Most impressed with todays win....Your thoughts

:thumbs

Okay guys, I haven't been replying lately, but I have been readin'.

I am a high school football coach who has had many successful seasons, but this year, we have a "little" talent and we are gettin' smoked....Consequently, I am geting drug under the bus by guys who "Think" they know football....

Now with that said, I get my shot to question BC ( :smokin )

Knowing that he definately knows a hell of alot more than I

What a great win yesterday !!!! We couldn't have aksed for a better "improvement" of offensive yardage production..... and the blackshirts did a good job of pressuring Meyer.

Now, I am still not expecting 8-3, 7-4, etc.....

The jury is still out

REASONS:

1. You need to RUN the ball effectively, regardless of what the defense is giving you. Yes, it worked yesterday, but if only 1-2 of those key catches hit the ground, the results would be different.

2. The blackshirts did a nice job, but remember that ISU didn't have Hicks. He is a very good player, and that made ISU pretty one-deminsional....What would have happened if the D couldn't pin back their ears and come hard like they did.

3. We do not have a consistant kicking game....Yes, Koch is great....but Congdon, although his % is okay, has missed 3 very big FGA..... and This is TWICE in the last two games that we have kicked the damn ball out of bounce after BIG score !!!!!

4. I love Ross, but where is Lucky.... will this kid stay around if we are only going to run the ball a "handful" of times..... He can easily see how his hometown Trojans are using

reggie bush (Heisman)....and Lucky could transfer and "redshirt" and not lose eligibiltiy.... only because BC has WASTED his redshirt..... How about Cody Glenn, watsted "shirt".... Insided the 10 a few times...and never see him.....only 3-4 carries this year????

ross didn't leave when he did not get the start as a frosh, so Lucky and Glenn need to be patient. reggie bush and a handful of others are unusual as newcomers to get to start as 1st year guys, adrian petersen another rarity........if these guys are smart (Lucky & Glenn) , they know why Ross starts ahead of them, think about it.......if they gel and play well as soph., juniors and seniors, would they expect a new "kid" to come in and start ahead of them? only if he was damn good and earned it in practice....i am tired of hearing about how all these 1 st year guys should be guaranteed playing time as recruits.......it is like everything should be, you come in and earn your playing time, not be given it! if they walk, let 'em walk......

hunter

:thumbs

Okay guys, I haven't been replying lately, but I have been readin'.

I am a high school football coach who has had many successful seasons, but this year, we have a "little" talent and we are gettin' smoked....Consequently, I am geting drug under the bus by guys who "Think" they know football....

Now with that said, I get my shot to question BC ( :smokin )

Knowing that he definately knows a hell of alot more than I

What a great win yesterday !!!!  We couldn't have aksed for a better "improvement" of offensive yardage production..... and the blackshirts did a good job of pressuring Meyer.

Now, I am still not expecting 8-3, 7-4, etc.....

The jury is still out

REASONS:

1.  You need to RUN the ball effectively, regardless of what the defense is giving you.  Yes, it worked yesterday, but if only 1-2 of those key catches hit the ground, the results would be different.

2.  The blackshirts did a nice job, but remember that ISU didn't have Hicks.  He is a very good player, and that made ISU pretty one-deminsional....What would have happened if the D couldn't pin back their ears and come hard like they did.

3.  We do not have a consistant kicking game....Yes, Koch is great....but Congdon, although his % is okay, has missed 3 very big FGA..... and This is TWICE in the last two games that we have kicked the damn ball out of bounce after BIG score !!!!!

4.    I love Ross, but where is Lucky.... will this kid stay around if we are only going to run the ball a "handful" of times..... He can easily see how his hometown Trojans are using

reggie bush (Heisman)....and Lucky could transfer and "redshirt" and not lose eligibiltiy.... only because BC has WASTED his redshirt..... How about Cody Glenn, watsted "shirt".... Insided the 10 a few times...and never see him.....only 3-4 carries this year????

ross didn't leave when he did not get the start as a frosh, so Lucky and Glenn need to be patient. reggie bush and a handful of others are unusual as newcomers to get to start as 1st year guys, adrian petersen another rarity........if these guys are smart (Lucky & Glenn) , they know why Ross starts ahead of them, think about it.......if they gel and play well as soph., juniors and seniors, would they expect a new "kid" to come in and start ahead of them? only if he was damn good and earned it in practice....i am tired of hearing about how all these 1 st year guys should be guaranteed playing time as recruits.......it is like everything should be, you come in and earn your playing time, not be given it! if they walk, let 'em walk......

hunter

I totally agree! Lucky and Glenn need to understand that, as long as Ross is producing the way that he is, they will see little playing time. Many of these new recruits need understand that when games are this close, they will play sparingly at best. They need to play the best and most reliable players to win games, not play young recruits to keep them from transferring.

They need to play the best and most reliable players to win games, not play young recruits to keep them from transferring.

You hit it there!

I think another reason for a freshman to see limited time is conditioning and learning the system. There are exceptions as some freshman do see alot of playing time, but most freshman, no matter how good they are, will be better after hitting the gym and learning the playbook front to back. From what I have heard the "Husker Playbook" is very large and more complex than the norm for college ball.

I'm very impressed by the win! The game was not televised here in Ohio, but by some wonderful accident, my husband found ESPN Game Plan allows you to buy single games! What a game! The really looked like a team and seemed to have more maturity and a "togetherness" than in recent games. They all did a good job! I liked the B****** idea, but wish it could have been just the students section. How did the tailgate party go? Wish we could have been there!