Cody Glenn

I agree that Glenn will play more as the year goes on. I tend not to question those (like the Husker coaching staff) who obviously know more than me about why Glenn is playing and why he is not; but that's just me. Sure, there are a lot of players that I would like to see play and/or play more (Beck, Roark, Lucky, L. Jackson, Glenn, etc.), but also feel they should be played at the right time and I trust the coaches to make those decisions. It does not matter if I think that they are right or not, they have more than an opinion to back-up their decisions.

Looks like a wasted year of eligibility to me. Yank off a redshirt for 4 carries then not even use him in the situations he excels in. As an A&M fan I had to watch R.C. do this a number of times, including L'tydrick Riley, and its no good. For Cody's sake I hope the coaches wake up and realize what they've done.

I agree that Glenn will play more as the year goes on. I tend not to question those (like the Husker coaching staff) who obviously know more than me about why Glenn is playing and why he is not; but that's just me. Sure, there are a lot of players that I would like to see play and/or play more (Beck, Roark, Lucky, L. Jackson, Glenn, etc.), but also feel they should be played at the right time and I trust the coaches to make those decisions. It does not matter if I think that they are right or not, they have more than an opinion to back-up their decisions.

I think he will pla more as the season goes on, I agree with Redman. BUt thin about the game and situation. It was close the whole game, I personally didn't want the ball in anyone elses hands other than Ross or Taylor. PLus we ran a few plays up the middle and there was simply no push by the line. I think in a few years people will be doing interviews with Glenn, Dillard, Beck and they will all tell us how frustrating it was to sit, but how now they know they weren't ready for play. ;)

Speaking as someone who knows Cody quite well it is hard for me from being overly bias when it come to hime. As previously posted about him looking back in three years and knowing he was'nt ready to play as a freshman I totally disagreebut is only my opinion. And maybe if he does play in the next few weeks and does a great job at running the ball and we all can say I told you so coach. But then if he doesn't do a great job then coach C. knows exactly what he is doing. The problem for all of us who know Cody and know what he can do on the field it is very, very hard to swallow. If given the chance he will show all of you what he can do. But the bottom line is Coach is in charge. Hopefully he doesn't regret his choice. Congrats on a great win the defense played well as usual and the offense looked good passing the ball.

IMO too much is being made on the playing status of several freshman.

we all know that this O has struggled all year. finally in game 4 things start clicking. i don't know, but I think the coaches made the the right call. YOU STICK WITH WHATS WORKING. put in new players and the timing may have suffered big time.

i seriously doubt that cally and co will just blatantly waste a redshirt year for any of these freshman. they will see more playing time as the year progresses and the situations present themselves...just be patient.

Speaking as someone who knows Cody quite well it is hard for me from being overly bias when it come to hime. As previously posted about him looking back in three years and knowing he was'nt ready to play as a freshman I totally disagreebut is only my opinion. And maybe if he does play in the next few weeks and does a great job at running the ball and we all can say I told you so coach. But then if he doesn't do a great job then coach C. knows exactly what he is doing. The problem for all of us who know Cody and know what he can do on the field it is very, very hard to swallow. If given the chance he will show all of you what he can do. But the bottom line is Coach is in charge. Hopefully he doesn't regret his choice. Congrats on a great win the defense played well as usual and the offense looked good passing the ball.

i know how you feel........but you gotta believe we would not waste a talent when the O is struggling........the WCO is a complicated thing and their is alot more to it than just rushing the football........i think it is really the reason glenn and lucky have not played much to date........but every week they should be getting better, learning more, becoming more comfortable in there......actually you want them, when they hit the field the first time, to LOOK like they should have been in there the whole time.......they are learning in practice what they need to know on gameday

hunter

The only thing I want to add...

Solich had an affinity for playing people he thought were "good people" or "tough kids" rather than the most talented. The one that always steams me is when he played Alexander over Buckhalter. And more recently... Josh Davis. Why he was in the game, I never could figure out.

I know that Ross is a great player... he's a playmaker, but in short yardage situations, he just doesn't have that up-the-middle oomph.