What's the latest with Taylor?

Honestly, It really annoys me a lot that people really like to take personal stabs on ANYONE on the team. They are football players, not your friends. So let's talk about Football, this is huskerboard, no people magazine. Taylor is a talented football player, and leave it at that. Yes, he has growing to do. But if you "heard" something, go ask him yourself.

T-Magic going to WR would be a stretch... I heard that the guy is a real A-hole and no one on the team likes him.

Sixth grade lunch table with the ladies.

Excellent point!!! I agree that we need to let the guys play football! I know that the "celebrity status" in Nebraska makes it hard for this to happen, but seriously let's support our team and players!

Honestly, It really annoys me a lot that people really like to take personal stabs on ANYONE on the team. They are football players, not your friends. So let's talk about Football, this is huskerboard, no people magazine. Taylor is a talented football player, and leave it at that. Yes, he has growing to do. But if you "heard" something, go ask him yourself.

While I dont agree with negative perspective some have of Taylor and his attitude, you're kidding yourself if you think you're going to come to a football board and see nothing but X's and O's, and nothing about off the field or players personal behavior. Its all one in the same. Theyre not football playing robots, theyre students and people, and how they handle both of those things directly effects their performance and even opportunity to get onto the playing field. So the criticism is going to come from all angles of their life, that is the 'price,' if you will, of playing at a top tier program. See: Cameron Newton...Terrelle Pryor...etc etc.

No matter who you are, someone thinks youre an a-hole. I know it may amaze you, but there are even people out there that have a negative opinion of me. Shocking, I know.

You also must take a lot of it with a grain of salt...a lot of posters here like to fan the flames if you will, make light of the current 'scoop,' whatever.

I guess what Im saying is, hope you enjoy being annoyed.

• Fire 1

While I dont agree with negative perspective some have of Taylor and his attitude, you're kidding yourself if you think you're going to come to a football board and see nothing but X's and O's, and nothing about off the field or players personal behavior. Its all one in the same. Theyre not football playing robots, theyre students and people, and how they handle both of those things directly effects their performance and even opportunity to get onto the playing field. So the criticism is going to come from all angles of their life, that is the 'price,' if you will, of playing at a top tier program. See: Cameron Newton...Terrelle Pryor...etc etc.

No matter who you are, someone thinks youre an a-hole. I know it may amaze you, but there are even people out there that have a negative opinion of me. Shocking, I know.

You also must take a lot of it with a grain of salt...a lot of posters here like to fan the flames if you will, make light of the current 'scoop,' whatever.

It's a little harder when you know a lot of things are rumors, and know the truth. and people assume stuff from hearing things. Personal stabs not okay. If you don't know them, you don't KNOW them.

T-Magic going to WR would be a stretch... I heard that the guy is a real A-hole and no one on the team likes him.

Sixth grade lunch table with the ladies.

Excellent point!!! I agree that we need to let the guys play football! I know that the "celebrity status" in Nebraska makes it hard for this to happen, but seriously let's support our team and players!

Yeah, it's hard for those kids to be celebrity status, when they are just kids.

There was a reason the "Rumor Mill" board was shut down here, so why do we keep it going.

It's a little harder when you know a lot of things are rumors, and know the truth. and people assume stuff from hearing things. Personal stabs not okay. If you don't know them, you don't KNOW them.

Ok then. If the standard is that we don't actually 'KNOW" them therfore we shouldn't talk about them, then I don't want to hear anything about how "great" the players are when they go to hospitals, are nice to people when they are out on the town, etc. We don't actually "know" the guys so for all we know, they could be huge jerks. This kind of personal reputation stuff goes both ways and it's not fair for one side of a player's rep to be off-limits. Sad, but true that when these guys go into the public spotlight, they agree to an unwritten contract, willingly or not, that their lives will be disected and scrutinized. As cliche as it is, don't hate the player (people with rumors) hate the game (the spectacle that college football media has become).