Do we need a 2011 Top 25 list???

I don't think it's as bad as people are letting on, but then again, I also don't think the Big XII lasts five years in its current form. So it may be a moot point.

Honey, show the man what he's won...

In less than 5 years, Texas will go independent. Why wouldn't they, the egotistical bastards will have their own network.

That means there will be 9 teams left in the sinking of the Titanic, which once was the Big XII.

The "Big 10" will sense the disturbance in the force, and will snap up Iowa St and Missouri putting them one step closer to a super conference.

Missouri at 16 is a joke. I'll be surprised if they're even ranked at the end of next year. They only lost their QB and best defensive player.

:yeah

Missouri also returns nearly their entire 2 deep, Gabbert is a much bigger loss than Smith. Smith was a great player but MU didnt miss him when he was out this year with an injury and DE is probably the deepest position on the team.

Gabbert hurts, but as someone who knows the team up and down, i would not be suprised at all to see them ranked at the end of the year. Franklin played a decent amount and in nearly every game.

With all that said, preseason rankings are bunk in August. So at this point in January they are just plain stupid

Missouri also has to play a full slate of South teams this year instead of just 3. They are at Oklahoma (who could be the preseason #1 team), Texas A&M, and (I think...) Oklahoma State, who has Blackmon and Weedon coming back.

they are on the road to atm,ksu, ou and baylor. OU will be tough return a ton off a really good team, hard to say about atm, mu beat that team on the road this year by 21 (and the JJ turned the ball over too much excuse wont cut it since aTm didnt have a to in that game. they just got physically whooped). Baylor is getting better, but still not great.

and the whole every south team arguement is overrated IMO. yeah you have to play tx and ou and thats a tough task most years. the last two though would not have been. Ou was barely above average last year and texas was just plain bad this year. And they are not all slobberknockers, you also add some other average or below average teams. infact most years by playing all six you are adding one really good team, one average to good team and one bad team. MU's round robin has been OU/TT/ATM & TX/BAY/OSU. Its not like they just played BAY/TT/TX this year and are now adding the top 3. But thats just for MU...for a team like ku that every two years got to go through without playing either tx and ou in the same seasons will have issues.

Also you must consider that although MU will add TX or OU to their schedule every year, they are taking NE off of it. So is it really as bad as people try to make it sound??

Yes, it is as bad as people try to make it sound. How many times has Nebraska beat Texas since the inception of the Big 12? Once, yep that's right just once. Since the Big 12 was formed, both Texas and Oklahoma have been better than Nebraska. The South has won the Big 12 by a lopsided amount. Your schedule will be much tougher even though you don't play Nebraska. It's conceivable that Mizzou will be rated preseason behind OU, Texas, A&M, and Okie State.

17. NEBRASKA

Buzz: The defense gets a boost with T Jared Crick deciding to stay in school, similar to the decision Ndamukong Suh made before the 2009 season. If QB Taylor Martinez's sophomore season is anything like the first half of his redshirt freshman season, the Huskers' first season in the Big Ten will be a good one. LINK

fwiw, Rivals rankings out now. They have us pegged at #17.

I hope their indepth (sarcasm) analysis is correct, and the boost from Crick staying is similar to Suh: "defense gets a boost with T Jared Crick deciding to stay in school, similar to the decision Ndamukong Suh made"

17. NEBRASKA

Buzz: The defense gets a boost with T Jared Crick deciding to stay in school, similar to the decision Ndamukong Suh made before the 2009 season. If QB Taylor Martinez's sophomore season is anything like the first half of his redshirt freshman season, the Huskers' first season in the Big Ten will be a good one. LINK

fwiw, Rivals rankings out now. They have us pegged at #17.

I hope their indepth (sarcasm) analysis is correct, and the boost from Crick staying is similar to Suh: "defense gets a boost with T Jared Crick deciding to stay in school, similar to the decision Ndamukong Suh made"

I'm just glad their not gassing us up like they attempted to last season...