Home Stretch

I laid out the remaining schedules for the Big XII teams in an attempt to figure out who Nebraska should pull for simply to come out on top in this log jam. I figured there might be someone else out there wondering the same thing and since I already went through the work there's no sense in them doing it also. Here are the remaining schedules:

UT...11-1..(vISU @CU vKSU @BU)

KU...10-2..(vOSU @OU vaTm @MU)

aTm..8-4...(vOU @BU @KU vTT)

MU...7-5...(vBU @KSU @NU vKU)

NU...6-6...(vKSU @ISU vMU @CU)

KSU..6-6...(@NU vMU @UT vISU)

BU...6-6...(@MU vaTm @OSU vUT)

CU...5-7...(@TT vUT @ISU vNU)

OSU..4-8...(@KU vTT vBU @OU)

OU...4-8...(@aTm vKU @TT vOSU)

TT...4-8...(vCU @OSU vOU @aTm)

ISU..1-11..(@UT vNU vCU @KSU)

I haven't looked through it real hard yet, but at a glance it still looks pretty cloudy and a lot of different teams can make significant moves depending on what happens.

• Fire 1

+1 ya for the effort made backer.

However, the answer to your question is very simple.

1. The Huskers. Aa you said in another thread the BOB needs to be packed the final two home games. None of the games left a re easy by any means. One could say the trip to Ames could be as they are depleted and tired, but they just gave Mizzou all they wanted and more, and there is still the road effect with this team. Every game will be a struggle for NU and each is VERY important. So let's start with Cats on Wednesday, and hope the turnovers are down this time.

2. The teams if all goes well for the Huskers in their games. You need to become, and a lot of people will hate it, Texas and KU fans. They both play teams that are in the logjam with NU. Also teams that tey are playing won't get killed in the RPI for losing to the Horns and Hawks, thus not killing NU's RPI(which can use all the help iit can get).

Like I said though, it starts with NU first and there can be no egg laying at this moment.

Thinking out loud here, but I believe this is the way NU fans should root the next few days:

Tonight: KU over OSU. A few places have OSU and not NU on the bubble, a win at KU only furthers that talk.

Tuesday: Texas over ISU. Need Texas to stay as highly rated as possible.

Wednesday:

CU @ TTech - I'm not sure on this one. My original thought was CU so they look as good as possible when NU heads there for the final game, BUT if CU would somehow beat Texas at home, they have an easy rest of the schedule and could go 4-0 which would jump them ahead of NU in conference play. Still, I'm going to assume Texas will beat them so I'll say root for CU in this one. EDIT: I guess CU winning out would not jump them over NU if NU goes 3-1 as ties are broken by overall record, so I guess that definitely means I'm pulling for CU.

OU @ aTm - Another head scratcher. Theoretically, NU could pass up aTm in league standings; NU wins out and aTm drops games at Baylor and at KU (both very possible). However, I think it's probably in NU's best interest that aTm keeps winning, so I'll pull for the Aggies.

KSU @ NU - duh

Baylor @ Mizzou - Neither one of these teams will win out (most likely). If you're looking strictly at Big XII standings, you would root for Baylor in this one. It'd even up NU and Mizzou's records, thus beating Mizzou would jump NU in front of them and Baylor has too tough of a schedule to win out so they'd add a loss breaking the record tie with NU. However, in terms of the bubble, I think you need Mizzou to win. Everyone has them in the tourney anyway, so a win over Baylor knocks Baylor out of NU's way most likely and keeps Mizzou's status up for when they come to Lincoln.

I've had about 20 different opinions on each of these games, but this is where I'm at right now. I'm really curious, what do you HB Bracketologists think?

Thinking out loud here, but I believe this is the way NU fans should root the next few days:

Tonight: KU over OSU. A few places have OSU and not NU on the bubble, a win at KU only furthers that talk.

Wednesday:

CU @ TTech - I'm not sure on this one. My original thought was CU so they look as good as possible when NU heads there for the final game, BUT if CU would somehow beat Texas at home, they have an easy rest of the schedule and could go 4-0 which would jump them ahead of NU in conference play. Still, I'm going to assume Texas will beat them so I'll say root for CU in this one. EDIT: I guess CU winning out would not jump them over NU if NU goes 3-1 as ties are broken by overall record, so I guess that definitely means I'm pulling for CU.

OU @ aTm - Another head scratcher. Theoretically, NU could pass up aTm in league standings; NU wins out and aTm drops games at Baylor and at KU (both very possible). However, I think it's probably in NU's best interest that aTm keeps winning, so I'll pull for the Aggies.

KSU @ NU - duh

Baylor @ Mizzou - Neither one of these teams will win out (most likely). If you're looking strictly at Big XII standings, you would root for Baylor in this one. It'd even up NU and Mizzou's records, thus beating Mizzou would jump NU in front of them and Baylor has too tough of a schedule to win out so they'd add a loss breaking the record tie with NU. However, in terms of the bubble, I think you need Mizzou to win. Everyone has them in the tourney anyway, so a win over Baylor knocks Baylor out of NU's way most likely and keeps Mizzou's status up for when they come to Lincoln.

I've had about 20 different opinions on each of these games, but this is where I'm at right now. I'm really curious, what do you HB Bracketologists think?

To much thinking right now your making my head hurt

:dunno :dunno

Wednesday:

KSU @ NU - duh

The teams I will be rooting for will be

KU- for the reasons you mentioned

Texas- if Texas wins out it makes our win that much better, and a win against a potential 1 seed would be big

Colorado- we need CU to win out tell the last game of the year. If we do so RPI gets better and people will notice since it is the last regular season game of the year

A&M- No big reason except its a good win for us against a good tourny team and RPI gets better

Mizzou- we need Baylor to be knocked out of the bubble picture since they beat us. If it came down to us and Baylor, depending on Big 12 tourny they would likely select Baylor instead of us.

Wednesday:

KSU @ NU - duh

The teams I will be rooting for will be

KU- for the reasons you mentioned

Texas- if Texas wins out it makes our win that much better, and a win against a potential 1 seed would be big

Colorado- we need CU to win out tell the last game of the year. If we do so RPI gets better and people will notice since it is the last regular season game of the year

A&M- No big reason except its a good win for us against a good tourny team and RPI gets better

Mizzou- we need Baylor to be knocked out of the bubble picture since they beat us. If it came down to us and Baylor, depending on Big 12 tourny they would likely select Baylor instead of us.

Suprisingly Nebraska probably has a superior resume to Baylor. Baylor has the lowest RPI among the teams dog fighting for an NCAA bith, 20+spots behind NU

Looks like we don't need to worry about OSU anymore... wow

I can't really say I am shocked. As bad as Texas made Rock Chalk look in the second half of their win, I think KU is better and will go further than the Horns. KU has a true post game and post depth that Texaqs doesn't. Texas more or less runs two guards, two true small forwards and a combo small/power forward. I think the Morris twins are really gonna get hot, and Rock Chalk will be the flag bearer for the former conference.

these are the current big 12 RPI's per team (as of 10:30 p.m. CST 2/21)

Texas...(11-1)23-4...RPI #8

Kansas...(11-2)26-2...RPI #1

Texas A&M...(8-4)21-5...RPI #27

Missouri...(7-5)21-6...RPI #29

Nebraska...(6-6)18-8...RPI #63

Kansas State...(6-6)18-9...RPI #30

Baylor...(6-6)17-9...RPI #79

Colorado...(5-7)16-11...RPI #93

Oklahoma...(4-8)12-14...RPI #133

Texas Tech...(4-8)12-15...RPI #139

Oklahoma State...(4-9)16-11...RPI #59

Iowa State...(1-11)14-13...RPI #146

Also, this little linky is very helpful when trying to figure out league finishes. LINK!! It updates with every game and allows you to pick winners to see different finishes within the standings.

• Fire 2

The tech and baylor losses are killing us.

So does the loss of Dinger at the beginning of the year...

I was starting to wonder if anyone was gonna bring him up. Obviously it's not something we need to dwell on but how much better would our rebounding/inside scoring/ energy be if he were still on board. It kind of sounds like his personality and priorities didn't fit into a Sadler coached team though...but neither did Toney's when he got here and his attitude seems to have taken a 180 for the better.

The tech and baylor losses are killing us.

So does the loss of Dinger at the beginning of the year...

I was starting to wonder if anyone was gonna bring him up. Obviously it's not something we need to dwell on but how much better would our rebounding/inside scoring/ energy be if he were still on board. It kind of sounds like his personality and priorities didn't fit into a Sadler coached team though...but neither did Toney's when he got here and his attitude seems to have taken a 180 for the better.

Sorry, I don't see it. I think this team is better off without him. As "soft" as people label Diaz, and as "silly" as Toney gets labeled, and as "unathletic" as Ubel is, all these guys bring 10x more to the defensive end than CS. With Doc's gameplan, one guy lapsing on D is more detrimental than any scoring or rebounding that was lost with the departure of CS.