Prospects likely headed to NU

Here is a list of prospects i feel Nebraska has a legit shot at landing at the moment. Things change, so keep in mind this is not set in stone and some guys might eventually have a change of heart. These predictions are based on where NU stands with these guys at the moment

RB: Antwan Cobb

TE: Jordan McMichael

WR: David Ausberry, Anthony Jones, Kendall Williams

OL: J.B. Walton, Bruce Campbell, Curtis Bailey, Butch Lewis

DL: Charles Deas, Adrian Taylor

DE: Adrian Clayborn (if he returns with his mother)

LB: Allen Bradford

DB: A.J. Wallace, Jonas Mouton, Devin Ross (if he returns with his mother), Perrish Cox, Terrance Anderson, Andre Jones (Juco)

Ath: Allen Walker, Major Culbert, Ricky Thenarse

These are all guys ranked in the top 250 of Rivals list and are all 4 and 5 star prospects. I feel more storngly about certain guys while other guys i mentioned have NU high on their list, but with additional visits, that high could wear off eventually. We will revisit this list at the end of Ocotober and see what progress has been made.

The majority of the coaching staff spent Friday visiting prospects and going to high school football games to get a better look at some of those prospects.

Some prospects for NU this year have been doing some extensive recruiting for the coaching staff. Josh Freeman has kept in touch with David Ausberry and Quintin Hancock. Seth Jensen and Butch Lewis have grown very close and struck up a close relationship.

Seth Jensen and Josh Freeman will be attending several NU home games this year in an effort to do more recruiting for NU. Seth has been to 2 home games this year (missed Wake Forest due to high school game) and will be here for the rest of the home game, while Josh Freeman plans on making the rest of the home games.

Keith Williams and Adrian Clayborn are close friends. If we land Clayborn, look for Keith to tag along (Nebraska has offered him a scholarship as an offensive tackle).

Reasonable list with a few exceptions, IMO...

1.) Ausberry will never wear scarlet and cream. Either he sticks close to home in SoCal or he comes back to his home roots at Ohio State.

2.) Perish Cox I just believe will be chanting 'Boomer Sooner'.

3.) Allen Walker hasn't be showing us the love. In the end, he's Gator bait.

They're a couple others I'm not to confident about (i.e., Walton and Bailey) but I really don't know much about their favorites nor have I heard much news on them.

Though not in the Rivals 250 - you have left some prospects off that will impact this recruiting class

Jeff Adams - OL

Mike Smith Jerry Brown (would have to decommit) - DL

Ron Paulo Steve Allen - LB

Terrell Reese Terrell Turner- WR

Greg Davis - DB

also a question for Nameless or ETR or anyone else that is in the 'know'

what have you been hearing from the kids from Olive Branch?

:cheers

1.) Ausberry will never wear scarlet and cream. Either he sticks close to home in SoCal or he comes back to his home roots at Ohio State.

They're a couple others I'm not to confident about (i.e., Walton and Bailey) but I really don't know much about their favorites nor have I heard much news on them.

As much as I 'd loveto se these guys chanting "red love" they just don't seem convinced

You make some good points, but Ohio st might be a likely destination for Ausberry in addition to Nebraska rather then So Cal. The reason i put him as a likely candidate for NU over USC is merly for the fact that USC is loaded with WR talent at the moment. USC has grabbed the best talent the last 2 years in 5 star WR Patrick Turner, 5 star WR/TE Fred Turner, 4 star WR (and current starter) Derrick Jones, 4 star WR Lewis Whitney (current backup for Derrick ZJones). Those are the only guys i can think of off the top of my head (USC has other 4 star prospects i know i am missing), and they are either freshman or sophmores, so playing time will be extremly limited, if any.

Perrish Cox has a top 4 that includes Nebraska, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St, and LSU. From his current favorites, it might look like he is favoring staying in the Big12 to some people. Oklahoma might seem the favorite for Cox, but kids look at depth charts and OU's depth chart doesn't look appealing to anyone at the moment. 4 star 2004 recruit D.J Wolfe was a pure RB but was recruited as a DB (current starter). Behind him is 4 star 2004 prospect Marcus Walker (backup to Wolfe). The guy third string on that list is 3 star prospect Brian Jackson (guy is way underrated). Those 3 guys are sophmores at the moment. Going over to the other CB slot, you have 2 Sr. players in Juco Chijioke Onyenegecha and Eric Bassey. Still waiting in line for starting time behind them is 4 star prospects Brett Bowers and Lewis Baker. OU also just got a verbal from 4 star prospect Johanthan Nelson for it's 2006 class. It will come down to NU and LSU in my opionion with Oklahoma St on the outside looking in. One thing that makes me confident is he had a great trip to NU and is slated to visit OU this weekend against KSU, and if OU loses that game, it will work to our advantage

and who is Adrian Taylor? cant find anything on him

:cheers

Adrian Taylor is a 3 star DT prospect from Texas. A 6-5, 285 pound guy rated as one of the top 100 prospects in Texas (No. 75). He wants to play DE in but some schools are recruiting him as a DT. His likely destination is Arizona in my opinion, unless he decides to play DT for NU considering we have some good depth at DE

• 2 weeks later...

Time to revisit this list and see where the guys mentioned stand with Nebraska 2 weeks later.

RB: Antwan Cobb is the main target for NU and they have continued to put in extra time to get his services. His situation is rather interesting. As i had discussed on another thread regarding the KSU offer and his brother, this one could play out for a couple of more weeks, if not longer. Nebraska seems to have backed off 4 star prospect Tracy Slocum, as they feel he is looking elsewhere at the moment. The third option on the list is Stafon Johnson, but pulling him from the West coast is going to be difficult. There is a slight chance Nebraska does not end up with a running back prospect this year, which really won't effect the depth chart much, specially when you have Brandon Jackson (Soph.), Marlon Lucky and Cody Glenn (Fr.) on the roster. Next year is shaping up to be a killer season for running back recruits such as the infamous Noel Devine, Caleb King, Robert Hughes, Darren Evans, and Joseph Reese who should all be 4 and 5 star prospects.

TE: Nebraska has already signed Mike McNeil, but still needs 1 more deep threat TE who can literally spread the field. The coaching staff won't admit it, but it's obvious J.B Phillips and Sievers lack these qualities on an consistent basis. Enter Minneapolist tight end Jordan McMichael. This is literally down to 2 teams (Nebraska and Boston College). His mom wants him to stay close, his dad has family in the BC area. He is currently struggling with his decision and says both teams are dead even at the moment. He should be making a commitment in a few days. He could be simply waiting for the excitement from the visit to wear off before he makes a level headed decision that will effect his life for the next 4 years. Right now, it's 50/50. Konrad Reuland is a long shot at the moment, and although he has that Matt Herian frame, Jordan seems to have more of the raw talent. Officially, you can eliminate Will Yateman, and Jermaine Gresham as possible Huskers.

WR: David Ausberry's excitment seems to be wearing off. That's not unusual. Nebraska seems to be dropping down his list further and further. It's always difficult to get quality WR's from the west coast that want to leave the Pac-10. Right now, i would say Nebraska could be 4th or 5th on his list. The main targets that seem to have NU in the lead include Steven Harris who has Nebraska in his top 4. Terell Turner, Keith Eloi, and Terell Reese. One juco has been involved in that mixs as well (Maurice Purify), and although Nebraska would love to have him, they can't wait around for him to decide and put off accepting commits from other guys. Purify doesn't graduate till next may, so he could be a potential late add on to the program if he doesn't get a offer from a PAC-10 school.

OL: J.B. Walton, Bruce Campbell, Curtis Bailey, Butch Lewis

DL: Charles Deas, Adrian Taylor

DE: Adrian Clayborn (if he returns with his mother)

LB: Allen Bradford still has Nebraska under consideration, but i would include 2 more guys who have Nebraska high on their list. Ron Paulo and Steve Allen (Juco). Other then those 3 guys, Nebraska seems to be trailing the majority of other schools for quality LB's. One main reason is the depth at the LB position this year. It's safe to say McKeon, Ruud, Dillard, Bradley and Octavien will be here for the long haul to get this defense up to what it was back in the 90's. Playing time will be very limited for any incoming recruit. Sometimes selling a position that is stocked, is difficult.

DB: A.J. Wallace, Jonas Mouton, Devin Ross (if he returns with his mother), Perrish Cox, Terrance Anderson, Andre Jones (Juco)

Ath: Major Culbert, Ricky Thenarse. Allen Walker is a long shot. He was scheduled to visit with the Summer brothers, but cancelled his visit. Walker seems more likely to end up as a package deal to Florida with the Summer brothers.

After this weekend, Nebraska will spend the next 2 weeks playing on the road at Baylor and Missouri before it returns home to take on South Division rival Oklahoma. Nebraska will be putting some extra effort some some 2007 prospects from the Omaha area to visit. One such prospect who has been invited to attend the NU game is Niles Paul from Omaha North.

NamelessHuskers' list of next possible recruits

Andre Jones

Jordan McMichael

Adrian Clayborn

Antwan Cobb

Steve Allen

Brandon Johnson

A.J Wallace

Gerald McCoy

Bruce Campbell

Devin Ross

J.B Walton

Rulon Davis

Keep in mind that if Nebraska even gets 4 or even 5 of these guys, it will be considered a major victory. We will revisit this list prior to the Oklahoma game and see what progress has been made.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with some of the other posts....Allen Bradford and David Ausberry look slim to none right now. I'd be surprised if they committed to NU. I like our chances with Jonas Mouton, Adrian Clayborn, Antwaan Cobb, and Ricky Thenarse.

I will update this info next week after the Missouri game, but i will say for the time being that Bradford, David Ausberry and Shareece Wright have all eliminated NU.

Next week should paint a good picture of where we stand with several recruits mentioned above

dedhoarse Hello, here is my two cents:

freeman ****, cobb ***, holt ***, bowens ***, purify ****, reese ***, mcneill ***, campbell ****, dorrestein ***, henry ***, jones ****, williams **, johnson ***, clayborn ****, deas ****, jensen ***, davis ****, smith ***, paulo **, allen ***, young **, jones *****, mouton ****, thenarse ****.

cobb & reese will comment after their final high school game in 2-4 weeks.

purify will comment soon, and bowens will comment during OU visit, which will cause UN to renign hancock's offer - therefore, their qb, rb, & wr positions will be filled (eloi *** walks on in jan., & bullock ** & irving ** may walk on as well)(I am hoping for a bullock gs)

mcneill will be the lone te (herian will be back, & tomerlin healthy, & all of the rest of the te's that were used this year are back - mueller, phillips, & sievers) - mcneill will rs, & UN will takes 2 te's in 2006 (mohr ** from genoa will walk on).

dorrestein comments during OU visit, williams comments on visit whenever he visits, campbell will comment late or after hs season, & jones & henry are N (adams will comment to UK)( bunner ** walks on or gs's).

johnson & jensen & davis are N for the front line, followed by clayborn who will comment soon, & smith who comments during OU visit, & deas who will comment during KSU visit (martin ** from lin. sw might walk on, & will get a schollie within a yr).

allen is N, & will play alot next year, & paulo will comment & will rs next yr (poe will comment to Louisville, which is closer, & has less of a log jam at lb)(makovicka ** will walk on at lb, - but ISU is after him, because of his 182 ypg rushing)(franck from seward may be asked to walk on & could be the next ickes).

jones is N (he will be UN's only *****), & young will comment this week. mouton & thenarse will comment after their high school seasons is over.

(henery ** from omaha burke will walk on at p, where he is averaging 41.7 ypp)

walk-ons: UN walk-ons may be rated higher (with six ** & one ***)than most of their competition's classes. :worship

dedhoarse Hello, they are all going to comment on their commitments, where their comments of their choice of university - being UN of course - will be processed via print, television, and internet, & read by all - yet more importantly the fine group who is associated here.

Another thing I would like to comment on would be bowens, since I have read that he is so-so on even coming for a visit, which probably does not impress the UN coaches - therefore, hancock all the way.

Also, I do not feel that culbert (some with ross) will sign with UN he is looking for playing time as a freshman, and that will not happen with all the cb coming back, plus jones coming in.

Also, I forgot about davis if he commits before mouton UN will most likely lose mouton to Michigan, and if mouton commits before davis then davis is VT bound.

that is my two cents, and sorry for the previous infraction - comment/commit - I will most likely hari-kari in the morning. :clap