Prospects likely headed to NU

dedhoarse Hello, they are all going to comment on their commitments, where their comments of their choice of university - being UN of course - will be processed via print, television, and internet, & read by all - yet more importantly the fine group who is associated here.

Another thing I would like to comment on would be bowens, since I have read that he is so-so on even coming for a visit, which probably does not impress the UN coaches - therefore, hancock all the way.

Also, I do not feel that culbert (some with ross) will sign with UN he is looking for playing time as a freshman, and that will not happen with all the cb coming back, plus jones coming in.

Also, I forgot about davis if he commits before mouton UN will most likely lose mouton to Michigan, and if mouton commits before davis then davis is VT bound.

that is my two cents, and sorry for the previous infraction - comment/commit - I will most likely hari-kari in the morning. :clap

I was just messin with ya man. I know what you meant. No hard feelings.

• 2 weeks later...

Time to revisit this thread and see where recruiting stands for Nebraska. In the last update, i had the following guys listed as likely to commit to Nebraska

NamelessHuskers' list of next possible recruits

Andre Jones- committed

Jordan McMichael -committed to Boston College

Adrian Clayborn

Antwan Cobb

Steve Allen -committed

Brandon Johnson -committed

A.J Wallace

Gerald McCoy

Bruce Campbell

Devin Ross

J.B Walton

Rulon Davis -committed

4 out of 12 prospects have committed. Not bad so far, but things have changed a little bit with some of the recruits, while others have us leading.

Antwan Cobb: Nebraska is still looking to wrap up its lone position in the running back department. Antwan Cobb still remains as NU's main target, followed by JUCO running back Kenny Wilson who is ripping up the opposition this year. The coaching staff would like to continue recruiting high school prospects instead of having to dip back into the JUCO ranks. Nebraska currently leads for Cobb, but Florida is beginning to recruit Cobb as well. Chances of landing Cobb are still in the 80% chance and it's only a matter of time.

Adrian Clayborn: Nebraska still leads his list of teams and the high doesn't seem to have worn off. With already 2 visits taken to Nebraska and Texas Tech, and a visit to Missouri coming up December 2nd and another Michigan visit sometime in December, Nebraska is still in good shape for the lead. Right now, Nebraska leads for him followed by Missouri and then Texas Tech. This will come down to a Nebraska vs Missouri recruiting battle again, similar to Chris Brook's recruitment last year. A return visit with his mother should seal the deal. If not, then a in-home visit could wrap up his recruitment for Nebraska. Chances of committing at 65%

A.J Wallace and J.B Walton: 2 guys who visited this past weekend and both rated Nebraska a perfect 10. They both had the chance to hang out with the position coaches and other players and said that their visits could not have gone any better. A.J Wallace is making his third trip to Nebraska, which gives Nebraska a slight edge over the opposition (Ohio St 9/9, Florida St-9/30, Nebraska 10/28, Unofficial visit to Penn St vs Ohio st, and 2 remaining official visits to Florida and LSU most likely). J.B Walton also gave NU a high 10 and said that Nebraska leads with Penn St. This could swing either way and Nebraska's chances are very good with Walton at this point. Walton has already eliminated Oklahoma, Tennessee, Ohio St, and Maryland. Walton and Wallace could end up committing together, thus the Penn St/Nebraska recruiting battle could be the key. Right now, Nebraska has a 45% chance with both prospects.

Bruce Campbell

Nebraska is currently battling Virginia, Maryland, and Michigan St for his services. With 1 visit down already to Nebraska, and no others scheduled, distance could play a factor in his recruitment, thus leaving Michigan St and Nebraska on the outside looking in. One thing that helps Nebraska is the need for offensive lineman, so playing time could offset that fact if that does become a factor. Chances with Campbell are at 30% at the moment.

Devin Ross: Having already visited Nebraska and Oregon and enjoyed both visits, Ross has eliminated USC from contention (which is good for NU). One team that still has a grip on him is UCLA. UCLA is waiting for his transcripts and should he be eligible for UCLA, look for UCLA to lock up his verbal (right now, it seems like he will qualify for UCLA). If he doesn't qualify, he will be looking at another PAC-10 school to commit to. Getting California kids is important, but getting them to verbal is another problem all together. Right now, chances of landing Ross are 5%

Gerald McCoy: One prospect who has been keeping mum about which schools he really likes. He has been hard to get a read on, and quite honestly, it's hard to say if NU is in the mix or not. McCoy who was listed as a 4 star prospect and has now been upgraded to a 5 star prospect after putting up some huge defensive numbers this year has several teams hot on his trail. Notre Dame has already gotten a visit from him (10/14) and other 3 teams are lined up for visits (USC 11/5, Virginia Tech 11/25, Tennessee 12/10), thus leaving NU and Oklahoma battling for the remaining official visit. McCoy however has taken a couple of unofficial visits to the local backyard team Oklahoma and is familiar with the OU staff. Thus Nebraska could get a visit if McCoy decides to take one to Nebraska over Miami. John Blake has been calling him a couple of times a week to check in on how he's doing, so all hope is not lost yet. Right now, Nebraska is at 10% for a visit. He could end up committing before he plays in the US Army All American game January 7th.

There are 3 players who are very close to committing to Nebraska and almost did on their visit. Perry Dorrestein from Illinois, Jerry Brown from Missouri, and James Poe from from Florida. Another recruit who is likely to commit, but still looking around to make sure is Adrian Clayborn

NamelessHuskers' list of most likely to commit next

Antwan Cobb

Terrell Reese

Ron Paulo

Ricky Thenarse

Adrian Clayborn

Corey Young

Perry Dorrestein

Jerry Brown

James Poe

A.J Wallace

J. B Walton

Grey Davis

Jeffery Adams

Bruce Campbell

Recruits Nebraska is on the outside looking in

Konrad Reuland

Scott Krehbiel

David Ausberry

Gerald McCoy

Allen Bradford

Devin Ross

Jonas Mouton

Sheerace Wright

Maurice Purfiy

Anthony Summers

Markeith Summers

Allen Walker

Butch Lewis

Recruits Nebraska is still on for now

Curtis Bailey

Kenny Wilson (Juco)

Andrew Quarless

Will Yateman

Jermaine Gresham

Keith Williams

Hey nameless what do you think on DB's having cox and devine ross elimante us hurts we need at least 4 db

The ross one kinda hurts but none the less, he can be replaced. We already got a verbal from Andre Jones, plus we are very much in it for A.J Wallace, Greg Davis, Ricky Thenarse, Corey Young, Major Culbert. Right now, we need about 4, maybe 5 guys to fill up some needs. If we continue to be factor in those guys i mentioned, we will easily land all of them. Right now, i would my money on Corey Young, A.J Wallace and Ricky Thenarse. Greg Davis isn't far behind, and major still has us in his favorites. We still have options

Hello, I agree w/ nameless on this one, because ross was looking for significant playing time as a fr, which would not look very promising to him or any high profile hs db w/ the verbal of jones (this yr's top rated db & nation's 2nd rated db)& the return of green, bowman (last yr's top-rated juco db), & grixby - all to contend for significant playing time.

plus, wallace is the one they truly want & if he verbals will take the "spot"

do not get me wrong ross is a great prospect (#10 db, 5-11, 185, 4.4), but not an overriding need - UN is not greatly pursuing any other db that I can think of outside of wallace (maybe pflueger, who they will maybe be able to develop in a few yrs)

plus, db's cox & wright, (along w/ ross) who had visited early will most likely stay closer to home

Hello, thanks for the info nameless, your efforts really make this board fun & quite thoughtful, & I agree w/ a lot of your predictions, but I believe that you should add a few name:

q carter & s harris at s, & q hancock, t turner & d bowens at wr, c deas at dt - all have visited or will be visiting soon & have UN as leaders or co-leaders

s - thenarse, harris, carter, davis, young - mouton got his usc offer is out

cb - wallace (jones is N) - culbert got his ucla offer, & wright, cox & ross are out

lb - paulo & poe (allen is N) - poe's mom like a closer school like flor or louisville

dt - deas & brown (johnson & jensen are N)

de - clayborn (davis & smith are N)

wr - bowens, turner, hancock, & reese (holt is N) - wr cally visitors = wc bound

qb - (freeman is N)

rb - cobb & wilson

te - (mcneill is N)

ot - dorrestein & adams (jones is N)(williams & bailey = visit - campbell = ec)

og - walton (henry og/c is N)

also, I think that lewis should be taken off the likely to commit list, since he has yet to official or unofficial to UN, & has visited nd 10/14, & will visit ga 11/11 & usc 12/02 - UN's chances for him are slim for now

also, I think that lewis should be taken off the likely to commit list, since he has yet to official or unofficial to UN, & has visited nd 10/14, & will visit ga 11/11 & usc 12/02 - UN's chances for him are slim for now

Thanks, i thought i had listed him under the outside looking in list instead of the most likely to commit list. Thanks for catching that.

hello, here are some of UN targets w/ UN visits, & when they have set visits to other schools:

cobb - UN is still only school he has visited - & might be the last

hancock - visited UN & has them as his leader - will visit md 12/16

reese - has UN (10/28) & az (10/21) leaders - visited okst 9/16

turner - UN (10/28), az (12/9) & ku (12/2)

adams - UN only school he has visited - but holds tn, ky, & ok offers

bailey - visited ou 9/2, & has UN in top 4 (UN & ou are the only 2 schools out of the 4 - miami & nd being the others - who have offered)

boatman - will visit UN 11/11 & ist 12/9

dorrestein - visited UN 10/28, & will visit mich (vs ohst) - he camped at mich

walton - UN (10/28) & pst co-leaders

williams - will visit later - but will miss out on game day atmosphere

brown - UN 10/28, il 12/3, mst 11/18, mo 12/10, & ou 11/28

campbell - UN 9/9 only school he has visited

clayborn - UN 9/16, tt 9/30, & mo 12/9

martin - possible UN offer & visit?

mccarthy - ohst 9/23 & UN 11/11 - clearwater, fl - beck has to host, right?

paulo - azst 9/30 & UN 1/6

davis - UN is still the only school he has visited - I hope it stays that way

mouton - UN 9/2, mi 9/9, & lsu 10/14, & has usc offer

thenarse - UN 9/9 is the only school he has visited - offers form UN, wa, wast, & or

wallace - fst 9/20, pst - unofficial, ohst 9/19, UN (visited & 2x camper)

young - he should have stayed at mill s, since mill n = iowa meat

carter - fres 10/14, orst 12/2, ucla 12/15 (no offer as of yet), UN 11/11

culbert - UN 9/2 is his only visit

poe - UN visit (10/28), & offer from fl (mom = fl)

pflueger - UN leader - he will probably visit (track offer), & will visit wy 11/4

(sorry, I placed this in the wrong place before) - sincerley hootin' annie's goatfarm

• 3 weeks later...

hello, there is some news:

wallace has said recently that the one visit that has stood out the most is UN's because of the game day environment & the fact that the fans (student section) chanted his names several times - he has visited osu, flst, UN & unofficially visited psu, he will be visit fl, mia, or usc w/ his final 2 visits - he will announce his choice of school during the army-all amer game

mouton has said that he likes living on the wc, but also likes lsu, since his father & other relatives live there (UN is on his short list, but they are a long shot at getting him to commit)

clayborn has UN listed as his favorite, but he has 2 visits yet to take one to ia on 12/02 & a second to mo on 12/10

campbell will visit md, va, & mi st, & will make a decision after that. He wants to go to a school where there is a lot to do when he is off campus - he likes UN, & likes md w/ the fact that they have the whole d.c. & baltimore area to do things in, so md maybe his lean, plus it is of course closer to his cn home

walton has it a tie b/w pst & UN, & he will be taking an official visit to pst in dec, & then will compare b/w the 2 school (he may take a visit to fsu, but is not sure if he will or not)

mccarthy liked his visits to osu & UN, & will be taking 2 other visits to gt & mia (mia will be hard to beat)

davis says that he can go into any school in the nation & play right away, because that is how confident he is - so who they are recruiting or who they have does not matter - UN leads but he will be taking his 4 other visits & will decide in feb

j brown has stated that he is still a soft verbal to ill (he will visit il, mo, ok & tn - & will decide after that)

adams has UN as his leader, & will take 3 remaining visits to ou, lville, & mia, & UN will be the measuring stick for those visits

:thumbs

Thank you for the update Hootin' !!

Keep the information coming. Man, I hope we can land a few more 4-5 star kids... I like the early "game-day" visits, but sometimes, the excitement fades as the season goes on. If a kids "last" visit goes well, it sometimes is the most fresh in his memory....especially if NU's season didn't goe extremely well.