Polar Shift

Is there a change in the magnetic field ? I was hearing some people claim that compasses have been acting funny recently. What's with all the animal deaths ? Wasn't it bees and bats a few years ago ? Maybe increased solar activity which has the potential to black out the world. A coronal mass ejection from the sun can alter the earths magnetic field. Changes in our magnetosphere allow more harmful radiation in. The north pole has been moving from the usual spots rather quickly recently, this hasnt happened in thousands of years. Without power our way of life could be changed for good because our lives revolve around electricity. Thats of course after the chaos.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=201817256339889828327.0004991bca25af104a22b

Earth's polarity has shifted a LOT in the past few billion years. It's shifted during the time of Man, so it's not likely to cause our extinction. It could cause us some discomfort, but it's unlikely to be a huge problem.

It's also unlikely to happen in our lifetime. Changes in polarity occur over thousands of years, not dozens.

I would imagine most of those mass animal die-offs have more to do with human pollutants and (in the Missouri blackbird case) direct human interaction.

Earth's polarity has shifted a LOT in the past few billion years. It's shifted during the time of Man, so it's not likely to cause our extinction. It could cause us some discomfort, but it's unlikely to be a huge problem.

It's also unlikely to happen in our lifetime. Changes in polarity occur over thousands of years, not dozens.

I would imagine most of those mass animal die-offs have more to do with human pollutants and (in the Missouri blackbird case) direct human interaction.

Not too mention, they've got stuff dying in bunches like that more than you'd think. You usually just don't hear about it due to a slow news day.

The Mayan calendar thing is so overblown. It's the equivalent of us creating a calendar from now until 12/29/2999. It's 1,000 years into the future, so that's far enough. The end of the Millennium is a decent stopping point, so we'll stop there. When 01/01/3000 rolls around we can draw up another calendar for the next millennium.

BUT, if someone stumbles on it 400 years from now, and our current culture/society has ended and we didn't leave documentation explaining the reason we stopped where we stopped, people would think we know something, and that we're predicting the end of the world, or whatever.

All this nonsense about alignment with the galactic center and Planet X and the end of the world.... it's just nonsense.

Bees are dying because of mites, nothing to do about the shift.

The mites attitude has clearly shifted to unfriendly.

I'll tell you what, if I'm worried about anything happening around here, its Yellowstone blowing. That has happened relatively recently in geological terms, has a semi-regular occurrence schedule, is overdue, and would definitely put a damper on our day to day activities.

I think most folks don't know that Yellowstone is a giant volcano. It's been rising and falling for a while now.

Kenneth Pierce of the U.S. Geological Survey in Bozeman, Montana, has studied ancient water levels in Lake Yellowstone to track elevation changes in the underlying portions of the caldera (see a map of Yellowstone National Park).

He said the newly detected upswell is part of a natural cycle that is common to calderas.

"Since … about 14,000 years ago, the Yellowstone caldera has inflated and deflated about six to eight times without a volcanic eruption," he said.

Smith agreed. "Calderas go up and down," he said. "We use the term 'restless' to describe these systems."

But, he added, "occasionally they burp."

When the volcano might "burp" next isn't clear, because highly accurate, modern instruments have only been around for a few years, Smith explained.

"It's hard to predict what's going to happen in the future when you have such a short record," Smith said.

National Geographic

Bees are dying because of mites, nothing to do about the shift.

The mites attitude has clearly shifted to unfriendly.

I'll tell you what, if I'm worried about anything happening around here, its Yellowstone blowing. That has happened relatively recently in geological terms, has a semi-regular occurrence schedule, is overdue, and would definitely put a damper on our day to day activities.

Ya I'd say so considering most of the people around yellowstone will prob. die if the super volcano blows. They had a thing on discover channel about this awhile back and the death rate they predicted if this happened was outrageous. They showed a map of what states will be affected the most with ash and Nebraska was one of those states.

I think most folks don't know that Yellowstone is a giant volcano. It's been rising and falling for a while now.

Kenneth Pierce of the U.S. Geological Survey in Bozeman, Montana, has studied ancient water levels in Lake Yellowstone to track elevation changes in the underlying portions of the caldera (see a map of Yellowstone National Park).

He said the newly detected upswell is part of a natural cycle that is common to calderas.

"Since … about 14,000 years ago, the Yellowstone caldera has inflated and deflated about six to eight times without a volcanic eruption," he said.

Smith agreed. "Calderas go up and down," he said. "We use the term 'restless' to describe these systems."

But, he added, "occasionally they burp."

When the volcano might "burp" next isn't clear, because highly accurate, modern instruments have only been around for a few years, Smith explained.

"It's hard to predict what's going to happen in the future when you have such a short record," Smith said.

National Geographic

Yeah, my hometown is about 350 miles east of there, which means if that goes, more than likely they'll never know it

If this happens, then we can give this land to China and tell them we are now squared on our debt.

theories, theories, theories... remember Y2K? Big publicity stunt, yet so many bought into it. I had to waste a perfectly good new year's eve to sit and make sure our telephone switch did not crash, biggest waste of time. Global warming, mayan calender etc... all theories to stir up speculation and doubt. Science can tell you a lot about what is happening and what has happened in the past but it is all reported to us on the human level, which no one is perfect. Unless people start dropping like flies or we start floating due to no gravity or the midwest becomes an island then i will leave it all to speculation and theory!