfl team will pick him up. He has been with 2 other nfl teams ya know.

Rathman-N-Craig along with Frost-N-Ganz and throw TO in the mix.

Shields-N-Wiegert

Swift-N-Purify

Peter-N-Wistrom

Farley-N-Ruud

Brown-N-Brown

Stigge-N-Henery

That staff would be the sweetest. You don’t even know! :moreinteresting:nanalama:dunno;)

B1G individual award names again? Didn't we just go over that?!