Had Dinner w/ TO

Hujan

Congrats on your meeting.

What program are you using to attach your photo? Photobucket is really good if you have it.

Thanks. Was just trying to use the "Attachments" feature here on HuskerBoard. I clicked "Choose File," found it on my computer, then clicked "Attach This File." It showed up as an attachment, but when I clicked "Add Reply," it wasn't there. Tried editing it and it didn't show either.

I don't have any of the online hosting things, but would gladly send it off to anyone who does.

We Nebraska fans are so lucky to have a great man like TO. 99% percent of universities have never had a TO and probably never will. I feel bad for Bo, those are giant shoes to fill.

Many years ago I was in Lincoln on a Friday afternoon and stopped to see the stadium (had just put in FieldTurf). Gates were open so I walked in and strolled around the stadium a bit. I sat down in the South end zone to hang out as it was a nice late Spring day, and then someone came jogging in through the North end zone entrance coming my way. It was TO. He stopped when he got to me to ask if he could help me with anything, we exchanged a few pleasantries, and then he went on his jogging way. Nice guy, class act.

Man, that would be so cool to just walk on in the stadium like you own it and hang out there or run around for a bit. I hear stories this is how it used to be, until 9-11 and then certain precautions were taken because of that and now it's heavily secure, especially in the North end-zone?

I had a similar experience during my only trip to Memorial when I was a kid. I was about 9 or 10, just walked right up with my dad who was showing me the stadium that he had grown up going to and Kris Brown is kicking field goals with kicking tees. We hang out for a bit, walk around and then as we're walking out he packs his equipment up and walks out of the stadium with us. I was at Alabama's stadium a couple of summers ago and walked right into the stadium, on the field and actually used the bathroom. On the other hand, I know at UGA's field, if someone, somehow gets into the stadium when its locked up, an alarm goes off. I guess it is all about the school's preferences.

Congrats on your meeting.

What program are you using to attach your photo? Photobucket is really good if you have it.

Thanks. Was just trying to use the "Attachments" feature here on HuskerBoard. I clicked "Choose File," found it on my computer, then clicked "Attach This File." It showed up as an attachment, but when I clicked "Add Reply," it wasn't there. Tried editing it and it didn't show either.

I don't have any of the online hosting things, but would gladly send it off to anyone who does.

After you hit "Attach This File" over on the right hand side you have to click on "add to post"

Cool story!

Intersting, Hujan. They did the same alumi event out here in Phoenix about a year ago. It was neat to be able to listen to Matt, Tommy, and TO, but didn't actually get to talk with Tom. It was also cool to see other "old timers" as I was sitting two rows in front of Bill Glassford and Charlie McBride was there too.

It was the first time I met Matt. It was kind of funny. I'm not an unfriendly person, but I'm also not big on starting small talk with strangers. Anyway, I'm standing in front of one of the Valentinos set-ups and this voice behind me makes a comment in my direction about Valentinos being his favorite. Was just going to ignore it, but the familiarity of the voice hits me and I realize its Matt. When I get the chance, I like to let people know when they've provided entertainment value in my life. I turned around, shook his hand, and thanked him for his radio work and "the catch". He was appreciative. We exchanged a couple of other pleasantries then went are separate ways.

Thanks for sharing and sparking the memory.

After you hit "Attach This File" over on the right hand side you have to click on "add to post"

Cool story!

Thanks! That did the trick. Never even saw that option, but worked like a charm.

Hujan, good summary. I was there, but didn't get to sit by Dr. Tom. Did get to shake his hand and take a photo.

To bad Bo wasn't there. I think my wife was more upset than I was (she didn't know about all the coaching changes)

GBR!!!

Nice! That picture is sweet! You got the alumni logo in the background and everything. Nicely done! Yeah, I'd wished Bo was there too. But as I said, I went into it knowing he wouldn't show. My GF thinks I'm Nostradamus for telling her on the way from San Diego I didn't think he'd come with all the coaching stuff going on.

I am never washing that hand!

Posted the photo for you. Congrats!

to.jpg

Hilarious!