One more coach?

lionsfan93

Now I'm sure that I am wrong, but I feel like we are still missing one coach.

Offensive Coordinator-Tim Beck

QBs Coach-Tim Beck(?)

Rbs Coach-Tim Beck(?)

WRs Coach-Rich Fisher

TEs Coach-Ron Brown

OL Coach-Barney Cotton and Jon Garrison

Defensive Coordinator-Carl Pelini

DL Coach-Carl Pelini and John Papuchis

LBs Coach-Ross Els

Secondary Coach-Corey Raymond

Am I missing something/someone or is Beck really going to be both the RBs and QBs coach while being the offensive coordinator?

Well, a lot of people seem to think that Fisher will be the RB coach and that Brown will bump out to coach the WR's and either keep the TE's as well or somehow Cotton will wind up coaching them. That would leave either Beck with the same duties as Wats (QB/OC) or someone like Ganz coaching the QB's.

Having Brown bump out to WR's may be wishful thinking, unfortunately. No solid news yet... although Sean Callahan seems to think Bo is still interviewing for another position on the offensive staff.

Well, a lot of people seem to think that Fisher will be the RB coach and that Brown will bump out to coach the WR's and either keep the TE's as well or somehow Cotton will wind up coaching them. That would leave either Beck with the same duties as Wats (QB/OC) or someone like Ganz coaching the QB's.

Having Brown bump out to WR's may be wishful thinking, unfortunately. No solid news yet... although Sean Callahan seems to think Bo is still interviewing for another position on the offensive staff.

I'm think I'm gonna side with Callahan. I heard Brendan Hall on unsportsmanlike conduct talk about Fisher coaching the WRs. But I guess we will all find out February 17!

Well, IIRC, there is a 9 assistant coach limit, 1 Head Coach (obviously), and 2 Graduate Assistants. I count 9 with the current staff. So we can't hire another guy, unless a guy like Garrison is going to be a GA. I'm guessing Ron Brown covers WR's and TE's, with Ganz and Ross Watson as the GA's, as somebody said earlier.

Lets hope the coach can pass on info to the public ASAP assuming that is what the meeting is about. BTW I think this new staff deserves a proper announcement I think to not do it would be rude to them and the public. I memo to the press would be BS, of course right now I am arguing a point that does not exist.

Did anyone hear anything out of yesterday's team meeting? As much as anyone says that it wouldn't be right to not do a formal introduction for the new staff members, I wouldn't doubt that it would go down that way. It's not like this whole ordeal has been fan/media friendly. Oh well, I guess in the end we will all just have to wait it out and see how things play out next fall!

Did anyone hear anything out of yesterday's team meeting? As much as anyone says that it wouldn't be right to not do a formal introduction for the new staff members, I wouldn't doubt that it would go down that way. It's not like this whole ordeal has been fan/media friendly. Oh well, I guess in the end we will all just have to wait it out and see how things play out next fall!

I think its been very reasonable. I mean. . .lets say you say you beat dog and got arrested for running a dog fighting ring. You had a conduct clause in your contract. Would you rather have everyone in the news talking about it or let it be on your terms where you could resign for personal reasons? Or you're told you do a good job as a welder but were going in a different direction with your position because we need a framer. Do you want to be looking for a job without one and have everyone really question why you're not there "because you know you probably stole some one's tools" or be able to say you're still employed but its ending soon so I need a new opportunity?

Or would you like to be interviewing for a job and have it leaked to everyone in the world know you applied were passed over or that couldn't agree to terms and have the person interviewing telling everyone why it didn't work? And now you have to go to work Monday with your current boss pissed and questioning your loyalty. I know I'd want the interview handled on my terms. Frost was as public as it got and his boss knew he needed to look at this opportunity. Everyone else we learned out after they had the job.

We don't have a right to know. We all want to know, but there isn't a state law that says its public information so we shouldn't expect it. We'll get a time when everything is announced just like it would be in the real world.