Finally, Big 12 play

Finally, we get to find out a little something about this year's team. ISU was picked preseason by the coaches to finish 12th in the league. They're 13-2, on a 7 game winning streak, but had a schedule pretty comparable to NUs. They're only suiting up 6 scholarship players tonight, and Christopherson (15 pts/game) is going to be a game time decision (elbow injury).

If Nebraska hopes to improve on last year's disappointing record, they HAVE to win these kinds of games. Richardson may not play tonight (knee) but that's really Nebraska's only problem - Jeter does have a wrist issue but he should be good to go.

I'm most interested to see three things:

1 - will NU's bigs be a little more physical in league play this year? (doubt it)

2 - can NU avoid 4+ minute scoring droughts?

3 - which guard is going to step up and do something, especially with B-Rich possibly on the bench all game.

Hopefully it's a good crowd tonight, but with the weather and general lack of interest, I'm not holding my breath.

I have my DVR set to and will watch it later.

I still don't have alot of hope for the season though. We played no one in the non-conference schedule, so it should be expected that we have the record we do. This happens every year though and then we get smoked in the conference, so why is this year going to be any different. We have alot of okay players on our team, but not the type of players we need to compete with Missouri, Kansas St, Kansas, Texas, Baylor, Oklahoma St, and Oklahoma (although I haven't bee overly impressed with Oklahoma yet).

I hope I am proved wrong this year.

Huge game for them to prove themsleves.

Offense has looked terrible so far, but i have high hopes(not sure why)

I think its pretty simple what needs to happen to win:

Lance Jeter: Has to take control of this game, and be a leader. Control the pace and when the team is struggling take over.

Toney McCray:Actually try for once in your life. Has the skills but isnt mentally there.

Jorge Brian Diaz: Dont let people push you around

Andre: Use your size and back down there defense

Eshaunte "bear" Jones: Continue the hot shooting

Bear has been shooting really well lately. I want to see them use a lot of JBD and AA at the same time, which will help Diaz get matched up against smaller players. Need to actually have an offense, not this pass around the top of the key till there are 3 seconds left.

Big game... I'll be there.

I have my DVR set to and will watch it later.

I still don't have alot of hope for the season though. We played no one in the non-conference schedule, so it should be expected that we have the record we do. This happens every year though and then we get smoked in the conference, so why is this year going to be any different. We have alot of okay players on our team, but not the type of players we need to compete with Missouri, Kansas St, Kansas, Texas, Baylor, Oklahoma St, and Oklahoma (although I haven't bee overly impressed with Oklahoma yet).

I hope I am proved wrong this year.

I should hope you haven't been impressed - they are the worst team in the league.

There should be no excuse for them not to win tonight. At home, ISU is VERY shorthanded, and supposedly this is a better more mature team. This is a game Doc must win. Personally a loss tonight is pretty much unexcusable.

Sidenote, Colorado is having their way with Mizzou. Going into a pissed off Columbia will be a better gauge to see what this team is about.

Won 63-62. Didn't watch b/c on espn3 but from play by play sounds like it was 62-62 iowa st ball with 6sec left after TO. Iowa st threw ball in and jeter stole it somehow, and he got fouled with no time remaining. Gets two free throws. Misses first and makes second in clutch to win game. I've really been impressed with jeter as a leader this year.