Frost's dad speaks, Scott wants to come home

Im going to throw this out there and read the replies in the morning as i drive to Lincoln.

Do most people want Scott Frost as OC because he is Scott Frost? or because of what he can bring to the table in an offensive scheme?

I guess what i am trying to say is that it seems folks want him because of his legacy at Nebraska and i haven't seen one comment that talks about what kind of offense he would want to bring to Nebraska.

Most people assume he would try to bring everything he's learned from Chip Kelly at Oregon to Nebraska's offense, which would seem to be a good fit since Nebraska is currently emulating Oregon's offense.

Im going to throw this out there and read the replies in the morning as i drive to Lincoln.

Do most people want Scott Frost as OC because he is Scott Frost? or because of what he can bring to the table in an offensive scheme?

I guess what i am trying to say is that it seems folks want him because of his legacy at Nebraska and i haven't seen one comment that talks about what kind of offense he would want to bring to Nebraska.

Most people assume he would try to bring everything he's learned from Chip Kelly at Oregon to Nebraska's offense, which would seem to be a good fit since Nebraska is currently emulating Oregon's offense.

Yes, Hercules, I agree with you. I think it is the fact he is coaching at Oregon and they have one of the best offenses in the country. He is also a great recruiter and develops talent well. If he was still at Northern Illinois, I don't think people would want him here so much.

Give it to him!

Frost = Co-OC with Beck

Give them the same title and offer him more Money than Oregon!

Money should honestly be know issue hear with all the donors we have

No crap. Im a donor and give plenty more than I can afford. Give it to Frost, who is someone who will care about Nebraska as much as myself. He is a husker and always will be a husker!!!

And don't see me as a Frost fan for life. After his nebraska career I ran into scott alot downtown at the bars quite a bit. I would always talk to him and he was seriously clueless bout everything. He was basically a punching bag with the stupid deal he said.

However, I believe he has grown alot as a person and coach because of what friends of his and mine have told me. Should he get OC job now? Im not sure but I have more faith in him now especially since he has matured. Also, I don't believe he would ever let the huskers offense disappear into oblivion with his history. He would never let the O suffer if he was the OC. Of course this is JMHO.

fact is he's been around some of the best coaches, walsh, dr tom, parcells. he has shown himself to be very agressive as a recruiter, he's fiery, and hell if there's an incident with a camera and a coach again he can drag the coach away ala lagarrett blount. oh right he's also done a good job of learnind different positions and what not.

Yes, Hercules, I agree with you. I think it is the fact he is coaching at Oregon and they have one of the best offenses in the country. He is also a great recruiter and develops talent well. If he was still at Northern Illinois, I don't think people would want him here so much.

how long until someone says "they weren't so great against Auburn?"

Frost isn't being unreasonable here. Nebraska is desperate on the offensive side of the ball. Frost has a sweet job -- he doesn't need to make a lateral move. He's loved where he is, he's making good money, Nike can always provide more money, and Oregon is (frankly) a more successful and stable program than is Nebraska at the moment. Pelini got a coordinator position here in 2003 without any better resume than Frost's, by my judgment.

100% agree.

Frost is an excellent young coach who was a NC qb here. Do what you gotta do TO/Bo.....grab him!

This statement from Frost's dad doesn't surprise me at all. They are a very "entitled" family. I could give several personal examples.

Two things. . .Scott wasn't offered the OC for obvious reasons but he's been offered a fair position and plenty of opportunity. This will probably be his last chance to come back unless its many years down the line. There is a thought among the department and boosters that Frost would come here work his way up to OC and then possibly be Bo's replacement some day. Frost has worked or played for some of the best coaches in the business in both college and the NFL. He'll be a very hot name in 2-3 years no matter where he coaches. But really only one path gets him to his goal of being the head coach at UNL. He just has to be humble in this instance. If he does he'll have a chance to learn from one of the best defensive minds and well as one of the better offensive minds out there in EW. Remember some people are meant to be coordinators and not the head cheese. EW is one of those guys.

I think a lot of progress was made yesterday afternoon. They'll be more today. I also think its interesting how the story is getting covered. Its a very different tone at the Journal Star then at the OWH. And the latter is trying to spoon feed ESPN. Don't be surprised in spring ball and next fall at the difference in access between the two papers. The owh has been told as much and they're pissed. They need to remember it works both ways. They want Bo to play nice...maybe they should try the same.

Frost isn't being unreasonable here. Nebraska is desperate on the offensive side of the ball. Frost has a sweet job -- he doesn't need to make a lateral move. He's loved where he is, he's making good money, Nike can always provide more money, and Oregon is (frankly) a more successful and stable program than is Nebraska at the moment. Pelini got a coordinator position here in 2003 without any better resume than Frost's, by my judgment.

100% agree.

Frost is an excellent young coach who was a NC qb here. Do what you gotta do TO/Bo.....grab him!

Frost and Bubba S are 2 peas in a pod, neither one is coming!

100% agree.

Frost and Bubba S are 2 peas in a pod, neither one is coming!

Okay...?

Bo's aquarium guy's Dad may no longer be with the team. Rumors are it is not an aquatic issue and as far as news out of the athletic department BAGD (Bo's aquarium guy's Dad) is still an employee of the department. however an advertisement in the local paper stated.... "For hire.... someone who is knowlegeable in the health and well being of salt water fish, who is able to keep secrets and is able to diagram offensive plays in spread formations should apply at www. helpbofigureitout.com...

I just peed myself! I give you the smart arse post of the week award. Great job.

Edit I want to add my thoughts on frost:

SF runs the scheme we want to run - pro

Attitude and energy fit the program - pro

recruiting ability - pro

WR coach (which we truly need help) - pro

Inexperienced - con

unproven - con

may not have as much insight to the offense as some would think - con

may not be as good of recruiter as SW - con

I'm pretty 50-50 on SF. If it happens I know it will be because Bo believes he can handle the job. If not then I trust it is for the best

This statement from Frost's dad doesn't surprise me at all. They are a very "entitled" family. I could give several personal examples.

Two things. . .Scott wasn't offered the OC for obvious reasons but he's been offered a fair position and plenty of opportunity. This will probably be his last chance to come back unless its many years down the line. There is a thought among the department and boosters that Frost would come here work his way up to OC and then possibly be Bo's replacement some day. Frost has worked or played for some of the best coaches in the business in both college and the NFL. He'll be a very hot name in 2-3 years no matter where he coaches. But really only one path gets him to his goal of being the head coach at UNL. He just has to be humble in this instance. If he does he'll have a chance to learn from one of the best defensive minds and well as one of the better offensive minds out there in EW. Remember some people are meant to be coordinators and not the head cheese. EW is one of those guys.

I think a lot of progress was made yesterday afternoon. They'll be more today. I also think its interesting how the story is getting covered. Its a very different tone at the Journal Star then at the OWH. And the latter is trying to spoon feed ESPN. Don't be surprised in spring ball and next fall at the difference in access between the two papers. The owh has been told as much and they're pissed. They need to remember it works both ways. They want Bo to play nice...maybe they should try the same.

How would you describe the tone at the LJS? if I had to guess, just thinking of the authors involved (Shatel being at OWH, Sip at LJS), the LJS stuff would more indicate the company line.

Very interesting stuff.

Got to sting for Tim Beck, then? How are these numbers working out here. We lost 2, gained 2 on the defensive staff. Seems like we're losing two, gaining two on offense too. But if Sardines has an OL specialty, then either WR or QB or RB is going to be doubled up on someone. Odd.

Everyone, don't forget Scott's single most important skillset here. If NCAA football listed assistant coaches, he would have a high 90s rating in 'pulling back players/coaches from post game freakouts'. On this staff, it's not just a plus, it's a necessity!

How would you describe the tone at the LJS? if I had to guess, just thinking of the authors involved (Shatel being at OWH, Sip at LJS), the LJS stuff would more indicate the company line.

Very interesting stuff.

Got to sting for Tim Beck, then? How are these numbers working out here. We lost 2, gained 2 on the defensive staff. Seems like we're losing two, gaining two on offense too. But if Sardines has an OL specialty, then either WR or QB or RB is going to be doubled up on someone. Odd.

Everyone, don't forget Scott's single most important skillset here. If NCAA football listed assistant coaches, he would have a high 90s rating in 'pulling back players/coaches from post game freakouts'. On this staff, it's not just a plus, it's a necessity!

Sip isn't afraid to ask the questions of Bo but he's not going to try to make him look like an idiot or liar or get a negative reaction from him. Having a Journalism background there is a way to conduct an interview and create a rapport with people and a way to make them feel attacked. You use the approach you want for your story. OWH is out to be a drudge report type and LJS is out to create a relationship that gives them full access to UNL which in turn will gain them readership and make them long term $$$$$$$. Rather than short term. Having worked for the OWH and been a manager there I have very little respect for the newsroom or their upper management the past 10 years. That's part of the reason I took a different job and left them.

As far as Beck. When Bo leaves he goes with him. And in all honest if he becomes OC and his offense works hes probably gone within 3 years to a head coaching gig or someplace he can make bank becasue we're not going to shell out $800,000 to an OC.

Sounds like Frost didn't return Bo's call last night after the last offer. Must be getting the $$$$$$$ offer from Nike and getting in thight with the big dog.

To be clear, I'm not knocking on the LJS approach here. Just trying to glean a hint from what they are reporting. LJS reported on Els, for example, and also aired some stuff after the Miami incident suggesting Bo was unhappy with the public whipping he got after A&M. Thanks for the info. I wouldn't blame Frost for not coming here yet, but it stings a bit. Keeping hopes up.