6-0 start revisited??

Now that Nebraska is 3-0 on the season, i asked a question earlier before the season started what people would say if we started 6-0. Since we are halfway at that 6-0 start, does anyone thinks that goal is still attainable? Here was the thread that got locked due to hijacking by some new posters. Curious to hear what the general pulse is now 3 games into the season. Is 6-0 still attainable considering OU's struggles, Colorado's inept offense, Texas Tech's high scoring on a DIV-A newcomer and 2 DIV-AA teams?

Link to old thread

It's still possible, obviously. However, against a team like Tech we are going to have to contain that massive passing offense. This will take stellar play from the DB's and LB's. They can do it.

Couple that with some offensive production (PLEASE!!), we could be in position to win that game.

Against Iowa State, I think we have a stout run defense. Hicks, if he plays, could break some 10-15 yarders, but the Blackshirts this year have found a way to keep teams out of the end zone.

This will be the DB's first test against some good sized receivers. Bowman needs to show what everyone talked about in fall camp. Grixby needs to play within his means. Dan and Blake need to hit hard. Make 'em think about going to get a ball. :thumbs

Offensively, again, production NEEDS TO STEP UP BIG TIME. Three touchdowns in three games just isn't going to cut the mustard. I think these players are capable of much more than that.

Baylor, well, I haven't watched any Baylor games yet. But I don't think they are knocking anyones socks off this year, again.

I think that as long as the Blackshirts can hold the opponents to a minimal amount of points, the offense can find the momentum to put points on the board for the Huskers. I think Iowa State will be a win after watching the Army game but I am worried about Texas Tech. However, I have faith that the Blackshirts can play against Tech's passing game just as they did Wake Forest.

Tech's offense is just too good, given the troubles OUR offense has. We will not be able to beat Tech with our offense.

I would have to say that I think our defense is just too good. So it will be a pretty good matchup. Tech hasn't really had a challenge yet this year, so it is kinda early to say their O is too good.

Tech's offense is just too good, given the troubles OUR offense has.  We will not be able to beat Tech with our offense.

I would have to say that I think our defense is just too good. So it will be a pretty good matchup. Tech hasn't really had a challenge yet this year, so it is kinda early to say their O is too good.

The Blackshirts are fantastic, no doubt.

But they are not good enough to overcome the problems we have on offense.

In other words, unless we keep Tech below 17 points, I think we lose. That's no slight to the Blackshirts. It's just that Tech is so good offensively, they can put up points on any defense in the country.

And I don't see us scoring more than 17 points against Tech. At least not right now.

Maybe the offense comes alive this week, who knows? But from where I'm standing, we won't win against Tech (or ISU, for that matter) if we have to rely solely on the Blackshirts, as we have the first three games.

Again, no slight to the Blackshirts, but at some point we have to score points.

I know the Blackshirts look good, but I'm still not convinced that they are going to be as dominating as everyone is assuming. The three offenses we have faced so far are inept to say the least (Pitt was finally able to roll up some yards on Youngstown State last week). Iowa State will probably be the best we've seen so far, and they aren't very good. I think our first real test will be against Tech. If we are able to stop or even slow them down enough to stay in the game, I will be a believer.

Anything is possible...however with this team I'm not sure. I would love to be 6-0, but we are playing teams that have improved over the years. For example, Iowa State, they aren't the Cyclones they were a couple of years ago...they know how to beat Nebraska, and since they have a couple of times in the last 10-12 years, they know they can. Texas Tech is still capable of putting up a lot points...our defense is better than last year so I don't think a repeat of last year will happen, but we don't score at will either (I take you back to the last game.) And speaking of Oklahoma, I would love it if we beat Oklahoma, nothing would make me happier. Right now Nebraska is only playing well on 1 side of the ball...if the offense were better, I would feel better...but remember we are on the verge of an offensive explosion...and that was said before the Pitt game.