Bonocchio

zonaSker

Although I share the same opinion on how Bo could be more honest (or say nothing at all for that matter). I do think we should give Bo some more respect. The photoshopped pic is not necessary. Fact of the matter is, I think that Bo is a very good FOOTBALL COACH and although he has frustrated all of us, I am sure that the majority of us still want him here. We can criticize the guy by all mean, but (although I may seem like a stick in the mud) but I see this as disrespectful. As they same a picture is worth a 1,000 words, and I think this is worse than a few words.

If you think he gives a crap about what anything thinks, you haven't been paying attention.

bo.jpg

Although I share the same opinion on how Bo could be more honest (or say nothing at all for that matter). I do think we should give Bo some more respect. The photoshopped pic is not necessary. Fact of the matter is, I and I am sure most other Husker fans all agree Bo is a very good FOOTBALL COACH and although he has frustrated us, we still want him here. We can criticize the guy by all mean, but (although I may seem like a stick in the mud) but I see this as disrespectful. As they same a picture is worth a 1,000 words, and I think this is worse than a few words.

Relax, it's all in good fun. I think this picture is funny, and I'm in no way even remotely offended by Bo's antics the past few days, and I certainly don't respect him less for it. The whole internet firestorm plus Bo's response to some of these questions to which he should just say, "no comment" makes the whole situation hilarious. to me at least.

I understand, but I don't want this by some odd chance turning into a poster that Bo sees. It would be a slap into the face for the man. I know Bo is a tuff dude and can take it, but the guy still needs to know we appreciate him.

The whole internet firestorm plus Bo's response to some of these questions to which he should just say, "no comment" makes the whole situation hilarious.

Corncraze, I understand where you are coming from. I think Bo is great coach, but he has done all this to himself. It's just a joke.

Herc, you nailed it.

I see message boards as a small flame that at times is fighting to keep going. Then Bo drives by in a gas tanker firing a blow torch.

bo.jpg

Although I share the same opinion on how Bo could be more honest (or say nothing at all for that matter). I do think we should give Bo some more respect. The photoshopped pic is not necessary. Fact of the matter is, I and I am sure most other Husker fans all agree Bo is a very good FOOTBALL COACH and although he has frustrated us, we still want him here. We can criticize the guy by all mean, but (although I may seem like a stick in the mud) but I see this as disrespectful. As they same a picture is worth a 1,000 words, and I think this is worse than a few words.

Relax, it's all in good fun. I think this picture is funny, and I'm in no way even remotely offended by Bo's antics the past few days, and I certainly don't respect him less for it. The whole internet firestorm plus Bo's response to some of these questions to which he should just say, "no comment" makes the whole situation hilarious. to me at least.

actually, the best way he could have handled it is to say: Yes - there will be coaching changes and they will be made and finalized as soon as possible. Once things are finaled we'll hold a press conference so we can address your questions. But until then, no comment will be the answer to any coaching related questions.

Although I share the same opinion on how Bo could be more honest (or say nothing at all for that matter). I do think we should give Bo some more respect. The photoshopped pic is not necessary. Fact of the matter is, I think that Bo is a very good FOOTBALL COACH and although he has frustrated all of us, I am sure that the majority of us still want him here. We can criticize the guy by all mean, but (although I may seem like a stick in the mud) but I see this as disrespectful. As they same a picture is worth a 1,000 words, and I think this is worse than a few words.

If you think he gives a crap about what anything thinks, you haven't been paying attention.

I think Bo cares a great deal about fan support, as he should. And there seems to be some disconnect here, where he sees the fans almost as predators for his program and in response is casting up all kinds of walls to the program. A very different Bo than the one that arrived in 2007. A more jaded one, I think.

I can see where corncraze is coming from. I laughed at the picture though, job well done. Some good photoshop skills there :)

But I do wish Bo would be less jaded, as the fans do support him and the program and more than anything, want to. We aren't (for the most part) actually against him.

I also think you may as well just announce the changes, it protects his guys like Watson and Gilmore and the rest better than whatever is happening now. By the way, 'dp' = double post, but I'll go and clean that up now.

The fact that people are upset about this is half of what makes it funny. It's funny how bad Bo is at handling these kinds of issues, but this whole reaction to it, as if it's some Watergate type scandal that Bo told a lie that we all knows equates to "no comment," it's just funny.

College football is fun, and it's fun to be passionate about it, but this situation is not one I'm going to spend any time getting upset about. Just not that big a deal.

bo.jpg

actually, the best way he could have handled it is to say: Yes - there will be coaching changes and they will be made and finalized as soon as possible. Once things are finaled we'll hold a press conference so we can address your questions. But until then, no comment will be the answer to any coaching related questions.

Actually, that is exactly how he handled it. If one would read Shatel's entire article, it's posted in the thread about it, one would see that Pelini said as of now there are no openings, BUT there could be some staff movement next week. Meaning: Watson, Gilmore, etc are still under contract and employees of the University, however, there contracts are soon to expire and there may be some openings then.

"5. Pelini wouldn't comment on Scott Frost or any of the other speculation involving possible offensive coordinators or assistants. However, he said there could be some staff movement next week"

From the Shatel article. Just in case some people still don't want to take the time to read the whole thing!

Pretty darn difficult to sit there and say "this is how he should have handled it" when you have no clue about what is even going on. Doesn't anyone think that if Bo was doing something out of line, or completely off the wall, Tommy O would step in? I sometimes think that we are being so influenced by the press and the fact that they are irritated Bo is not "Mr. Openness" telling them everything that is going on. Give the guy a break. There are many reasons why he says what he says. Example: He says there is an opening for an OC job. Frost doesn't take it. The next guy doesn't take it. Then, what does the press do: Every time they see Bo, they ask him: What is the status of the new hire for the OC job? Anyway, give Bo a break. Until the team becomes a non-supportor, or until we start seeing Callahan problems (sub 500 records and no bowl game), I support Bo.