Valentine's Day - The Real Story

The Great St. Valentine's Day Poll  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We all know Valentine's day in its current incarnation is some bogus holiday created by evil men in $700 suits as a means to separate you from the cash in your wallet.

That doesn't mean that, just because we know this, that we don't participate in it. In some way.

I did. I bought cards and candy and cleverly hid them for surprise findings to the delight of the women in my life. Most of you did, too, whether you wanted to or not.

What I want to know is, why? Why did you cave to the smarmiest holiday in history? Were you hopelessly smitten by true love, were you trying to make your girl laugh, were you conforming to societal mores, were you being snarky and sarcastic, or were you just trying to get laid?

Out with it. What's your story?

Note - be honest. It's not a public poll, and nobody will know what you voted.

Hallmark holiday. It reminds me of that Simpsons episode where they all celebrate "Love Day," buy a ton of crap, and immediately chuck it all into the garbage.

I love my wife, but I'm not going to profess that love by waiting outside the Olive Garden for 2 hours in the middle of Febuary.

I didn't get my wife V-Day because I hate Valentine's day. Everybody expects something on Valentine's day where is the fun in that. I rather surprise my wife with gifts or flowers on some random day than a stupid day like Valentine's day. I'm glad that her birthday is 6 days before V-Day.