And now for something completely different...

I think you'll see David fill in as the "Peso" next year in our base defense. Bo has already said that next year we'll have to get bigger. It always makes me nervous when you try to add mass to a kid who is already known for blazing speed. I think you risk ruining his speed and ending up with no man's land: A kid who lacks the size of a bruiser and yet doesn't have the speed of a screamer, either.

Putting Fisher and Compton in along with David would be a great combination of size and speed. Putting Martin in as DE could also be interesting because he could give you the speed on the edge for some contain against speedy QBs like Dan Persa of Northwestern and Pryor.

I think we'll be okay with PJ Smith, Osborne, and Cassidy at the safety spots. Dennard will, of course, have things locked down on the corner. The weak point will be the other corner.

Steinkuhler, Crick, and Meredith will be solid on the line. The biggest hole truly is the corner spot opposite Dennard.

As mentioned above, we are going to be solid defensively. Cassidy, Osbourne and Dennard will be excellent next year, while I expect to see Ciante Evans, PJ Smith, Dijon Washington, Corey Cooper and Andrew Green in the mix.

The thing I'll find the most comfort in next year is that Anthony West wont be on the field.

As mentioned above, we are going to solid defensively. Cassidy, Osbourne and Dennard will be excellent next year, while I expect to see Ciante Evans, PJ Smith, Dijon Washington, Corey Cooper and Andrew Green in the mix.

Don't forget about The Maudfather. Unless he switches to QB, which I hear is a possibility.

I think you'll see David fill in as the "Peso" next year in our base defense. Bo has already said that next year we'll have to get bigger. It always makes me nervous when you try to add mass to a kid who is already known for blazing speed. I think you risk ruining his speed and ending up with no man's land: A kid who lacks the size of a bruiser and yet doesn't have the speed of a screamer, either.

Putting Fisher and Compton in along with David would be a great combination of size and speed. Putting Martin in as DE could also be interesting because he could give you the speed on the edge for some contain against speedy QBs like Dan Persa of Northwestern and Pryor.

I think we'll be okay with PJ Smith, Osborne, and Cassidy at the safety spots. Dennard will, of course, have things locked down on the corner. The weak point will be the other corner.

Steinkuhler, Crick, and Meredith will be solid on the line. The biggest hole truly is the corner spot opposite Dennard.

To be honest, I'm not sure if we'll even see the "Peso" next year.

I think there are alot of things are going to have to change outside of the personnel for next year. I think that how they're going to scheme for teams like Wisc & Iowa and the ground and pound. They may have to stay with the Peso for tOSU and maybe Penn St. For the past 3 years, all they've seen here in Big XII was the spread, or different incantations of it.

This year may be the greatest test the Carl and company will have since getting here.

To be honest, I'm not sure if we'll even see the "Peso" next year.

I think there are alot of things are going to have to change outside of the personnel for next year. I think that how they're going to scheme for teams like Wisc & Iowa and the ground and pound. They may have to stay with the Peso for tOSU and maybe Penn St. For the past 3 years, all they've seen here in Big XII was the spread, or different incantations of it.

This year may be the greatest test the Carl and company will have since getting here.

True, though I am not sure how prevalent the "ground and pound" offenses are in the Big 10. At the moment, Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, and Northwestern all feature mobile QBs and relatively undersized RBs with a lot of spread looks. The only true power running teams I can think of are Iowa, Wisconsin, and Michigan State. So it may not be time to abandon the whole concept.

Having David try to gain a ton of mass would be a mistake, IMO. It is nice having a fast LB who can get to the edge or drop back into coverage without being a huge liability. He would be an excellent spy to put on Pryor, Robinson, Persa or any other mobile QB we see in conference. Having David and a true Peso back on the field as our base defense would be too small, IMO. Having a David +10-15 lbs with two true LBs (looking at you, Compton and Fisher) would be a great combination for a base defense, me thinks.

True, though I am not sure how prevalent the "ground and pound" offenses are in the Big 10. At the moment, Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, and Northwestern all feature mobile QBs and relatively undersized RBs with a lot of spread looks. The only true power running teams I can think of are Iowa, Wisconsin, and Michigan State. So it may not be time to abandon the whole concept.

Having David try to gain a ton of mass would be a mistake, IMO. It is nice having a fast LB who can get to the edge or drop back into coverage without being a huge liability. He would be an excellent spy to put on Pryor, Robinson, Persa or any other mobile QB we see in conference. Having David and a true Peso back on the field as our base defense would be too small, IMO. Having a David +10-15 lbs with two true LBs (looking at you, Compton and Fisher) would be a great combination for a base defense, me thinks.

Well, I'm not saying that they have to abandon the Peso, but I think they're going to have to tweak it greatly. Heh, tweak.

Anyways, I'm completely on board with you about David. That kid losing any speed would be a major setback. He's fast, hits hard, and has a nose for the ball. Almost like a smaller Steve Atwater. He's going to have make OC's of the teams with mobile QB's give him serious considerations in their game plans...