Keys for Tonight/Mizzou

My biggest bugaboo with Doc's team is it is the dame couple of things every game when it comes to the losses. A cold spell at some part of the game, no consistant jump shooter, and getting killed on the offensive glass. All three again reared their ugly heads last night.

Now granted Mizzou is good, but this team is missing that defensive tenacity that we've become accustomed of an Anderson coached squad. Fro, you have hinted at this in a couple of threads, and personally if the full court defense is there last night like in years past I don't think the game is ever close.

The lack of a kid to be able to hit a 10-15' jumper off the dribble or off a screen is hurting a lot. Yes this isn't the milk the shot clock and throw up a contested prayer shot like the last couple of years, but still is plaguing Doc. Like I said before hopefully someone can get their stroke going.

The rebounding issue is alarming. Is it just me or did the Littlest team in America hit the boards harder than this group? Diaz and Almaeda need to find a mean streak and not get pushed around every game. Saturday could be very bad with the Morris twins having their way through and around those two. MU won the board battle by two last night, but offensive boards killed any efforts the NU made at a comeback.

Finally for fro who was referencing the schedule upcoming. Not hoping for much Saturday(I'll wait until KU comes up to Lincoln for a competitive game. CU at home will be tough, they did go into Manhatten and beat the Cats with Pullen. They run a wide open offense that will probably give NU some fits. Tech on the road is a MUST WIN road game. Tech has some talent(four returning starters) but are in disarray. The game with A&M looms difficult as well. Turgeon has the Aggies playing great. They own the glass, again a Husker bugaboo, they are in the top5 in rebounding and rebounding margain, and they destroyed Okie Lite last night and have beaten a VERY good Washington team. NU would easily spilt these next four, but could also drop them as well.

We'll see. I hope for the best, but these same flaws that show up night after night are making me tear what little hair I have out of my head.

kc_husker - I'm in my mid-20s so the early part of the 90s I don't so much remember. But yes I have always followed them. My dad took me to about 2/3 of the games every year (whole family went to non-con games, but he only had 2 tickets so during conference play my brother and I took turns going). I remember watching guys like Piatkowski, Moore, Boone, Lue, etc. and remember specific games/plays/shots, but I can't say I necessarily remember all the success as far as seasons go. All I know is that I remember those guys doing some incredible things and I'm not sure any little kids right now are seeing things they are going to remember from Husker players.

PC - you nailed it. Diaz is really starting to piss me off. If the guy would just get pissed off and play he would DOMINATE and he would make money after his college days, but I don't think that'll ever click for him. As for Almeida, I think he could get better but with being a little out of shape and splitting time so much I don't see him taking that next step. I think if he were able to stay in for 12 minutes he could hit a groove and do some damage. As for the jump shooting, Beranek and Gallegos have looked pretty impressive off the dribble. Unfortunately they don't have what it takes to get open and make that shot in crunch time. I'm really hoping one of the 3 recruits coming in will finally be that go-to guy that you just know will get you a bucket.

kc_husker - I'm in my mid-20s so the early part of the 90s I don't so much remember. But yes I have always followed them. My dad took me to about 2/3 of the games every year (whole family went to non-con games, but he only had 2 tickets so during conference play my brother and I took turns going). I remember watching guys like Piatkowski, Moore, Boone, Lue, etc. and remember specific games/plays/shots, but I can't say I necessarily remember all the success as far as seasons go. All I know is that I remember those guys doing some incredible things and I'm not sure any little kids right now are seeing things they are going to remember from Husker players.

Early mid 90's = Erick Strickland. Best athlete to don the scarlet and cream. Seriously the guy was awesome. Could have played football and baseball too. Easily

Early mid 90's = Erick Strickland. Best athlete to don the scarlet and cream. Seriously the guy was awesome. Could have played football and baseball too. Easily

Unfortunately I was just young enough at that time I don't really remember him. I have pictures to show I was at games during his time and can vaguely remember hearing talk about him, but don't really remember watching him; if that makes sense. I've seen plenty of highlights though - wouldn't it be great to have someone like that to watch again

Yep Eric was a bad ass I will never forgot going to the Big 8 championship game at Kemper arena win the skers

won it all