Strong Evidence that Watson is gone

I don't think the press conference will be until next week. There will have to be some things sorted out internally with contract signing and a team meeting to introduce coaches to players I suspect. Atleast one position remains unfilled. Gonna be a long weekend.

Yeah. . but I bet its filled by tomorrow night or Sunday morning. Remember these coaches don't need a week or two to think about things. They know with in 30 minutes of the offer if they're going to come 99% of the time unless they know there is a counter offer and its toss up. I think pretty much all the guys he's talking with should have had their minds made up before he officially got to speak with them about schematics. Sure a few things have changed because of circumstances and requests but I don't think any thing other than ego would change the job they were being asked to do from the beginning of the contact.

FWIW, that posting isn't for the OC "per sey," it is eerily similar to the one for the defensive position, and I don't think that Carl is going anywhere.

But, do either of the 2 of you have any idea what is actually going to shake down, ie, who's gone, who's coming in?

I guessing their will be 4 hires, one announcement when this is all done. We already know Raymond is on board, Els looks like a lock for the LB job. So that just leaves the offensive staff to fill. I believe Bo already has his guys he wants. I guessing Monday or Tuesday this thing is pretty much wrapped up.

I hope you're right. I just want all these coaching rumors to be put to bed already. I don't know what went down or who wanted who to leave but it just feels dirty. I am probably way off base but I get the feeling Bo drew a line in the sand and said this is the direction we are going. A few coaches were left standing on the wrong side of the line. Bo gave them plenty of time to find other gigs and save face. Times up and now Bo has to start plugging the holes. My only question or concern why is it taking so long? If the coaching changes are happening I would guess the wheels started turning after the bowl game already.

I don't think the press conference will be until next week. There will have to be some things sorted out internally with contract signing and a team meeting to introduce coaches to players I suspect. Atleast one position remains unfilled. Gonna be a long weekend.

Yeah. . but I bet its filled by tomorrow night or Sunday morning. Remember these coaches don't need a week or two to think about things. They know with in 30 minutes of the offer if they're going to come 99% of the time unless they know there is a counter offer and its toss up. I think pretty much all the guys he's talking with should have had their minds made up before he officially got to speak with them about schematics. Sure a few things have changed because of circumstances and requests but I don't think any thing other than ego would change the job they were being asked to do from the beginning of the contact.

FWIW, that posting isn't for the OC "per sey," it is eerily similar to the one for the defensive position, and I don't think that Carl is going anywhere.

But, do either of the 2 of you have any idea what is actually going to shake down, ie, who's gone, who's coming in?

I guessing their will be 4 hires, one announcement when this is all done. We already know Raymond is on board, Els looks like a lock for the LB job. So that just leaves the offensive staff to fill. I believe Bo already has his guys he wants. I guessing Monday or Tuesday this thing is pretty much wrapped up.

I hope you're right. I just want all these coaching rumors to be put to bed already. I don't know what went down or who wanted who to leave but it just feels dirty. I am probably way off base but I get the feeling Bo drew a line in the sand and said this is the direction we are going. A few coaches were left standing on the wrong side of the line. Bo gave them plenty of time to find other gigs and save face. Times up and now Bo has to start plugging the holes. My only question or concern why is it taking so long? If the coaching changes are happening I would guess the wheels started turning after the bowl game already.

I think on the plane ride home from San Diego, Bo made some "tough decisions." Watson applied for every job out their and more than likely would have taken Gilmore with him. Those guys knew they werent coming back and wanted leave Lincoln peacefully or atleast on their own terms. It didnt happen, so best of luck to both of them.

Im guessing some of the recruits knew what was going on with watson and gilmore. Sanders thing kinda came up out of nowhere until a few days ago, atleast what Im reading in other posts.

Bo wants to do things on his terms he doesnt like the media. So even having a press release saying those guys werent coming back, would have cause an uproar and could have been used negatively against Nebraska in the recruiting world.

Why would the university ever need to post a job listing like this for a staff opening?

Are they obligated to and we've just never noticed? You'd think they would just make the calls themselves and select the pool of candidates on their own, rather than solicit help from the internet.

I heard on 1620 that it is a law.

Its a state job thats why the pay is also public record.

Does anyone else think it's kind of strange that there is a job posting for an offensive coordinator position? I was under the impression positions were filled by whoever the university likes and wants to talk to rather than any Joe applying.

By university policy they have to "post" it.

So then where is the job posting for LB coach?

One likely possibility is that they have one posting for multiple positions. That might be why they make the job description so vague. The defensive one could have applied to any position on the defensive side of the ball. Same with this one for the offensive side. I think that's probably what's happening here.

Brian Christopherson just confirmed what I suspected above.

HuskerExtraBC HuskerExtraBC

By the way, one job posting (like the offensive football job listing) can cover more than one position opening. #Huskers

1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

I think they only post these when they already have chosen someone. That's what happened when they hired Bo. That appears to be what happened with Raymond and Ells. And I heard this evening from a good source that Bo already has his guy (not Frost or Beck).

Does anyone else think it's kind of strange that there is a job posting for an offensive coordinator position? I was under the impression positions were filled by whoever the university likes and wants to talk to rather than any Joe applying.

One likely possibility is that they have one posting for multiple positions. That might be why they make the job description so vague. The defensive one could have applied to any position on the defensive side of the ball. Same with this one for the offensive side. I think that's probably what's happening here.

By the way, one job posting (like the offensive football job listing) can cover more than one position opening. #Huskers

I think they only post these when they already have chosen someone. That's what happened when they hired Bo. That appears to be what happened with Raymond and Ells. And I heard this evening from a good source that Bo already has his guy (not Frost or Beck).

They have to post them because its a state law because the job is state employee. Just like sometimes you see a company you work post a position, but you already know who is gonna get the job. Most of the time its done out of courtesy and compiling with company or state law occupation standards.

So your thinking it will be Jason Phillips or Ed Warinner? I would be very surprised if we didn't get Frost to be honest.

So your thinking it will be Jason Phillips or Ed Warinner? I would be very surprised if we didn't get Frost to be honest.

Not necessarily, but those are the other names we're hearing. My friend told me that Bo already has his OC, that it is the guy he wanted all along, and that it is someone outside of the program that isn't Frost.

Not necessarily, but those are the other names we're hearing. My friend told me that Bo already has his OC, that it is the guy he wanted all along, and that it is someone outside of the program that isn't Frost.

Well apparently we aren't making any offensive coaching changes haha

Interesting...If your friend mentioned a name what did you think of the possible canidate?

Interesting...If your friend mentioned a name what did you think of the possible canidate?

To me only 1 name pops into my head when reading the last few posts and putting the Larry Frost thread together. Ed Warinner for OC. Phillips and Frost wont make lateral moves, so their goes that. He is the Oline coach at ND right now was the OC at KU when they were killing us.