Frost/Warinner

I would actually be pretty disappointed if we hired anyone except Frost for oc/co oc. Not saying that nobody else can get the job done but I think a combination of his recruiting ties, his experience actually playing the game around some of the greatest minds and him actually coming from the offense that we are trying to merge to. Like the Mcweon article said-if you want Oregons offense you go after someone who is on Oregons staff. Warriner definitely wouldn't be a slam dunk or sexy hire in any way.

For the folks hating on Frost, what in the world do you expect? You think he should take a move to co-oc where he'll be publicly accountable for the offense's performance, but not have actual control over it? Why in the world would he stake his reputation to something that isn't his when he can stay in Oregon and let his reputation continue to grow as Chip Kelly's offenses continue to succeed?

The people expecting Frost to come back just because he's from Nebraska is just as bad as wanting him to come back just because he's from Nebraska. He's got a good job, he's got no reason to make a lateral move, and people are calling him greedy? All he's saying is that he wants a real promotion (not just a title bump). That's not asking for too much, or being greedy, it's perfectly reasonable.

Bo's not being unreasonable by looking for someone with some coordinating experience, and Frost isn't being unreasonable by looking for real responsibilities more than he has now. If it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out, there's no need to blame either side.

• Fire 3

I disagree with that part. If you want Oregon's offense, you get Chip Kelly.

If we can't get Frost, I suggest we go after Tony Dews.

Chip Kelly is unavailable, and hiring Scott Frost because of his knowledge of that offensive system and how that program is run is completely reasonable. Nobody thinks that Frost is going to work magic when he arrives, but throwing out any ties to the people he has worked with over the course of his football career, especially the last two years, is unfair.

FWIW, Ed Warinner has his own instructional video series.

Personally I'd be thrilled to have Warinner on staff whether in OL or OC capacity. His OL experience dates back to 1987 while he also has 5 years of OC experience at two different schools (Army '97-'98 & Kansas '07-'09).

I'm not opposed to Frost coming here either in whatever capacity. Some people are a quick study and for all we know Frost knows Chip's offensive tendencies like the back of his hand? It sounds like Oregon is willing to do whatever to keep Frost up there which is a compliment to his abilities as a coach. I'm sure his upside is through the roof.

In the end I'd be happy with either Warinner or Frost in a co-OC capacity. My guess is Beck will be the other co-OC. He was always rumored to be the next OC when Watson left.

:lol: @ Barney taking marching orders from anyone.

Based on what? Yeah, that's what I thought....."nothing".

Sorry zoogies but your fluffball WCO is dead and buried. RIP. Bo is going with a "run first" offense and we'll soon have an OC who understands how important running the ball is. Barney will be gone if he doesn't perform but his odds of success have increased greatly. We'll see....

Things have gotten really quiet suddenly around here. Good or bad take it for what its worth. I've not seen or hear anyone talking about a presser. Hmmm.

Thats because they don't have anyone hired yet. Too many ifs going on right now. Its like trying to build a team of lawyers to go to a murder trial and everyone wants to sit first chair because its available. You have to stroke some egos and then figure out a way to tell them you need them for research or one witness and do it in a way that doesn't piss them off so much they tell you to go fck yourself. You feel like you truly need all of them to win the case so its a process that takes some time.

Just like now. Its probably 10% Frost comes here. There are reportedly two key people that are going to talk to him again but that only gets us to 50%.

Yesterday I thought this would be all done today or early Sunday and by Monday morning we'd be ready to let it out of the bag. After today as of 2 hours ago I think Friday might be a stretch.

Personally I'd be thrilled to have Warinner on staff whether in OL or OC capacity. His OL experience dates back to 1987 while he also has 5 years of OC experience at two different schools (Army '97-'98 & Kansas '07-'09).

I'm not opposed to Frost coming here either in whatever capacity. Some people are a quick study and for all we know Frost knows Chip's offensive tendencies like the back of his hand? It sounds like Oregon is willing to do whatever to keep Frost up there which is a compliment to his abilities as a coach. I'm sure his upside is through the roof.

In the end I'd be happy with either Warinner or Frost in a co-OC capacity. My guess is Beck will be the other co-OC. He was always rumored to be the next OC when Watson left.

I've heard from one person he's out of the mix but hes not my strongest person when it comes to knowing things like this. Still he's close enough to the program its probably better than 50/50.

Things have gotten really quiet suddenly around here. Good or bad take it for what its worth. I've not seen or hear anyone talking about a presser. Hmmm.

Thats because they don't have anyone hired yet. Too many ifs going on right now. Its like trying to build a team of lawyers to go to a murder trial and everyone wants to sit first chair because its available. You have to stroke some egos and then figure out a way to tell them you need them for research or one witness and do it in a way that doesn't piss them off so much they tell you to go fck yourself. You feel like you truly need all of them to win the case so its a process that takes some time.

Just like now. Its probably 10% Frost comes here. There are reportedly two key people that are going to talk to him again but that only gets us to 50%.

Yesterday I thought this would be all done today or early Sunday and by Monday morning we'd be ready to let it out of the bag. After today as of 2 hours ago I think Friday might be a stretch.

You've got to think that sitting nice and close to Dr. Tom for a half hour would make you see the light.

For the folks hating on Frost, what in the world do you expect? You think he should take a move to co-oc where he'll be publicly accountable for the offense's performance, but not have actual control over it? Why in the world would he stake his reputation to something that isn't his when he can stay in Oregon and let his reputation continue to grow as Chip Kelly's offenses continue to succeed?

The people expecting Frost to come back just because he's from Nebraska is just as bad as wanting him to come back just because he's from Nebraska. He's got a good job, he's got no reason to make a lateral move, and people are calling him greedy? All he's saying is that he wants a real promotion (not just a title bump). That's not asking for too much, or being greedy, it's perfectly reasonable.

Bo's not being unreasonable by looking for someone with some coordinating experience, and Frost isn't being unreasonable by looking for real responsibilities more than he has now. If it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out, there's no need to blame either side.

I blame you if Frost doesn't come here. You and no one else. :angry:

You've got to think that sitting nice and close to Dr. Tom for a half hour would make you see the light.

Ask the 3rd district of Nebraska how they feel about Tom. I think you'll get a light bulb that runs a little dimmer.

I've heard from one person he's out of the mix but hes not my strongest person when it comes to knowing things like this. Still he's close enough to the program its probably better than 50/50.

Who is out of the mix?

Who is out of the mix?

EW

Who is out of the mix?

EW

Thanks. They couldn't string this along any further could they? :sarcasm