ESPN Q&A With Rex Burkhead

Adam Rittenberg needs to slow down and pace himself, or he'll run out of material before we get to March. :koolaid2:

ESPN Link

Of note:

What are your goals individually going forward? You played a big role last year and you guys lose Roy [Helu Jr.]. Where do you see yourself fitting in?

RB: I want to especially lift up the leadership role. That's a big thing. The coaching staff kind of put that on my shoulders this offseason as well. That's my biggest goal, to step up and say things when things need to be said and hold other guys accountable and make sure they're holding me accountable as well.

One of the issues from season seemed to be a lack of team leadership. Rex seems to be the type of kid we want to step up, especially at such a critical point in 'Husker football.

I want to especially lift up the leadership role. That's a big thing. The coaching staff kind of put that on my shoulders this offseason as well. That's my biggest goal, to step up and say things when things need to be said and hold other guys accountable and make sure they're holding me accountable as well.

I like it.

Out of all of that, I like this response the most.

I know you didn't end last season the way you wanted to. What has been the mood around the team as you go through your winter program?

RB: We've had a really good winter so far. The guys, we came back and started even a week early. The guys have been really motivated. Especially after that loss, you get a bad taste in your mouth, so the guys have been really determined. We're working hard out and coach [James] Dobson, our strength coach, he's getting us prepared.

True motivation. Just hope they don't get wore out from it.