Milt Tenopir on the zone read

ADS

The most interesting part of this article to me was the fact that it assumed Tom Osborne had a major decision making role within the direction of the football team.

That's because the writer is a moron. TO is not dictating the way this offense is going. If he was we'd be moving closer to what Urban Meyer had and less like what Chip Kelly has. Those systems require two different types of running backs and slightly different types of qbs.

The most interesting part of this article to me was the fact that it assumed Tom Osborne had a major decision making role within the direction of the football team.

That's because the writer is a moron. TO is not dictating the way this offense is going. If he was we'd be moving closer to what Urban Meyer had and less like what Chip Kelly has. Those systems require two different types of running backs and slightly different types of qbs.

Tom Osborne is the AD, he has and will continue to have a major decision making role on the direction of all the huskers sports. Considering his expertice, especially football! It has been suggested that TO wanted Bo to consider keeping Wats when he first took over as Head Coach and he did. I don't believe TO involved himself in the specifics of the offensive scheme and play calls because thats what the coaches get pd. for and thats where the major concerns are.

I think T.O puts in his opinion more often then none when it comes to what goes on within the fb program. He witnessed the down years of the team just like everyone else did and he is going to try and prevent that from happening again.

I think he is kind of like the father that passes the family buisness off to his kids but still gives input because he built the company up and doesn't want to see it fail.

Maybe T.O feels alittle guilt for not really having anything to do with the program during the down years and he is just doing what he thinks is best for the program even if it means a little backseat managing.

I just hate the insinuation that TO is involved in the day to day goings on of the football team and basically the coaches are his puppets. Yes...he loves football and watches film almost everyday of different teams, but he's no more involved in that program daily than he is the basketball, softball or track teams. And frankly its not fair to Bo.

I just hate the insinuation that TO is involved in the day to day goings on of the football team and basically the coaches are his puppets. Yes...he loves football and watches film almost everyday of different teams, but he's no more involved in that program daily than he is the basketball, softball or track teams. And frankly its not fair to Bo.

:yeah

i have no proof, but my gut feeling sez this is true.

It's OK. We brought Milt in last summer to mentor the coaches already. We're going to have the best blocking O Line in America in 2010.

Too bad Barney didn't make the time to meet with him and blew him off.

I always had a hunch that the Barnstache was kind of a jerk...

He's a good recruiter but very arrogant in the fact that he knows more than anyone else when it comes to blocking schemes and technique. You can't tell me you can't learn at least one thing from any coach that had done your same job. Even a guy in year 1 might know something you didn't or had forgotten that was important. I would guess Milt has forgotten more than Barney will ever know.

Barney is the most stubborn coach on our staff. Bo included. It is Barney's way or no way.

We all should start refering to Barney on this board as "Welfare Wagon."

TO has been quoted as saying he really likes Florida's offense. I believe one of the things he said was "I wish I would have thought of some of those things."