Taylor will have competition this season

BC and Sipple breakdown the QB on their website. I really like how Sipple brings up and if Martinez does not start next year, it will be the fifth time in a row that Nebraska has thrown out a first year starter for someone else at the QB spot. There is something about that comment that really irks me, it tells me we don't give a first year starter a chance to develop, if you can't be a great QB your first year, you don't deserve the job next job? Is that what our offense is looking for? In any case, I hope Martinez starts next year and shows some improvement in his offensive management.

That's not what they're saying. They are getting at the fact that we haven't had anyone start for more than one year since Zac Taylor, because of a number of different reasons.

Zac started '05 and '06.

Sam Keller started in '07 (was a senior, so only one year).

Joe Ganz started in '08 (was a senior, so only one year).

Zac Lee started in '09 (was a junior, but got "beat out" the next year).

Taylor Martinez started in '10 (we'll see what happens next year).

______________ starts in '11?

I'm sorry for being stupid, but what part of what I said was inccrrect? Sam Keller, Joe Ganz, Zac Lee and Taylor Martinez are all 1st year starters.

BC and Sipple breakdown the QB on their website. I really like how Sipple brings up and if Martinez does not start next year, it will be the fifth time in a row that Nebraska has thrown out a first year starter for someone else at the QB spot. There is something about that comment that really irks me, it tells me we don't give a first year starter a chance to develop, if you can't be a great QB your first year, you don't deserve the job next job? Is that what our offense is looking for? In any case, I hope Martinez starts next year and shows some improvement in his offensive management.

That's not what they're saying. They are getting at the fact that we haven't had anyone start for more than one year since Zac Taylor, because of a number of different reasons.

Zac started '05 and '06.

Sam Keller started in '07 (was a senior, so only one year).

Joe Ganz started in '08 (was a senior, so only one year).

Zac Lee started in '09 (was a junior, but got "beat out" the next year).

Taylor Martinez started in '10 (we'll see what happens next year).

______________ starts in '11?

I'm sorry for being stupid, but what part of what I said was inccrrect? Sam Keller, Joe Ganz, Zac Lee and Taylor Martinez are all 1st year starters.

Your paragraph made it sound like you were frustrated because of some idea that the only reason we had one year starters was because we weren't giving them enough of a chance afterwards...or something, I guess I'm not even sure what you were getting at. Everyone has gotten fair shakes at the position to most all extents, and Zac Lee is the only one that started and then got "thrown out" or whatever term you were using.

B.S. Idk wear you're hearing your info. As I am a student at UNL, has friends on the football team and see's all the staff and players everyday at the Training Table. BTW, saw Martinez broke a smile today sitting with the other QB's. FWIW.

WHOA there god of everything that is husker. I didn't justify anything I just reciprocated what I have heard sporadically around. I'm a student too, as are 20,000 others. Sorry to rain on your parade.

And btw, on your espionage of Mr martinez. The fact that you saw him crack a smile with the quarterbacks says just about as much as your post does in regards to him switching positions, zero.

Should Starling find himself at Nebraska next season, he does have a message for incumbent dual-threat quarterback Taylor Martinez.

“I’m going to make him work hard to try to keep his spot, and I’m really excited to know I’m not red-shirting,” Starling said. “Whatever happens happens, but I’m going to Nebraska trying to win the starting job.”

Continue Reading

B.S. Idk wear you're hearing your info. As I am a student at UNL, has friends on the football team and see's all the staff and players everyday at the Training Table. BTW, saw Martinez broke a smile today sitting with the other QB's. FWIW.

WHOA there god of everything that is husker. I didn't justify anything I just reciprocated what I have heard sporadically around. I'm a student too, as are 20,000 others. Sorry to rain on your parade.

And btw, on your espionage of Mr martinez. The fact that you saw him crack a smile with the quarterbacks says just about as much as your post does in regards to him switching positions, zero.

:confucius:dunno:confucius

What's with the animosity? He's passing along info just like you did. Let's all be Husker fans together, eh? :wasted

Should Starling find himself at Nebraska next season, he does have a message for incumbent dual-threat quarterback Taylor Martinez.

“I’m going to make him work hard to try to keep his spot, and I’m really excited to know I’m not red-shirting,” Starling said. “Whatever happens happens, but I’m going to Nebraska trying to win the starting job.”

Continue Reading

Wow, nice find Nexus. If this is true then I could assume that Turner will bot be playing QB?

Just sharing what my peepers have been seeing LYONS. Why would Martinez switch to safety with Osborne, Cassidy, Stafford, and Jackson being very capable players?

I can't really see Martinez laying the wood as a DB by any means/Intensity on Defense.

He's a QB. The scary thing is, he's only going to get better. I can't explain to you how much experience is valued in college football. The Kid is going to be a playmaker and hopefully Beck will actaully utilize his skill set and call some play-action passes, roll-outs, bootlegs. Exciting.

With the fact of Martinez breaking a smile.I guess it's a lot harder to be sarcastic over the internet. :blink: