Finally, Big 12 play

the end of the game was a mess. Got really lucky.

Thing is, for a team like us, a win is a win. We won. We also got hosed on a couple of calls there too. Crowd was surprisingly good. I was surprised when I saw that many people there. One question I have is though.. Why can't the crowd be into it the whole game? I mean it was electric that last minute, but why can't it be more like that the whole time? Also.. I thought the team played completely different in the 1st and 2nd half.. i don't claim to know a lot about basketball by any means, but they seemed to be a lot more up tempo in the 1st half and aggressive, where as in the 2nd half they slowed it down and tried to milk the clock each possession and didn't get good shots.. Why don't we keep the same rhythm that got us a 10 point lead in the 1st half? But all in all, sickk finish.

I'd say the person I was most impressed with last night was Toney McCray. Sure Lance Jeter showed he is the leader, but I've been watching all year and already knew what he was capable of. Walker played a good game as well, but again he filled the role I assumed he would (I believe he'll have trouble against better teams). But Toney showed some real determination last night. He also showed great hustle and ball smarts, two things that some would argue have been missing from his game. If this is the Toney McCray that will show up all year, look out. If he plays that hard/smart (creating a jump ball after he missed a free throw and another when an ISU player was in a tri-pod position waiting for the area to clear out) on both offense and defense and gets some shots(kid's got a nice stroke), then he's going to major damage.

• Fire 1

One of our starters is a transfer from UNK. Thats really all you need to know about nebraska basketball this season.

A transfer from UNK with the same athleticism, same stroke, and same hustle as every other token white boy playing in the Big Twelve. You failed to mention that while at UNK he was rewriting the entire record book... a lot of guys get overlooked in the recruiting process. Your statement is really all we need to know about your knowledge of basketball.

• Fire 1

bball_backer, great takes. +1 on both.

Toney was a man last night, he finally played like I hoped he would.

I wasnt a drake supporter till last night, the guy can play.

Caleb Walker had some great plays and is intense, but also has some plays that made me shake my head.

JBD got pushed around but played an alright game. Andre looked terrible.

Jeter was a leader!

Richardson didnt get benched, he was hurt.

Great game, good crowd.

We really needed this win. If we can muster an upset against Mizzou or Kansas, we'll be in really good shape. Oh how I would love to beat Kansas heading out of the Big XII.

IMO KU is over-rated. I've been telling everyone that will listen that I'm going to Lawrence because NU is going to pull it off (I don't think I really believe that, though). However, the team I really want to beat is Mizzou. After their governor saying NU and CU leaving makes them a stronger bball conference I pray everynight that CU and NU go 4-0 against them. That would just be too great.