Bo's renovation done + Policy may delay coaching announcement 'til Feb. 17th

Nexus

Oh no's it's an Omaha reference...better take it seriously. (insert sarcasm). If the hoopla is over thank god, if not then they better get a hurry on it. Practice starts soon and the coaches clinic is in march. I need to know who I'll be talking to lol. I'll admit barney was a good guy and knew what he wanted to do it just didn't translate to the field.

I hope this doesn’t mean that we will do that stupid get lined up make a call and then turn around to the sideline for either a play change or the go ahead like all those stupid Big 12 teams. I hate watching OU, OSU, Mizzou, Oregon, Auburn, and Texas play for this reason alone. Whatever happened to the days of the QB making the play change at the line of scrimmage after reading the defense?

I hope this doesn’t mean that we will do that stupid get lined up make a call and then turn around to the sideline for either a play change or the go ahead like all those stupid Big 12 teams. I hate watching OU, OSU, Mizzou, Oregon, Auburn, and Texas play for this reason alone. Whatever happened to the days of the QB making the play change at the line of scrimmage after reading the defense?

Look at the teams you just mentioned and their success in the last 5 years, and I think you'll have your answer.

Look at the teams you just mentioned and their success in the last 5 years, and I think you'll have your answer.

I get that. That still doesn’t change the fact that I hate the micromanaging of the offense that goes on in the college game. I really hate when they know they aren’t changing the play yet they still do the whole let’s pretend to look at the sideline thing. Just snap the ball already.

FWIW: I think USC during its run allowed its QB’s to make the play changes at the line of scrimmage. Tommie, Frost, Crouch, Lord, Taylor, and Ganz all did it.

I don't like the look-at-the-sideline thing either, but I'll gladly get over my dislike if it becomes an ingredient in a productive offense.

One thing to note is, that method of running an offense is predicated on getting the play in quickly - one of my biggest gripes over the last few years. If we simply get the play in and get the guys lined up with 12-15 seconds left on the play clock, that'll be an improvement.

This is certainly something that Taylor was not equipped to do. One of his weaknesses, I guess. I'm not sure why all those other teams didn't do this, but I wasn't paying attention.

Did Lee do this last year? I seem to remember that he did at least a little. At least he has gotten some credit for knowing when to check to a different play, or maybe that's just in comparison to Taylor.

Two things. Is it normal for a head coach to secure a position for a soon to be ex-coach ? ALso, I don't see that Cotton's going anywhere.

I think that is a super classy move calling around trying to get your guy who doesn't fit the change in philosophy a job. I've had to let folks go that have worked for me because they didn't fit the change we are making and have done the same thing. One thing it does it keep the rumors from killing a guys career. You get the straight facts from the guy who's making the change.

• Fire 1

Beck is all about the ground and pound, this is the way we need to go.

Where are people getting this assumption from? Is it because he coached Running Backs here? Isn’t his time at KU as WR coach/passing game coordinator? Did he run the ball all the time at Missouri State or when he was coaching High School in Texas?

Everything I’ve seen points towards a spread’em out fast pace offense. Not a ground and pound style.