Bo: "No offensive staff openings" (Shatel Piece)

Bo speaks truth. There are no offensive positions open right now. Not to say there won't be soon. But Watson gilmore cotton brown and beck are all on the payroll still. Officially we have no offensive openings. Is it ridiculous, yes. Is it true, yes.

So their isnt a job posting on UNL website. Just because a certain individual is being paid doesnt mean his job isnt open for reconsideration by his boss which in this case would be Pelini.

You're right that there is an opening in the sense that a job search clearly is underway, but from another perspective there are no openings in the sense that every position is currently filled. This happens with jobs all the time. Someone gives their notice and the company posts a notice for their position while that employee finishes his/her last few weeks/months.

As it always seems to be with Bo these days, it comes down to semantics in determining whether he's telling the truth.

There is no doubt Nebraska is looking for a oc. But bo doesn't flat out lie. It's a technicality ...I don't know law but until a pay schedule and contract runs out your employed. Unless your fired but Noone has been fired. Perhaps someone has been hired by handshake and so there is no opening like previous poster said but bo doesn't flat out lie.

Bo speaks truth. There are no offensive positions open right now. Not to say there won't be soon. But Watson gilmore cotton brown and beck are all on the payroll still. Officially we have no offensive openings. Is it ridiculous, yes. Is it true, yes.

Wrong.

https://employment.unl.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/Welcome_css.jsp

This on UNL's system. It's their job description on their Applicant Tracking System.

What if that posting is old (i.e. positions have already been filled)?

The posting isnt old and it will be removed upon hire, it doesnt give a closing date. It even says "OPEN UNTIL FILLED."

I even provided the direct link.....

Nebraska job opening

Wrong.

This on UNL's system. It's their job description on their Applicant Tracking System.

Once a job is filled the posting is removed/ closed. This is from their career site taken this evening. I doubt if they posted the job to collect resumes. This an open valid job at the Univ. of Nebraska at Lincoln.

Actually I was wrong. The VALID job description is not from an ATS. It's a job descrition most likely posted through their HRIS/ HRMS.

That posting isn't indicative that the job is currently open. It's a CYA move, nothing more. The only thing it signals to me is that the OC position will not be filled by Watson next year. As has been said, you could parse the words Bo said to mean that someone has already been "hired" for the position on a handshake deal.

That job posting isn't worth the electrons it inconvenienced to create it. It's just a bunch of 1's and 0's arranged in a certain way. Don't be fooled by it.

So their isnt a job posting on UNL website. Just because a certain individual is being paid doesnt mean his job isnt open for reconsideration by his boss which in this case would be Pelini.

You're right that there is an opening in the sense that a job search clearly is underway, but from another perspective there are no openings in the sense that every position is currently filled. This happens with jobs all the time. Someone gives their notice and the company posts a notice for their position while that employee finishes his/her last few weeks/months.

As it always seems to be with Bo these days, it comes down to semantics in determining whether he's telling the truth.

Yes I understand that. But companies also look for potential employees to replace someone who hasnt given their "two weeks" or his still working knowing or not knowing they are soon out. That was the point of my post. Watson and Gilmore may have not "quit" or been "fired" but more than likely have been told that contracts will not be renewed.

In other words watson and gilmore are still on the payroll until their contracts have expired and are not renewed, but they are not part the Husker Football staff anymore.

This probably the safe way to fire someone without oweing them a bunch of money. Didnt we have to buy out the previous staffs contracts when that blew up. We probably paid some of those guys for a couple of years. Tom and Bo probably dont wanna operate like that anymore, by giving out multiple year contracts.

Wrong.

Once a job is filled the posting is removed/ closed. This is from their career site taken this evening. I doubt if they posted the job to collect resumes. This an open valid job at the Univ. of Nebraska at Lincoln.

Actually I was wrong. The VALID job description is not from an ATS. It's a job descrition most likely posted through their HRIS/ HRMS.

That's not true. Sadly, there are a handful of jobs that I have applied for in the last several months where the employer has contacted me to notify me that they have already hired another applicant, but the posting is still up (stating "open until filled"). And these are university jobs I have applied for.

All that really matters is to put the coaching staff back together before it truly becomes a circus. Everyone who is a husker fan just wants it to be over and if pelini said ...Watson is not coming back and he's looking for a oc then its all over media we are in shambles. If you introduce a new staff all at once and say then what happened it all appears smooth and in control. It's very uncommon to hire 4 guys in a week. Its never perfect when something like this happens.

• Fire 1

That posting isn't indicative that the job is currently open. It's a CYA move, nothing more. The only thing it signals to me is that the OC position will not be filled by Watson next year. As has been said, you could parse the words Bo said to mean that someone has already been "hired" for the position on a handshake deal.

That job posting isn't worth the electrons it inconvenienced to create it. It's just a bunch of 1's and 0's arranged in a certain way. Don't be fooled by it.

Wrong. It's a valid job description and Pelini knows about it and knows that it's out there. In the article he denies knowledge of the job description. He's lying. He knows it's out there.

1. When I asked Pelini about the job posting for an offensive coach on the UNL website, he said, "what job posting?'' Pelini said he didn't know anything about it, quickly adding, "That could be for an internship or it could be that (Jeff) Jamrog (assistant AD for football) put that up there. Sometimes when we have lower-level openings, we do that.''

Are there are any openings on Pelini's offensive staff, such as coordinator or receiver's coach?

"No, no offensive staff openings,'' Pelini said.

Regardless if the job(s) have been filled he knows about this job posting is out on their system. To assume he doesn't know it's out there is 100% wrong.

Wrong.

That's not true. Sadly, there are a handful of jobs that I have applied for in the last several months where the employer has contacted me to notify me that they have already hired another applicant, but the posting is still up (stating "open until filled"). And these are university jobs I have applied for.

You really think they posted this job to collect resumes? WRONG!!!!!

Wrong.

I highly doubt they would forget to remove the football assistant coach application 3 weeks after the hiring is announced. You think the minute they hire someone its gonna disappear just like that, before its announced to the public. Considering how much attention it has gotten today they will probably let linger on their for a couple days after the decision is made. Then after the big press conference, they will take it off.

Wrong. It's a valid job description and Pelini knows about it and knows that it's out there. In the article he denies knowledge of the job description. He's lying. He knows it's out there.

1. When I asked Pelini about the job posting for an offensive coach on the UNL website, he said, "what job posting?'' Pelini said he didn't know anything about it, quickly adding, "That could be for an internship or it could be that (Jeff) Jamrog (assistant AD for football) put that up there. Sometimes when we have lower-level openings, we do that.''

Are there are any openings on Pelini's offensive staff, such as coordinator or receiver's coach?

Regardless if the job(s) have been filled he knows about this job posting is out on their system. To assume he doesn't know it's out there is 100% wrong.

I know you well enough to know that I'm not going to conVince you of anything. All I can say is that your understanding of this situation is not entirely correct, and that's throwing your analysis off a little.

Carry on. ;)

• Fire 1

Wrong.

You really think they posted this job to collect resumes? WRONG!!!!!

Where did you get that? Of course not. Like everyone has said many times, this posting is just a necessary move to abide by university policy.

I know you well enough to know that I'm not going to conVince you of anything. All I can say is that your understanding of this situation is not entirely correct, and that's throwing your analysis off a little.

Carry on. ;)

Agree. Vince, keep in mind this same thing happened when Bo was hired. State law requires that the university post the opening. I have no proof, but I seem to remember that the HC opening was posted the day Bo was announced as HC and then taken down weeks later. It didn't line up at all with the actual hiring.