Frost's dad speaks, Scott wants to come home

Scott Frost could walk into a meeting with Bo Pelini sporting bling, a diamond-tipped cane, and a big purple floofy hat and say, "Bioch, here's what I want. A million dalla up front, and a million dalla mo when the job's done."

We're the one with an offense in the ditch beneath the first ditch. He's the one riding in on a white horse from Oregon. I'm him, I shoot for full OC, settle for co-OC if necessary. What does he have to lose? Even if this opportunity goes by, Frost is going to be seeing offers like junk mail in the coming years. The Nebraska thing is something unique, obviously, that might make him more apt to give on some terms, but I don't think a purely lateral move would make a lot of sense in his position.

Agree I dont blame him for shooting for the OC position. But he needs a reality check, he has no OC expericence, only 2 years coaching in FBS, he should tone down his expectations and be grateful that he is in such high demand these days.

Why not a lateral move? We can give him $50K more and it sounds he wants to be at Nebraska anyway.

How many NC bonuses you think he's going to see at Nebraska the next two years? Now how about at Oregon?

Zero and again Zero. but if he wants to comeback it shouldnt be about the money to a certain degree.

Oh come on, Frost. You are better than grandstanding or public posturing like this.

He isn't entitled to anything; I say the ball should be in his court.

You on Pelini using the Miami rumor as an attempt to get a raise:

It's a fair tactic and it works. Like the Google employees who go get facebook interviews. All got raises.

If this were any other job it would be no big deal. Heck variety is good for you. Could want to pick up and move around just for the experience, try some new things. But that's why coaches are paid so much: because they are that valuable. Bo picking up and leaving could leave our program in shambles.

That's why they get the big bucks.

• Fire 1

Scott Frost could walk into a meeting with Bo Pelini sporting bling, a diamond-tipped cane, and a big purple floofy hat and say, "Bioch, here's what I want. A million dalla up front, and a million dalla mo when the job's done."

We're the one with an offense in the ditch beneath the first ditch. He's the one riding in on a white horse from Oregon. I'm him, I shoot for full OC, settle for co-OC if necessary. What does he have to lose? Even if this opportunity goes by, Frost is going to be seeing offers like junk mail in the coming years. The Nebraska thing is something unique, obviously, that might make him more apt to give on some terms, but I don't think a purely lateral move would make a lot of sense in his position.

Agree I dont blame him for shooting for the OC position. But he needs a reality check, he has no OC expericence, only 2 years coaching in FBS, he should tone down his expectations and be grateful that he is in such high demand these days.

I'm Frost, I'm too busy making money to worry about being grateful.

Why not a lateral move? We can give him $50K more and it sounds he wants to be at Nebraska anyway.

How many NC bonuses you think he's going to see at Nebraska the next two years? Now how about at Oregon?

Bonuses for winning the national title? In the next two years? Almost surely zero at either place.

Bonuses for winning the national title? In the next two years? Almost surely zero at either place.

My understanding is you get some just for showing up.

Still Zero on both accounts. Oregon has to deal with Colorado and Utah now, slighly j/k. Plus USC will be off probation in 2012 if not 2011.

Still Zero on both accounts. Oregon has to deal with Colorado and Utah now, slighly j/k. Plus USC will be off probation in 2012 if not 2011.

Pete the Cheat is gone my man. Oregon is playing basketball on a football field in scoring. Frost is in for some major bonuses. If we're adding some sprinkles to his Sunday instead of another scoop, I don't think that's going to do it. Could be wrong. Total speculation. All the same, I can't imagine why a lateral move to Nebraska would be worth it to him, unless nostalgia is just that strong.

Considering the fact that this was Oregon's first EVER trip to the MNC, and it was bolstered by a statistical anomaly in the rankings thanks to the Pac-10's round-robin schedule and relatively weak Non-Con schedules, I would be stunned if they even sniffed the Championship this year. A lot of stars aligned for Oregon to make it to the title game. A lot of those stars fell out of alignment with the addition of two schools to the Pac-10 and their CCG.

It's not impossible. It's just highly unlikely.

Same goes for Nebraska, though. Highly unlikely.

Considering the fact that this was Oregon's first EVER trip to the MNC, and it was bolstered by a statistical anomaly in the rankings thanks to the Pac-10's round-robin schedule and relatively weak Non-Con schedules, I would be stunned if they even sniffed the Championship this year. A lot of stars aligned for Oregon to make it to the title game. A lot of those stars fell out of alignment with the addition of two schools to the Pac-10 and their CCG.

It's not impossible. It's just highly unlikely.

Same goes for Nebraska, though. Highly unlikely.

Forget the bonuses. That's just an additional motivation that Oregon is a helluva lot more likely to make it with that offense than we are with our schedule. The fact is Chip Kelly has come out and said they'd do what was reasonable to keep him around. So again I say, if it's a lateral move, we'd better be talking huge dollars. Frost is liked, respected, building a reputation, at a championship-caliber school, and will no doubt be seeing plenty of interest for coordinator positions in the next 2-5 years. You can't know the guy's heart, clearly, but from an outsider's perspective, I don't see why Nebraska fans think he's going to come to be our WR coach for an extra 50k.