Taylor Martinez

Yes that's basically what I was wondering what others thought about. That and do others think that Pelini is feeding into this by "protecting" him or sticking with him when it's obvious he wasn't what was best for the team when in reality if that was one of his guys on defense they would have been faster than they could have blinked.

The issue I have with Martinez is the tremendous difference in his play when you took away one of his tools; his ankle/speed. It was as if he could do NOTHING else. Whether this is a lack of character/maturity/talent in Martinez, the coaching staff, or even simple circumstance, it is not supposed to happen to the quarterback. There is a reason the Heisman is littered with quarterbacks, the highest-paid men in the NFL are QB's, and all the adoration and attention is on them ... they need to be special. A collegiate football player sacrifices everything to get where they are; the QB needs to sacrifice even more than everything. And it just doesn't LOOK like this is the case with Martinez.

My experience? I was a crappy hockey player who probably should have learned how to speed skate because I could absolutely fly. I was very good locally, though, because of this one specific skill. When I tried to play in college, my speed was old hat to these guys who had all the tools. Instead of working hard, I whimpered right off that school's team, enrolled in another one, and got cut there, too. I have not laced up a (ice) skate since. I hope this kid is better than I was.

The issue I have with Martinez is the tremendous difference in his play when you took away one of his tools; his ankle/speed. It was as if he could do NOTHING else.

Is this actually a shock to people?

This is going to be a long off season.

look on the bright side atleast we have something to talk about for the next what... 8 months??

:LOLtartar :LOLtartar :LOLtartar

No he is not ....... the coaches are the problem with the way they used TM and the tools around him. As long as he is the guy on the field I support him a will complain about the way he is used. If a head coach keeps a cancers player on the field the coach is the problem. I think Martinez may well have been be the best of 3 QB's we had due to poor player development on the O side of the ball. I still am trying to figure out how to correlate pre and post injury Martinez.

We've all seen flashes of brilliance in Taylor and because of that I'm not ready to give up on him. Experience, maturity and a better OC could make him a Husker legend!

True that.

Its hard to pass and run the ball when your Oline is god awful. Tom Brady couldn't have played a better game with our Oline protection.

I'm not giving up on him at all but I do fear that players are seeing how Bo treated him and guarded him and are beginning to get upset and is ruining team morale. I have also heard from a number of people that nobody on the team likes him so if he's not performing on the field and they didn't like him in the first place he could possibly lose credibility and respect altogether.

• Fire 1

Tmart is an amazing qb who will tear the Big10 apart with a competent OC & qb coach that we'll have next year. Thank God Bo is 10,000 times sharper than the endless butter knives on this thread.

Then all the little whiny bitches on here taking cheap shots at our freshman qb will crawl back to their mother's basement and continue their miserable lives doing something (worthless no doubt)else.

An amazing qb? Amazing runner yes, but an amazing qb he is not. Anyone who can't do something as simple as step up in the pocket or feel the pressure in a simple 3 or 4 man rush is not an amazing qb. Someone who can't set his protection or make more than 1 read is not an amazing qb. I am hoping that he drastically improves on this in the off-season bc with his running ability that would make him pretty potent.

But as I've posted several times I just hope that team unity and morale doesn't crumble under his leadership.