Shane Lechler speaks the truth....

walksalone

Once again, a glimmer of hope for Raider fans, snuffed out due in large part to Al Davis.

Shane Lechler gets tons of respect for calling it like it is

"I just looked at my wife and said, 'I can't go through another head coach.' This will be six now in 12 years, and it's not fun. [...] I think this is going to be a huge setback for us, to tell you the truth.

"Tom was good at how he handled the whole 'dealing with Al' and all that situation. He was one of the better coaches I had at handling that part of it, and not letting that part of it bother the football team."

Lechler

Al Davis isn't going to like being publicly criticized by a player. He is a pathetic owner, way too involved in the coaching aspects of his team, much like Jerry Jones. They might as well not even hire a new coach because Al is the one calling the shots anyway.

The Raiders had a pretty darn good season and looked poised to take it to the next level next season. However, that will probably not be the case as they will most likely take a step backward with the hiring of yet another new head coach.

the best thing that can happen to the raiders is for al davis to kick the bucket. the guy looks 3/4s dead already.

I think he died years ago and death just forgot to come up and get him.

the reaper is probably scared he would get cut for doing his job.

Who do you think the Reaper works for....

geez