T-Magic

macroboy

Honestly, this off-season will make or break it. Yes, he is young, and he needs development. Over the offseason, he will either make relationships with the team or not. We learned a lot this year about the program, as did the team.

I honestly can say, he's either going to be a HUGE break through, or it's not going to work. No middle ground. Hopefully the first of the two.

A lot of people amaze me on this board...for God's sake...he's already a solid QB WHO'S YOUNG!!! REALIZE THAT! AND HE MAKES FRESHMAN MISTAKES!!! For crying out LOUD! The kid got picked to be the starting QB for the Rivals Freshman All American Team. This kid has potential to be GREAT! Some people on this board make me laugh..they've prob. never played a down of football in their life either...he almost rushed for 1000 yards and passed for a 1000 yards in a single season as FRESHMAN! WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT!????? HE'S BROKEN NUMEROUS NEB RECORDS AT QB!! AND NOW YOUR QUESTIONING IF HE SHOULD EVEN START AT ALL!?? WOW....I just need to join these posts just to laugh and shake my head...there are some posters on this topic that definitely have some weight to their statements, and to the others...I am just baffled by your statements...lol wow...opinions are like a$$hole$...everyone's got one... :bonesflag:

A lot of people amaze me on this board...for God's sake...he's already a solid QB WHO'S YOUNG!!! REALIZE THAT! AND HE MAKES FRESHMAN MISTAKES!!! For crying out LOUD! The kid got picked to be the starting QB for the Rivals Freshman All American Team. This kid has potential to be GREAT! Some people on this board make me laugh..they've prob. never played a down of football in their life either...he almost rushed for 1000 yards and passed for a 1000 yards in a single season as FRESHMAN! WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT!????? HE'S BROKEN NUMEROUS NEB RECORDS AT QB!! AND NOW YOUR QUESTIONING IF HE SHOULD EVEN START AT ALL!?? WOW....I just need to join these posts just to laugh and shake my head...there are some posters on this topic that definitely have some weight to their statements, and to the others...I am just baffled by your statements...lol wow...opinions are like a$$hole$...everyone's got one... :bonesflag:

I guess I don't see how you can say he's a solid QB. He sprinted past bad competition early(many times on bad reads) and got exposed later in the year once we started playing decent teams. He looks completely clueless out there. He's not shifty at all(even before the injury). Here's to hoping one of the younger guys steps up next year. I don't think Carnes could be any worse at making reads in our current offense. Every time Martinez runs with the ball I'm waiting to see the ball bouncing around on the turf.

I'm on the fence with Martinez. He's an asset to the team, but whether he's the "real deal" is questionable for me. I don't think making up your mind about a player as young as him is wise, though, so I'd like to see what he does next season. Through next season (or even camp), if he's not showing the expected improvements (especially with decision making), then it'll be more obvious. But saying he definitely can't cut it is a bit hasty for me.

Green was terrible at the beginning of the season. He actually looked the part of a QB last night. He didn't throw perfect balls, but, damn, he is way, way better than he was at the start of the season, Martinez is less impressive than he was. Right now, I think it's a wash. To try to determine which is better is an exercise in futility at this point, they're probably equal in over-all effectiveness.

I really didn't see anything other than the dumb underhand tosses to get rid of the ball that was that bad last night. He's a better passer than Green. The OL might as well have laid down each time the ball was snapped. Maybe they could have at least tripped one of the three defenders rushing. His ball security has been poor this year, but then again just about everyone that touched the ball for Nebraska this year had ball security problems. Give him even an adequate OL, and we should be fine next year.

I agree, he played like a freshman who was not well coached, but there's a lot to like. The line was atrocious. IF we can get better coaching we can get monster play from the qb corps over the next few years.

I thought maybe TMart had turned the corner when he threw for 900 yards in one game. Obviously, that wasn't the case.

I'll give TMart a pass on a few things because of persistent injuries, but I won't give him a pass on his decision making. When his back is up against the wall, he consistently makes poor decisions and quickly becomes a liability. It's great when he can rip off an 80 yard TD run, but any game where he isn't getting huge plays like that, he's completely ineffective.

I would liek for him to be our guy, I think he's a tremendous athlete and can offer a lot, but when you're a QB you need to show leadership, poise, and make better decisions. If he can't step up in that department, then he needs to play a different position.

Well, let's be realistic... It's not like TM had a huge number of plays where he could sit back and throw the ball last night. The O-line did about as much as a quintet of wet noodles when it came to pass blocking. And unfortunately, as we've all seen, TM gets flustered under pressure when he's back there.

Edit - And that's fine if you can establish a running game and don't have to rely on consistently good pass blocking. But oh wait, they can't do that either...

I guess I don't see how you can say he's a solid QB. He sprinted past bad competition early(many times on bad reads) and got exposed later in the year once we started playing decent teams. He looks completely clueless out there. He's not shifty at all(even before the injury). Here's to hoping one of the younger guys steps up next year. I don't think Carnes could be any worse at making reads in our current offense. Every time Martinez runs with the ball I'm waiting to see the ball bouncing around on the turf.

Give him time...try going from being a Senior in highschool to playing in a college gameday setting when you have linebackers and secondaries that are all hella faster than most of the competition you have played. He is done fairly well so far IMO...

I honestly don't think it matters, who is the QB. We need a QB coach, I believe we have plenty of talent and NO coaching. It really is that easy, I don't see any of them being developed, in fact they are going backwards and will with this guy.

I do concur...we have great defensive coaches...craptacular offensive coaches...esp. Watson and Barney..

Was Taylor even suppose to be starting QB this year? Zac should of started but he was injured

Zac was fine in fall camp, all 3 QB's graded out "closely" in Watson's book, but Green was the player he was likely to go with. Taylor made Bo's defense look bad in fall camp with his legs (mobile quarterbacks have always given Bo fits) and Bo decided to go with Taylor.

Zac did not get injured until the Missouri game.