Winning the mental game

SDState

We were flat out coached. Good thing we have better athletes. Those kids came to play and play tough.

TEXAS

We lost the mental game, so we lost the physical game.

The QB from the Longhorns was patting our guys on the helmet and we didn't even put him in his place.

FAIL

Texas A&M

The state of Texas beat us again. Yeah, the refs did their job. We need to learn to go down punching, not crying after an officiating induced loss. The Chancellor did no favors after that one. Coach Bo needed to learn the lesson in the stoic demeanor of Tom Osborne. I admire wearing your heart on your sleeve, but sometimes the cold shoulder gets the message across better. Experience decides what path one should take.

Oklahoma

Start strong, finish stronger. Save the drama for your mamma. One turnover and our team implodes.

Holiday Bowl

Like being on a game show and after you leave (the BIG12) you get the lovely parting gifts....a poopy bowl game.

If you decide to accept, don't run through the same routine. Make it different. Make the last team we play suffer physically. Yet again, one turnover and our team implodes.

The big red machine is a building process. The defensive mechanism needs oil and fine tuning, but it is there. The offense needs one thing more than anything else. A LEADER! Rally the troops. Bring the moxy. Swagger. I have seen the Huskers win games and turn into juggernauts because of a lost position. The unbelievable strength, determination, and power from the Full Back. This is NEBRASKA FOOTBALL! I'm not saying we need to run the Maryland I Formation, I'm saying we need that someone tough as nails to get us through the tough times. To lead the team mentally through physical domination regardless of the position he plays.

BIG Ten...can't wait

You say it's coaching issue with the o-line. I agree SOMEWHAT. Cotton is a good oline coach, he's just not the right guy for what were doing with our o-line. I'm not even sure of the skillset of our linemen are even right for what we're trying to do. Cotton is a tenopir/young type of oline coach, utilizing a lot of power blocking with deliberate schemes as opposed to all this zone and read play. it's like asking a spanish teacher to teach french to a bunch of germans.

You say it's coaching issue with the o-line. I agree SOMEWHAT. Cotton is a good oline coach, he's just not the right guy for what were doing with our o-line. I'm not even sure of the skillset of our linemen are even right for what we're trying to do. Cotton is a tenopir/young type of oline coach, utilizing a lot of power blocking with deliberate schemes as opposed to all this zone and read play. it's like asking a spanish teacher to teach french to a bunch of germans.

maybe so.....but the 2nd WU game was a travesty.......SDSU wasn't much better.

they are huge young bodies. coach 'em up. there's only so many out there, and we have a nice collection of them. barney is a fool.

The OLC, the DLC and the Strength and Conditioning C half to work together. It worked before and will work again. Plug the right people into these positions and get to work. Unfortunately I don't think Barney is the guy.

T_O_B

:throwdabones1: