Kstate

I'll be blunt, overall our 1st half was probably the worst half of collegiate basketball I have ever seen in my life. It was absolutely awful, I think we might have had more turnovers than shots. This was against a pretty bad K-State team that was demoralized with a couple of bad loses and players are quiting on that team. We couldn't rebound the ball and our players showed they couldn't get it done. Doc's method of benching players because he simply doesn't like them once again killed us with McCray being the example. He was afraid to make a mistake because he thought he would be benched after one timy mistake which meant he couldn't play within himself which really killed us because this shouldn't be because he is obviously better than a lost Ubel. Either Doc's style needs to change or he needs to be fired because it is costing us games which we need to win. But really what's up with the team, we come off a huge win against a great A&M team and then get destroyed by K-State. We have no consistancy on this team except we can't win on the road. Ok I am done.

:rant

I don't know if it was noticable on t.v., but I gained a lot of respect for Diaz last night. His rebounding was still atrocious, whatever, I'm over it. He's never going to rebound I guess, I don't know what the deal is but that ain't changing. In the second half when the team looked like garbage and no one was playing well, Diaz is the one who got pissed and stepped it up a notch. He was fighting hard for position and when he got the ball, he looked to score. The thing that caught my attention was how he looked when they didn't get him the ball. He was pissed, and he let people know it. I watched him when he went to the bench one time and he was flat out mad that he wasn't being allowed to be a bigger part of the game.

What the hell happened to the offense? Diaz not even getting a shot attempt in the first half? He tried to score one time with 2:00 left in the first, got fouled and went to the line. Where the freak was that the first 18:00 minutes? You are the 314th worst 3 point shooting team in the nation, and you don't get the ball inside for a whole half? What the fluck?

Christopher Niemann, thanks for trying, now please hand over your scholarship. Wow, that was a terrible performance.

I don't know if it was noticable on t.v., but I gained a lot of respect for Diaz last night. His rebounding was still atrocious, whatever, I'm over it. He's never going to rebound I guess, I don't know what the deal is but that ain't changing. In the second half when the team looked like garbage and no one was playing well, Diaz is the one who got pissed and stepped it up a notch. He was fighting hard for position and when he got the ball, he looked to score. The thing that caught my attention was how he looked when they didn't get him the ball. He was pissed, and he let people know it. I watched him when he went to the bench one time and he was flat out mad that he wasn't being allowed to be a bigger part of the game.

What the hell happened to the offense? Diaz not even getting a shot attempt in the first half? He tried to score one time with 2:00 left in the first, got fouled and went to the line. Where the freak was that the first 18:00 minutes? You are the 314th worst 3 point shooting team in the nation, and you don't get the ball inside for a whole half? What the fluck?

Christopher Niemann, thanks for trying, now please hand over your scholarship. Wow, that was a terrible performance.

One shot on TV they showed when Diaz was taken out of the game he threw his water bottle down on the ground and it broke. He was pissed. I couldn't believe how EVERYONE just plain sucked last night.

I almost forgot the thing that pissed me off most last night. Does anyone know who has the worst 3 point shooting percentage on the team? It's a guy that is 6-38. His percentage is a whopping 15 percent. He didn't play a single minute in the aTm game, and didn't play the first 34 minutes of the Kstate game. Know who it is? It's Rayes Gallegos.

Now, if your Doc and you need 3's in the last 6 minutes of the game, don't you think you'd bring in someone like McCray (40%), Beranek (36%) or Jones (32%)? No, no. Let's bring in the guy who's cold, and is shooting 15 f***ing percent.

Hard to get any shot attempts when you pick up two foulds in the first two minutes of the game. When he came back in after Niemann was worthless, he was SO tentative not to pick up that third foul he looked like a kid on his first date. Also turning the ball over about as many times as points scored is not gonna help.

I saw that fire a little in the second half(what little I saw after remembering to change the channel back to the game) was nice but that crap has to be there for 40 minutes every game. And until I see that, I will still be skeptical.

KState came out and did exactly what I thought they would, and sadly NU played like I thought they might.

Again it is the same story. And it is older than Moses. 2nd chance points, turnovers, and outside shooting(especially settling for pooor shots by poor shooters). Even with the game at home this weekend with KU, I'll say it will be a typical NU/KU series. Close KU win in game one, game two...not so much. And this is coming from a guy that begs for them to be successful, but at the same time is very much a realist.